Verified:

de1i Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 16:05:07

He's around promoting some sort of terrible news network and himself.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 21:58:22

"isnt it like 4 hours for DR to end?"

24, just like every other server. See Slag's post in the other thread regarding this issue.

gregg seems to be finally moving towards productive posts over just slandering individual players - I'm hoping the trend continues.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2010, 18:48:06

So no one has presented a logical argument for the statement that "a double tap is too much", right?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 19:30:22

well, it is twice as much as a single tap. 50% more to be exact.

it's the express server, if you hit once, you might as well get a land kill out of it.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

de1i Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 19:37:34

Originally posted by Slagpit:
So no one has presented a logical argument for the statement that "a double tap is too much", right?

My arguement is, if you double tap someone and they're in the wrong (or the right) chances are you'll regret it :)

starstalker4

Jul 9th 2010, 20:04:04

right
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

Dragon Game profile

Jul 9th 2010, 21:31:37

I think it's pretty simple Slagpit. Double tap the wrong guy and he'll turn you into a parking lot or a gravesite. It would follow that the double tap was too much in that case.

Jul 9th 2010, 21:51:02

just land kill them. they won't get to AB crap. might as well, they're all cranky bastages that think that land is important.

Jul 9th 2010, 21:53:25

or you could just balete me and make the forums look silly.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:24:38

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
just land kill them. they won't get to AB crap. might as well, they're all cranky bastages that think that land is important.

LOL!! I think I mentioned that way back in this thread. Something to the effect that if you're gonna farm me, you'd best make it a kill run.

And as far as cranky bastages that think land is important, we're apparently not the only ones because if land wasn't important, why would guys insist on grabbing as many acres as humanly possible even if it means double, triple, quad or worse taps?

Pain Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 1:49:06

my logical arguement is i dont want you in my country, let alone twice.

i dont need to justify why i dont like it. my tanks do the talking
Your mother is a nice woman

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 2:56:44

Correct. So far, most of the answers have been along the lines of "because I can".

Dragon Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 3:00:06

Incorrect. It's "because I WILL".

Now if you know a player WILL flatten you if you grab him more than once, it's not a logical decision to go ahead and double or triple or quad tap him.

Pain Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:08:35

thank you, dragon, for elaborating on my post.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:08:38

bla bla bla....we're all so tough when we can change our names every 4 days....yada yada yada....we don't care about NW, and don't mind acting like children.....yackity schmackity.....

Let's see one of you guys strap on some cajones and try that policy in a real server...I bet you don't last 3 days.

Pain Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:16:21

you mean a real server where a double tap isnt a huge deal because its a month long and you get 3 times as many turns, not to mention people cant double or triple your networth after they grab you? great comparo

i find it ironic that you support RD's 1:kill policy in team, yet youre all for double/triple taps in express. maybe ill start enforcing a 1:kill, theres plenty of RD'ers that play express who ill bet would love to have fun.

i run the same name every set. come do your thang and watch me do mine.

mazooka Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:18:06

in all fairness this is a real server.

it might not have the things you want in a server. a server without alliances. every country for themselves.

believe it or not, there was a time in the prior versions of this game, that even a double tap would have been considered grounds for war. even in alliance, double taps on untagged countries was frowned on and led hostility from other alliances.

remember that everyone playing is a real person and some people don't find it fun to be land grabbed..i know crazy huh.

kemo Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:28:13

wait whoa whoa whoa hold up sonny

theres real people playin?

i learned somethin today. dogs dont lay eggs
all praised to ra

Dragon Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 4:33:57

Originally posted by NOW3P:
bla bla bla....we're all so tough when we can change our names every 4 days....yada yada yada....we don't care about NW, and don't mind acting like children.....yackity schmackity.....

Let's see one of you guys strap on some cajones and try that policy in a real server...I bet you don't last 3 days.

It has nothing to do with being "tough". And I play under the same name every round. I'm not difficult to find.

On the FFA server I have 16 countries and 2 months, and it's an environment with a couple thousand countries and several clans. It's an entirely different dynamic than Express and you know it.

There's really no sense in continuing to argue about it. Anyone who grabs me on a single hit may or may not get retaled. Anyone who double taps me or worse gets turned into a parking lot. It's that simple.

Oh. And If you bounce the first hit and try again, I call that a double tap. Just so everyone's clear.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 18:50:21

Oh yeah, thanks to #10 who bottom fed quad tapped me cause I started late.. Am playing just to test out a strat basically, but I'll remember that tomorrow.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Havoc Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 5:07:03

woot, 8 hits now.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Dragon Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 5:20:06

I'll have something to tell him between now and tomorrow evening.

I probably have a friend or two that will help.

LaE recruiter

Jul 11th 2010, 15:21:32

one of the difficulties that has hampered this server for months has just been laid bare

NOW3P does not consider it a real server
he is not the only one, not by a long shot
i do not wih to single him out because he is just one of many

most of the clan players who spend countless hours playing 15, 30 or 45 countries consider this a nothing server

when they challenge people they challenge them to go onto ffa and start a clan

they treat our forum as a dumping for silly sex jokes and scatalogical content

they do not play the game as individual server but instead treat it as a fake server where who cares if u cheat?

this is bad for the server and bad for the site in general

LaE recruiter

Jul 11th 2010, 15:27:58

Originally posted by NOW3P:
bla bla bla....try that policy in a real server...I bet you don't last 3 days.

this is a real server

Havoc Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 15:37:20

I'm trying out this server for the first time to test out a start up strat and screw around basically.. and will probably continue that. There's enough other servers out there to play for serious finishes (1a/team mostly) and it gets boring doing the same thing in every server. FFA's basically a whole different game as well, at least.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

mazooka Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 15:44:55

well havoc, some of us have family/work commitments that make playing in the longer servers almost impossible.

for me this is the only server that when i play, i know i'll be able to finish the set.

with how often it resets i wouldn't be surprised if this became the gateway server.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 15:55:03

Yeah I get that, and I agree if/when EE goes to facebook Express should be a server that's promoted to new players cause they can get an experience of a month long set in 3-4 days. I'm not going out of my way to suicide/ruin peoples sets either dont worry. I started about 12-15 hours late and am just running an allx all casher start up I wanted to test.. and the first thing I notice is that I'm instantly handicapped cause of the max turns i can have on hand.. and that there's already a fluff load of indies at around 2m nw that I have no hope in defending from.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 1:41:05

GDI and DR's are your friends as an all-x casher

Havoc Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 2:11:30

Oh he took the pleasure of declaring war:)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega