Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 14:10:37

The NFL will begin suspending players this week for helmet to helmet hits. What are your thoughts on this matter?

I think that helmet to helmet hits should be a personal foul; the penalty should be a 15 yard penalty or half the distance to the goal (incidental vs intentional). For flagrant violations the player should be ejected from the game.

Anyway for the weekend that led to this, the NFL handed down two $50,000 fines and one $75,000 fine.

Seriously, if you want to hit something with your helmet, run into a brick wall.
-Angel1

mrford Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 14:14:01

See the thread about the hit on D. Jackson
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 0:32:59

no helmets means no helmet to helmet hits:p

unfortunatly NFL is a game where helmets are needed due to the nature of the ball being spotted at furthest gain, so you go as hard as possible to get that inch.

Where as in rugby it's about securing possession so you protect the ball, and the other guy wraps you up to try and get the ball free.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 0:20:28

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
you go as hard as possible to get that inch.

I bet that's what you tell all the girls :-P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 26th 2010, 17:04:43

if they're going to put in rules to protect QB's, they should be doing the same for receivers, running backs, etc

injures suck, and hurt the fans as much as the teams when someone goes down for a few weeks
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Oct 27th 2010, 6:04:46

lets just make it flag football! they dont get paid millions of dollars to tiptoe around the field
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 2:29:33

just play cricket or baseball