Verified:

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 17:36:01

what happens to Muslims who don't do the hajj pilgrimage?
they mentioned again that animal sacrifice, which is probably ok, since i think they're going to eat most of it. just not sure that it's something i want to do.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

iNouda Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 5:58:07

I haven't really studied up on this for awhile, not since I finished school but basically, Muslims are suppposed the make the Hajj pilgrimage once in their lifetime if they're physically and/or financially capable, it's one of the 5 pillars of Islam. Eid Al-Adha takes place at the end of the Hajj pilgrimage.

Whereas the slaughtering of the animals bit (cows/sheep/goats...etc) is representative of the fact that when God commanded the Prophet Ibrahim to "slaughter" his son Ismail (to test his faith) and he faithfully went off to carry out the command, thus proving his devotion to God, God then commanded him to substitute his son Ismail with a sheep instead. 1/3 of the meat is kept by the family, 1/3 to friends and the last third to the poor. It's done to commemorate the Prophet Ibrahim's "sacrifice".

Animals get slaughtered every day anyway, just not in front of you. How do you think that chunk of meat you eat got on your plate? =P

General Earl Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 21:37:21

Meat comes from a package :P.. Thats all I need to know. I admit, I feel a little bad when i break open that styrofoam and plastic container, but I do it quickly and humanely.. I hope it doesnt hurt the meat too much ;)
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Nov 13th 2011, 21:57:19

meh, i'm more worried about the meat that we throw away, but i don't understand why they make it a requirement if most of them can't do it... well, over a lifetime, maybe most of them can save enough money for the trip, but what happens to them if they fail?

slaughtering of the animals just fits the season. or does it? what haps if i wait a month or two? i get stuck with eating skin and bones?

crest23 Game profile

Nov 17th 2011, 15:07:56

What's wrong with eating skin and bones?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Nov 17th 2011, 22:32:28

nothing, if all's you want is flavor to make the veggies taste like real meat.