Verified:

gregg Game profile

May 9th 2010, 2:34:37

The mods have detected the cheating and handed out the punishment. Fine that concludes this scandal.

We should plan now for the next cheaing scandal.

The recidivsm rate for puter hackers is very high. Swirve closed in part because guys like these were cheating and yet they pick it right up again at the first opportunity. They know that cheating jeopardizes the entire game yet they do it anyway. They do it on multiple servers ruining not just ffa but others as well. Obviously nothing can be done to deter them. We know another cheating scandal is coming. So plan now for when you catch LaE again be it three months from now or a year from now. You can not stop them but perhaps you can contain them.

In order to contain the damage they will do, there are several actions that can be taken based on how MLB contained the steroid scandal, the NCAA tries to restrain recruiting violaions and the NBA handled its cheating referee scandal. These are not punitive actions merely reasonable steps which can be taken to contain recidivsm and the harm they can cause before they are detected next time.

Obviously these four guys can never again be allowed to play in the same clan or on the same individual server.

Ckearly a clan can never again be allowed to become so big that even honest managers can not detect cheating within their ranks.
I have no idea how big is too big but there are men on this server who can devise the appropriate safeguards.
Clans must be required to take mesures to ensure that their players are not employing clan tactics on the individual servers.

The community should have an open discussion about how to implement these safeguards. The community must also create a place for whistleblowers to get reports of suspected cheating before respected fact finders. In addition when a complaint of a suspected illegal ingame message is filed, the complainant should have a way of keeping the ingame message. We must protect the identity of the accused during the process but the complaint must be reviewed by fact finders that everyone trusts. If these fixes are undertaken now the next scandal will be much less damaging and more easily contained.

Edited By: gregg on May 9th 2010, 2:40:27
RESTRICT LaE to 80% of its cheat size

Some Guy

May 9th 2010, 2:38:31

Good post but it won't happen.

They will do it again.

Twain Game profile

May 9th 2010, 2:48:22

I don't know that *we* can do anything.

However, the interesting thing is, just like hackers will learn and try to come up with new methods of getting around security, the admins will hopefully learn and find ways of preventing each type of hack.

I'm far from an expert on either side of this argument, but hopefully the admins are able to find ways to detect this new type of cheating.

In the meanwhile, I'm not sure most of the other ideas are all that sounds. If the admins wanted to ban the 4 players in question, that's their prerogative, but putting a cap on an alliance? It's still possible with their member pool that the 500 or so countries LaE had the previous set might have been legitimate countries. Is that too big? Are AoDT and NBK too big? Is 1,000 the limit? What if the game grows back to its prime? What if a clan ends up with 80 members (not unheard of considering the size of alliance/ec clans). At 10 per, that'd be 800. At 15 per, that's 1200.

Should a clan be punished for being good at recruiting?

NOW3P Game profile

May 9th 2010, 3:32:42

How does a guy who just posted that he didn't start playing until EE started up know what Swirve/Jolt/OMAC did and didn't do? Or why the decisions that were made were made?

Also, who the fluff are you to decide who gets to play where? You've been here for 3 months, and you think you get to dictate what clans people get to play in because you have a stalker hard on for LaE, and can't even pull your head outta your arse long enough tocheck your facts before posting them?

Seriously, come down off your high fluffing horse - you oughta know it's bad when a guy who takes pride in the lowest levels of trolling like this is telling you you're a moron. Please, get back on your "no more voices" meds, take a walk around the block for some sun, have a coke, a smile, and kindly shut the fluff up.

Hobo Game profile

May 9th 2010, 3:40:27

4 mans' crimes cannot be bore by the innocent.

Edited By: Hobo on May 9th 2010, 3:40:35

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2010, 3:53:15

coocoocachoo

Edited By: mrford on May 9th 2010, 3:53:49
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

May 9th 2010, 5:07:57

i wish my voices had call waiting :(
all praised to ra

General TwizTid

May 9th 2010, 5:16:15

nowep really likes to try get on a real personal level....
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 9th 2010, 6:01:00

Originally posted by gregg:

The recidivsm rate for puter hackers is very high. Swirve closed in part because guys like these were cheating and yet they pick it right up again at the first opportunity.

i like to think we're a little more on the security ball than swirve was...

i think qz and I alone have more schooling under our belt than mehul had, INCLUDING GRADE SCHOOL... let alone slag's ridiculous math/algorithm knowledge. :P

i think the core idea that me, slag and qz want to get across is that we want EVERYONE to work together to help push the game forward, and cheating hinders that goal. If we all work together, EE can be something great, but it's up to the community to put in some effort as well -- the dev guys have already shown we're in this for the right reasons. :)

Edited By: Pangaea on May 9th 2010, 6:01:55
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

May 9th 2010, 6:11:59

Originally posted by General TwizTid:
nowep really likes to try get on a real personal level....

naw, its just that this guy has been trolling the express forum for weeks

apparently every country on express is LaE, even the ones who arnt, and publicly tell him they arnt

he has a hardon for LaE
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Some Guy

May 9th 2010, 21:57:53

Originally posted by Hobo:

Its a little easier to blame them when the four men are the four heads, they admit they will continue cheating and they admit that they have even killed their own netters.

jagernacht Game profile

May 9th 2010, 23:00:06

Originally posted by Hobo:

men's*
borne*
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

Fuzzy Logic Game profile

Patron

May 9th 2010, 23:18:17

how is babby formed? how girl get pregnant?

jagernacht Game profile

May 9th 2010, 23:27:59

you mean pragnent?
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

NOW3P Game profile

May 10th 2010, 4:07:55

Twiz should know gregg's past precedent. And yes, I am a prick. If you don't like it.....*rattles zipper*

Some Guy - you're a fluffing tool. Go drink some anti-freeze or something.

See?

Some Guy

May 26th 2010, 17:33:07

ttt

Havoc Game profile

May 26th 2010, 17:38:58

why?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

May 26th 2010, 19:20:36

some guy you are so lame... this is pretty much irrelevant. whatever makes you happy I suppose.

Makinso Game profile

May 26th 2010, 20:28:07

hhmmm personally not speaking for EE here for a second.

But I see nothing but grace from LaE. They took apropriate action, restructurized their alliance, Put new leadership in place and cleaned ship on anyone cheating.

The people who were involved are mostly gone if they are still playing in LaE they are doing so under heavy restrictions and under the direct loop of new leadership. (there country tag up definitly shows this).

So even though I don't like what happened I personally won't beat on LaEs current new setup over the past. And hope they keep striving the be the effing best.

Edited By: Makinso on May 26th 2010, 20:34:36

starstalker4

May 26th 2010, 21:28:32

if u see nothing but grace from LaE u have not read their posts
i suggest u spend ten minutes reading their posts on EXPRESS

they whine, lie and insult people regularly
they are a danger to the survival of the game

frankly makinso's post is more disturbing than jag's cheating and LaE's general conduct
because Makinso is a good man who has the best interests of the game at heart
when good men willingly turn a blind eye to misconduct
things get even worse

we know that there will always be cheating
but if there will also always be naivete

then there is no reason for hope
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

mrford Game profile

May 26th 2010, 22:06:49

That's it

I'm convinced stalker is Gregg now
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Makinso Game profile

May 26th 2010, 22:12:08

I deem actions above words Star.

If that happens on express boards the express mods should notice that and pick up those cases if not please make sure too notify us about it.

mrford Game profile

May 26th 2010, 22:15:59

It's not that maki

Gregg thinks that everyone that kills him and finishes in the top 10 on express is lae

kinda like how we never landed on the moon, or bush was the mastermind behind 9/11

u know
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

May 26th 2010, 22:32:29

Thanks Maki - glad to see the world's not completely full of greggs. Some notice of our efforts is definitely appreciated.

starstalker4

May 27th 2010, 8:00:45

maki says
if that happens on the express boards...

meaning that maki wont take ten minutes to see their conduct first hand for himself

thus proving my point that he is willfully oblivious
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 27th 2010, 10:07:16

also speaking personally and not for EE

star

please get this one thing in ur head
THIS IS THE FFA BOARD

if lae is doing stuff in express, post about it there,
this is a board for ffa issues not express issues