Verified:

ivyleague Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:08:14

what should the minimum market price of one tech point be for a techer to out-net a casher?

i read somewhere a long long time ago that it's about $2,800, which means that with all other things equal, a techer will out-net a casher if tech prices remain above $2,800 for the whole set.

but i'm not sure if that's accurate. can someone verify?

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 14:16:29

I would say the $2800 mark is pretty fair, although it seems a bit on the high side to me. I don't think it's necessarily the point where a techer will outnet a casher or vice versa, but it's definitely the point where I would start to question how feasible teching is vs. converting to a destocking strat.

I think the mark is probably not static either - it will depend a lot on how high your tpt is, what NW you're sitting at, and how quickly techs are selling - not to mention the same issues for competing cashers. It would also be very dependent on what end of set military prices are, as a TTR is going to be able to sustain a higher level of military throughout the set than a casher could - giving them an initial advantage when it comes time to jump.

ivyleague Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:30:42

thanks now3p.

btw, whoever just sold at this price is a retard. haha

type min price avg price max price amount
Military $750 $750 $750 10,000

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 19:22:03

ha ha ha - this early in the set!? shoulda snatched that one up :-(