Verified:

DM Game profile

Patron

Jul 23rd 2010, 14:38:56

Who can swing from llaar's nuts the most? For a second I thought he had herpes but when you look closer at it, it's half the trolls from FFAT swinging from his penile regions.

:P

malykii Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 14:48:11

lol, well when you whip them out and slap everyone in the face as hard as he did what do you expect :P
fear the turtles.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 16:12:15

^
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Twain Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 16:53:28

eh, I'm a big fan of the idea that you should play the game you want to play it (assuming it's within the rules, of course).

If you want to war--war.

If you want to try to compete for the #1 spot--find what strategy is going to work the best and use it and do everything in your power to avoid suiciders and play that strategy well.

If you're against land-trading/self-farming, play each country to the best of your abilities, and consider it a competition against yourself.

I personally don't think llaar's strategy is anything all that impressive, but the outcome was. Before I get attacked for that, what I mean is, had I come up with the idea and attempted to have done what llaar did, I believe I could have finished in the top 5 or at least top 10 myself. Could I have done what llaar did? Probably not. However, instead of whining about it, I'm just gonna keep playing the game I want to play it.

It's more fun for me to play what I consider to be a more traditional strategy and compete against my personal bests. Crying about what llaar did will neither stop him, nor benefit anyone.

Heck, if nothing else, the amusing thing about llaar's strategy this last set is it's far more transparent than any other attempt to create a monster country. When someone does a buyout, the casual player can't watch how it happened, and learn step-by-step just by watching the news. Same with an FA-chain (even though it's more obvious, you still can't see the evidence of it just by watching the news).

With llaar's strategy, if you're curious how he did it, all you have to do is look up the news and you've got the vast majority of the strategy.

So if you want to try to finish #1, check his news and replicate. If not, why cry about it? It's just not productive.

malykii Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:01:06

well said. everything he did was not against the rules, just like it has been said before, and the end result was quite impressive. that is what makes running 16 countries so interesting. it adds different strategies into a game that, in my opinion, really needs it.

if i were a new player and saw that, i would also keep playing to try and figure out how the hell he got so much bigger than everyone else. as a vet, i see it as someone putting a bit of effort into the game they enjoy playing to take the number one spot in nw. if you like to net, that generally is the goal for the country you are creating. i know i try every set to get there. i have never done it in ffa or alliance, but i still try.
fear the turtles.

llaar Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:21:48

on noes! everyones catching the llaarpies!

thanks for the comments guys, i think it did make for a more entertaining set than usual :)

ICe Man

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:24:48

Just wait till they see your UBer war strat?
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Twain Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:49:51

if he's got some type of war strat that's as effective as his netting strat, then I'm all the more glad we're pacted to LaE :P

Havoc Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 18:01:49

Infinite turns/missiles bug?:P
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega