Verified:

TroyTiger Game profile

Nov 1st 2022, 12:27:51

I am still stuck on which bonuses maybe the best.
Currently use 'building costs' as we have fat countries.

Any opinions/suggestions..

Turns
PCI boom
Indy boom
Food boom
Oil boom
B. costs
Defense
Luck
Expenses
PM Regen.
Decay
Free GDI

Kill4Free Game profile

Nov 1st 2022, 13:27:21

Decay is good if you wish to avoid the % lost from buying then reselling food once you go over the 2b mark. Expenses can be good if you are a reseller, though not all that great of a strat overall. PM regen is good if you are going for a super land country and just reselling stuff off PM near end of set.

All in all, I would say Decay and B. Costs are the best, depending on your strat. If you arent going above 100k acres, B Costs is not critical.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 14:41:58

I'm not sure if building costs make sense unless you are above 200k acres. Assuming you are farming bots of the same strategy you are only going to build about 66% of your total acres. Decay is somewhat of a gamble that only pays off if food costs spike and you aren't planning a government switch to destock. I've only played a couple of sets with bots, but in both sets decay would have been very valuable.

Turns are always the safest, and what I tend to use most. The benefit of FFA is you can combine strategies and try to send money from your extra turn countries to your countries that used decay.

Kill4Free Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 22:36:48

Right now even at just under 100k acres, my 25% building cost reduction is saving me 8m$ a turn of building, so if I spend 1/2 my time overall building, it is equivalent to 4m$ a turn for my day. Using the bonuses for 4 more turns would gain me around 5% more income for the day, which works out to 2m$ a turn. This can change for a techer, as an extra turn of income is more valuable then an extra turn for a casher, but techers shouldnt be going above 100k acres anyway, and hence should not get building costs. Keep in mind, at any moment you can stop putting points into building cost reduction and use the extra turns, while all the previous points are still being used as long as you are grabbing.

These numbers are all fairly fluid, because it really depends on how much you grab, along with how much BPT you have, but generally if you are doing a 5PS a day against efficient targets, building costs have a far higher return after 80k acres, then pure turns do.
NBK

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 3:11:23

Based on some back of the envelope math, a 125k acre country will spend about $20.66B in building costs the entire set. I assumed building 66% of acres and getting the other 33% from landgrabs. So 1.5% saves 310M, vs gaining 4 turns. 4 turns stocking is better as long as you are making $620 per acre per turn. So I think of 125k acres as close to the break even point.

Kill4Free Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 20:15:33

I did some quick calculations (Some of the values are off, and it really depends on how much land you are grabbing per day, and your total land goal). However I made a chart to show the best relative stopping points for at least what my current plan is. Basically the best time to switch from putting turns into cashing vs turns into building costs, is 3 days before you are finished grabbing. The break even point on turns vs building costs savings (purely on a cost point, turns if you are using for more CS to save you more turns later count for a few % more), is 50k acres.

If you saved all the extra turns you got, and used them after you finished building and grabbing, then the turnaround point of where building points is better is 135k acres.

https://imgur.com/jXD1E1I

The debate at this point would be, how many days ahead of schedule will you be with those extra turns. If we use the principal that an extra 80 turns is 1 day ahead, an extra 160 turns is two days, you would be able to add the daily incomes and compare it to the total building costs saved. That value breaks even at around 105k acres (1.25 days ahead of schedule worth of income and land).

I believe based on the above, that around 100k acres is the break even point typically, unless you are burning your turns for income purely, rather then something that boosts you forward (Readiness, grabbing, more CS), in which case the turns are for the most part wasted, as the investment return on them would not be high, then 50k acres would even work).
NBK

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2022, 21:11:46

hmm, interesting K4F.
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

mrford Game profile

Nov 11th 2022, 12:03:17

Damn, this thread reads like one 15 years ago, on a clan division board. I miss the grand times this game was full of massive and tutor programs, and your teacher was yout division leader.. Upload those statuses!

Now a new player is either a nick changing trouble maker, or someone who joined at the wrong time and has no hope of tutoring and will likely ragequit from consequences of violating clan rules they know nothing about.

little more tha. 2 years and the prophecy is fulfilled, and 30 years on an OG text based game.

I remember playing on middle school computers in class with friends, and being ignorant as fluff to the server politics. 1 mistake and you were dead in 10 minutes, lol. RD

HFA and HIA were the hardest, and most bullfluff jobs.

Sorry, old and vomiting my reminiscing thoughts.

Edited By: mrford on Nov 11th 2022, 12:07:37
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 11th 2022, 19:26:34

Originally posted by mrford:
Damn, this thread reads like one 15 years ago, on a clan division board. I miss the grand times this game was full of massive and tutor programs, and your teacher was yout division leader.. Upload those statuses!

Now a new player is either a nick changing trouble maker, or someone who joined at the wrong time and has no hope of tutoring and will likely ragequit from consequences of violating clan rules they know nothing about.

little more tha. 2 years and the prophecy is fulfilled, and 30 years on an OG text based game.

I remember playing on middle school computers in class with friends, and being ignorant as fluff to the server politics. 1 mistake and you were dead in 10 minutes, lol. RD

HFA and HIA were the hardest, and most bullfluff jobs.

Sorry, old and vomiting my reminiscing thoughts.

The new player analogy is changing. The folks over on the solo servers have been helpful. It just depends on how the person acts....that is the key to it lately.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

TroyTiger Game profile

Nov 11th 2022, 20:26:45

Ummm, 15 years ago is when I was playing :P
That may have a lot to do with the nature of a few of my posts. Re-learning stuff. :->