Verified:

Watertowers

Mar 18th 2012, 10:16:06

Obviously, people of different races have different athletic abilities. A quick glance at the average weight of the different races finds that although whites are on average taller, blacks have heavy outliers. Note that this comes from an academic website where they have discovered that it is highly meaningful to separate by race.

http://www.halls.md/chart/height-weight.htm

The result is that sports now is about comparing apples to oranges. A black blessed with safari genes should not run with a white who practiced his entire life.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 13:13:33

blacks vs blacks and whites vs whites etc would be racism.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Watertowers

Mar 18th 2012, 13:23:12

If saying that different races are inherently different is racism, than I am definitely a racist.

However, all medical science has shown that races are different. Sickle cell anemia occurs among blacks. Tay-sachs to Jews and whites. Stomach cancer in Asians.

And of course, blacks are predisposed to certain sports, given that survival skills in the prehistoric black population meant who ran the fastest.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 15:17:11

sports are just for entertaining the masses, so it doesn't really matter what's being compared as long as you throw money at them.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Twain Game profile

Mar 18th 2012, 15:49:44

I feel like commenting to point out how stupid this is, but I don't even know where to begin.

Oceana Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 11:34:14

If whites are taller, then is it that they can't jump, why few are in the NBA?

And guess your right about running to survive guess them white boys din't run fast enough in siberia from the siberian tigers is why its a thinly populated area...lol

Sorry twain it was to hard to just say ditto

Oceana Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 11:38:19

oh where is the .edu in that Academic website..

Halls MD is that like a cough drop doctor?

Watertowers

Mar 19th 2012, 14:20:50

Looking at the upper half of the top decile of men isn't a good measure of the top few percent who become basketball players. However, the graph clearly shows racial differences, such as the fact that black women are indeed fatter by far for all the percentiles.

What I'm saying is that if whites who are superior in some sports (racecar driving, which requires strategy) are competing against blacks who are superior in others (marathons which require endurance), then why not let horses in?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 17:17:48

Watertowers, you wouldn't happen to have an opinion on the tortoise racing the hare, would you?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 19th 2012, 20:21:23

Originally posted by Twain:
I feel like commenting to point out how stupid this is, but I don't even know where to begin.

Quoted for truth

Watertowers

Mar 20th 2012, 6:54:48

Being scientific is my motto. Something that is most influential to my views on human beings is the contention that humans are similar to other animals in most respects. Just like in other species, there are breeds of humans that we, of course, call races.

And we use breeds for specific competitions, obviously. Huskies for dog racing, bloodhounds for tracking, etc. My proposal is simply to to the same for a species that has breeds just as in dogs.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 14:46:40

Originally posted by Watertowers:
Being scientific is my motto. Something that is most influential to my views on human beings is the contention that humans are similar to other animals in most respects. Just like in other species, there are breeds of humans that we, of course, call races.

And we use breeds for specific competitions, obviously. Huskies for dog racing, bloodhounds for tracking, etc. My proposal is simply to to the same for a species that has breeds just as in dogs.

Breeds and races are very typological. They are only distinctions in the human mind and are not hard and fast boundaries. They only help people to discriminate (and I don't mean that with any connotations) between similar things and have no inherent meaning. Just because you can select a subset of humans that on average are different in some way does not mean that 1) these differences do not arise from social factors and 2) that the best from each group are not on equal footing in a given competition.

Your arguments are very much like the ones that black guys can not be quarterbacks. It was conventional wisdom until people who cared about winning more than racism let the best players play where they played best. You specifically mention black people as being better at marathons but if you look at the historic progression of marathon record times http://en.wikipedia.org/..._world_record_progression (and ignoring the stuff in the 50's and earlier when there clearly were not widespread opportunities for lots of ethnicities to compete) we see that there are lots of different ethnicities which are all perfectly competitive in marathons.

I think the problem is you think you understand how science works and you try to think rationally but when you try to you don't get it right.

Ominix Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 23:49:28

lets all interbreed and eventually there will be no white or black, only brown.

you'll see.... oh you'll see >:)

mwahahahahahahahhahahahaa

Hneftafl Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 2:53:45

'Being scientific is my motto.'

LMFAO
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

Twain Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 20:57:30

Again: Watertowers is the scientific, rational one here, guys.

Let's all stop giving him grief. The REST of us are the idiots that don't understand.

Please educate us more!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 22nd 2012, 23:51:18

Originally posted by Twain:

+10
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 23:58:48

watertowers wants to use black people like dogs

smack them on the nose with a newspaper when they chew on your loafers and or eat off the table?

Oceana Game profile

Mar 24th 2012, 11:07:00

no watertowers is just pissed that no matter how much he trains he can't win a race so he wants new rules to eliminate the competion.

Try steroids its what the real athletes use.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2012, 19:35:44

LOL ^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!