Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 14:14:24

great post dragonlance. ALso agree with everything Detmer has posted.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 8th 2011, 21:21:48

it's not a great post. it's an ignorant post driven by the emotion of fear.

i've seen MADD quote that 160,000,000 trips per year were driven by drunk drivers, and it only resulted in 30k deaths? that's a heck of alot of trips being performed by people with impaired reflexes that don't result in somebody being killed to detah.

maybe your facts and your laws are just based solely on emotionalism to generate revenue for the state?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Feb 9th 2011, 0:05:38

DL, the culture here HAS changed. Our laws are FAR more punitive that what you've described, with long license suspensions, massive fines, insurance penalties, ignition interlocks and in some states jail time. How many NON alcohol related driving fatalities are there every year? This is again a story about a family member: http://staugustine.com/.../022605/new_2914416.shtml I am not trying to elicit sympathy, merely to illustrate that these things will happen whether or not alcohol is involved. My cousin Amy was at fault in the accident. This time, it was only her that was killed, but her parents are still shells of themselves, her brother and sister are different people as well. No alcohol. Do we ban passing on the highway, since that is what she did? Misjudging distance cost her her life.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 22:12:39

vic we do ban passing on 2 lane roads where it is deemed dangerous. Thus the dashed versus solid yellow lines.

Feb 10th 2011, 22:17:45

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

seems to be the right place to find stats about driving fatalities.

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Trends/TrendsAlcohol.aspx

"Note: NHTSA estimates alcohol involvement when alcohol test results are unknown.
*Total Number - Total includes fatalities in crashes in which there was no driver or motorcycle rider present."

cars are crashing with no driver present? dang, they're just like those loaded guns that go on a rampage and kill their owners.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Feb 10th 2011, 22:21:47
See Original Post

Feb 10th 2011, 22:31:00

oh, and it seems that since 1994, sane and sober people have been responsible for 60% of the traffic fatalities. why can't those sober people drive as good as the drunks?

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 10th 2011, 22:50:39

way more than 60% of the poeple on the road are sober... at least lets hope.

Feb 10th 2011, 23:19:26

not necessarily, i saw a stat somewhere that stated that 40% of Americans have had alcoholic problems.

http://www.cbsnews.com/...0/health/main515755.shtml

the hospitals are killing us like 6x faster than drunk drivers.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Feb 10th 2011, 23:25:26
See Original Post

Jun 22nd 2011, 20:04:57

http://healthland.time.com/...hind-the-wheel/?hpt=hp_t2

ROFLMAO. do David Phillips and Kimberly M. Brewer, even have a clue as to how many people actually drive after a drink or two or three without hitting diddly squat? yank their dang funding and make them get a real job.

Fail Diego Fail

Jun 22nd 2011, 22:39:11

"IF YOU CHANGE LAWS, A SOCIETIES CULTURAL ACCEPTANCE OF ACTIONS WILL CHANGE."

for example, passing prohibition of alcohol increased its use and it was more acceptable to see women (flappers of that day) out drinking

Fail Diego Fail

Jun 22nd 2011, 22:54:55

Originally posted by Detmer:

Wrong. Dibs gave an individual's annual likelihood of dying from a drunken driver. We have no reason to assume that probability will change at any point with the information he provided.

now now, youre not exactly supposed to extrapolate (especially for 75 years) but I do see your point

Marco Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 23:28:46

Originally posted by Fail Diego Fail:
"IF YOU CHANGE LAWS, A SOCIETIES CULTURAL ACCEPTANCE OF ACTIONS WILL CHANGE."

for example, passing prohibition of alcohol increased its use and it was more acceptable to see women (flappers of that day) out drinking

For example, no smoking in public places. It's almost taboo now and most smokers, myself included aporeciate a smoke free dinner

Jun 27th 2011, 11:42:05

someone in Philly got kicked out of a bar for smoking indoors then went back with a gun and unloaded it. wonder how i'm going to research Smoker Bar Rage Shootings... is this just the beginning or has it been happening for awhile? first time i've seen it mentioned as such.

like people go to bars for their health.
non-smokers are going crazy with their WHO sponsored oppression!

Jul 4th 2011, 15:21:22

Citation:State v Hamm 577 A.2d 1259 (NJ 1990)
hmm, seems that i've was a bit misinformed about the criminality of driving drunk in NJ. seems that someone on the web is stating that i can drive drunk in NJ as long as i can drive without crashing into anything. guess i don't have to worry about riding my unicycle drunk now, least not until i get my 1st misdemeanor conviction. hehe, funny stuff. Party! Party! Party!

dang, my facebook status has a typo in it.

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 4th 2011, 16:12:10

We could just tweak the laws of physics so that if 2 vehicles hit each other, the lack of momentum would just make the cars/ppl inside them stop instead of keep going/crunch each other up/bounce off each other...

Getting rid of the concept of momentum/inertia would take care of a lot of problems, I think. Fell off a cliff? You just stop when you hit the ground. No annoying splatter to clean up afterwards. Plane crash? Pass me the kool-aid, fix whatever caused the plane to crash in the first place, and take off again. Parkour stunt gone wrong? Well, nothing can fix stupid, I'm afraid...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Jul 4th 2011, 16:24:04

http://www.guardian.co.uk/...rmance-psychoactive-drugs

government doesn't seem to want people to get smarter. stupid is allowing laws to be passed because of an invoked fear of mortality over a potentiality that doesn't actually seem to have much chance in happening per person.

Jul 7th 2011, 0:46:09

Jul 7th 2011, 1:53:21

meh, no new noobs who are going to attempt to refute the fact that it's been recorded that sober people kill twice as many people as drunk drivers per year.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2011, 17:49:10

LIES, DAMNED LIES, AND STATISTICS! They can be made to provide whatever proof you are looking for.

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Jul 25th 2011, 18:01:50

ain't lies, it's simple math. you should have been taught this stuff during high school if not before then.

trumper Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 18:39:24

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
meh, no new noobs who are going to attempt to refute the fact that it's been recorded that sober people kill twice as many people as drunk drivers per year.

Or that someone 74+ is twice as likely as someone 25-65 to get into a fatal crash.

Grendel Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 22:09:03

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
Originally posted by BobbyATA:
and I really dislike MADD because I think they took a serious problem of drunk driving and decided to tackle a completely different issue of underage drinking. They went about the problem 100% in the wrong way in my opinion...

i think they have a valid point when it comes to people driving around drunk, i just question how much i should have to pay for not killing anyone. and i definitely question the legality of whether a home owner should be able to lose their property simply because i consumed alcohol at their place of residence.

Must be an american issue....
An englishman would never lose their home because some a$$ got drunk there.