Verified:

Pteppic Game profile

Apr 28th 2012, 9:50:49

will the Heat get it done this time? I do not hope so:P Unfortunately as a Mavs fan, I will probably hear the first laughs from the Heat fans;-)

Twain Game profile

Apr 28th 2012, 14:01:16

I'll take the Spurs to win it all. I'd take my Bulls, but I'm not convinced of Rose being 100% and able to go at playoff speed. I think even without Rose they could make the Eastern final, but I don't think they could beat Miami or San Antonio without Rose being at MVP-calibre level.

mrford Game profile

Apr 29th 2012, 6:54:30

I live in Miami, so I guess I'll pull for them, but I'm a Bobcats fan at heart, as painful as that is to admit. So naturally I could give a fluff less about this season.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Rico Game profile

Apr 29th 2012, 12:54:47

Go Clippers!

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 29th 2012, 20:19:12

had rose not gone out with an acl tear, they had the best chance of winning it. best bench players, best offensive rebounding, highest second chance points in league...

but you know what we true Chicago fans always say....

There's always next year!!
The Death Knights

XI

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 30th 2012, 0:03:44

Go Spurs Go!
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Cannon Game profile

Apr 30th 2012, 2:42:39

Hopefully my Pacers can do something this year

Twain Game profile

Apr 30th 2012, 12:53:04

Cannon: I'd imagine they can easily beat the Magic in round 1 (despite the game 1 loss).

They better be playing their top game in round 2 to get past the Heat though. That's where I see them going down. But with the Bulls Rose-less and the way Miami finished the season, there's a case to be made that the East is pretty wide open.

I'm still guessing the Heat weren't playing their most motivated basketball in those last 4 games though and that they should have a fairly easy path until the NBA Finals.

Pteppic Game profile

Apr 30th 2012, 18:34:13

at the moment I'd say the Spurs if they come through in the West else I'd expect Miami with Rose out.

anferny Game profile

May 1st 2012, 0:04:23

go New York Knicks

legionx Game profile

May 5th 2012, 15:37:27

I take Spurs to win it all this year. Probably one of the last chances save next year being it depending on if Duncan renews contract

Pteppic Game profile

May 8th 2012, 4:42:51

Usually I am for a team rather than against one. But watching the Clippers game maked me simply want to root against them. Griffin was in the college drama club I assume.

anferny Game profile

May 8th 2012, 6:26:37

Knicks wont give up

legionx Game profile

May 8th 2012, 14:35:09

Don't stop, don't stop til you get enough.

Twain Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:24:19

I really don't find any of the 2nd round matchups very compelling. I doubt the Pacers can hang with the talent of Miami unless Miami plays down to them. The Celtics should easily beat either the 76ers or a depleted Bulls team (unlikely they'll come back, but either way....).

In the West, I think the Spurs will easily handle whoever wins the 4/5 matchup. Lakers/Thunder could be compelling, because Kobe has an almost Jordan-like will to win, but ultimately, I don't think they have enough to beat the Thunder this year.

However, the conference finals if they end up being Celtics/Heat and Spurs/Thunder could be a lot of fun to watch. I think the Celtics end up being a tough matchup for the Heat because of Rondo at the point guard. I think the other Celtic veterans are slightly outmatched by their Heat counterparts, but each is close enough to keep the game close. But Rondo is far better than anyone the Heat has at the 1, and if they pull Lebron off to guard Rondo, they leave either Allen or Pierce up against an inferior defender. I don't know that this necessarily means the Celtics can beat them in the playoffs, but I think it'll be interesting to watch.

The Thunder/Spurs I think favors the Spurs, because they still have all their main championship talent, but now they actually play an offensive style of basketball now instead of just running pick and rolls with Duncan and Parker for 48 minutes and trying to win 85-78 like they seem to have done in all their previous championship years. At the same time, the Thunder are just really fun to watch, too. So it could be a very entertaining series.

anferny Game profile

May 16th 2012, 15:29:15

sad Knicks out, next season should better

Pteppic Game profile

May 17th 2012, 23:27:34

if another team than the Heat comes through in the East, then the finals will be boring

Twain Game profile

May 18th 2012, 12:17:31

If the Heat come through but Bosh can't play, I can't imagine that'll be much more exciting. Indiana's pretty much showing all you need to do is pound it inside to expose Miami's weakness. San Antonio with Duncan or the Lakers with Gasol and Bynum would absolutely crush them. Perhaps they could match up better with the Thunder, since their marquee talent matches up more closely with the natural positions of the Heat stars, but anything's possible--we've already seen the top two Eastern conference teams drastically weakened by injuries after a brutally condensed regular season.

This is turning into a true "last team standing" situation, with the list of injured players being almost as important as the list of healthy players.

Cannon Game profile

May 19th 2012, 2:42:55

Don't count out the Pacers boys. They thrive in the underdog role.

legionx Game profile

May 19th 2012, 4:54:27

Spurs looking real good to take the title this year.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 21st 2012, 23:21:59

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Go Spurs Go!

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 21st 2012, 23:22:24

Originally posted by anferny:
sad Knicks out, next season should better
they're the Knicks, don't hold your breath

chem20 Game profile

May 22nd 2012, 5:57:59

hmmm

Twain Game profile

May 22nd 2012, 12:43:56

Spurs look good so far.

Spurs vs. OKC will likely be the real NBA Finals.

legionx Game profile

May 22nd 2012, 14:38:37

Hell yeah spurs are steamrolling

jabberwocky Game profile

May 24th 2012, 6:19:11

ya spurs rock, hoping for a spurs/heat final. Thunder are playing really well though.

mrford Game profile

May 24th 2012, 7:16:06

Thunder will not be able to handle the spurs deadly pick and roll, and their extreme experience.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 27th 2012, 4:26:37

Indy was probably the toughest opponent for the Heat before the Finals. I was hoping Philly would go through instead of Boston (just because it would shut up the Boston fans), but I guess it will be fun to see Boston get swept/lose in 5.

That being said, I want the "Miami model" of building a team to be discredited further so a miracle win from the Celtics would be appreciated.

ryujin84107 Game profile

May 29th 2012, 17:28:28

I think the Spurs will win out.