Verified:

Abbadon

Aug 9th 2010, 4:38:36

teach me teh netting ways and maybe i can avoid becoming detah from over grabbing bastages

I would love to know how to grow any country to 20mil NW on this server. Any government type is fine with me. My best in 10 attempts has been 10mil NW and a 17th place finish with my country "Not the gumdrop buttons" during reset 26. Maybe I just lack the intelligence required to get any higher?

I will be allied to anyone who finished in the top ten and is willing to let me follow their strat next set. Just send me a PM and I will send you my country number for pacts. I will share tech, def, off, or whatever you require from my country. I want to learn how to net in this crazy server.

I will even kill any country that grabs you more than 5 times in a row as long as you don't drop our alliances so I can see how your country is built all the way to the end of the set.

Absolutely not joking. I can admit I do not know how to net here and would really appreciate a teacher.

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 5:19:01

join a clan in alliance and if the clan is decent im sure one or two of them can offer advice

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 5:41:18

Come play in FFA - you get 16 start ups/set to learn and practice ;-)

Abbadon

Aug 9th 2010, 5:42:27

I was in an awesome clan last set that did great at giving direction and was able to get my first 49mil finish ever. There is no clan protection in express though so there must be different requirements to finish well without getting picked apart.

I don't think my all x democracy farmer will work as well here. At least the times I have tried it I have been grabbed mercilessly and it requires a government switch to do an effective kill on the offenders.

Need a better method and am willing to try a new strat.

Abbadon

Aug 9th 2010, 5:56:31

I do play in FFA, but again there is tag/clan protection there and established rules for LG's that most if not all the clans enforce. Almost every time I play here someone ends up farming me a bunch of times in a row and I spend a ton of money switching to a dict or tyr and over a full days turns making their country name red. Then end up at 3 or 4mil NW. I am looking to learn a way to avoid that happening.

jsquared Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:02:45

don't grab someone more than once and they will more likely than not, leave you alone. You will get single retals occassionally, but if you are attacking people half your size, none to worry.

All explore(could grab if you want) Rep Casher's can get you the highest NW, but you have to be good at it, so it will take 3-6 sets to really get a good idea as to how to play it, It really is too hard to explain.

I've done a 20mil techer, but you have to get lucky with high tech prices. if you want to do >20mil, then a rep casher is probably your best bet.

Land goals for most strats are 10k-14k.
TMBR switches at the end aren't always the best idea either.

As long as you don't get suicided or grabbed a lot, you will be able to execute a strat and learn from it. But, that doesn't happen as often as you would like. (I haven't been able to run a strat without incident for the least month and half, and I did all explore Rep cashers for 4 weeks)

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:06:31

I disagree with th tmbr, b4 I got suicided I had a good 2.5-3mill lead on the whole server, day one I was 1.7m to my closest at just over 1m
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."
-Tom Achronos

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:12:45

you wouldnt have won anyways jiff. And abbadon I dont want to insult your 49m nw finish since its pretty cool you beat your record but join laf and listen to them in alliance and youll get 85-95mill nw with an all explore farmer at least.

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:17:02

how do you figure locket? I had a huge advantage IE max out troop prices I
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."
-Tom Achronos

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:19:24

because I am pretty sure I know who will win and his net would have ended above yours? :P an early lead means little if someone else can produce way more than you

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:22:42

Mine would have been on the high side finish between 22-25 mnw
-Tom Achronos

Abbadon

Aug 9th 2010, 6:26:35

that is not an insult to me

i have never run a full netting set until that country and was hit 5 or 6 times before i tagged up plus missed 2 full weeks of the set due to a long trip in the mountains with no cell service so no way to play my country

the point i was trying to make is that in ten attempts on my own in Express and only one set with netting guidance and no war i have not yet figured out how to get really great gains

oh and thanks to the couple people that have chosen to help me learn more quickly i am really looking forward to start of the next set now

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:29:04

well im just saying that i got my advice about this server from my alliance clan :P this was my first set here

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:31:41

Well locket I have played numerous express sets, won a few had top 10 finishes hunted suiciders, I like to use express to Net and find a nice viable strat for other servers its a good test bed for that.
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:34:10

i'd sure like to know how your 10m nw tmbr was gonna end up 22-25.

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:36:27

stockpile Dumbass, when my closest competitor was @ 5mnw. how do you think I would have done it and considering it only costed me about 110 m for every m of NW would have been preety easy,
-Tom Achronos

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:38:59

Oh and for the record I was at 10m nw at 3am sunday morning!

last first I got in xpress I was 13m nw 6pm sunday. 1 full day left I gained 10m nw. and finished just over 23
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:54:32

so you were stockpiling on 10m nw?

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 6:57:45

yes, my prices my sales prices

troops 79 110-130
jets 104 125+
turrets 110 125+
tanks 336 480+

plus the sales of my stockpile tech

I stated that when I made this post

Edited By: jiff69 on Aug 9th 2010, 7:19:05
See Original Post
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:00:37

how much land?

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:02:26

and maxed out tech
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:03:21

g=) i can see that tech is maxed out based on PM prices silly

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:04:13

I was just looking to expand when I got suicided,
-Tom Achronos

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:05:35

when prices start going up today you would have really seen me jump.
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:11:22

it's not impossible, but you're relying heavily on things selling promptly on a low pop servery.

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:12:08

Dude I wouldnt state if I hadnt done it B4 check the history

Look for me
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:16:43

g=) how long ago was that? we lose more and more players each set, also more and more theo's pop up. that means less ppl buying your goods on the ah and more buying of thier own pm

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:17:41

obviously not when I was dbl my closest competitor
-Tom Achronos

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:17:56

lol well frmo what I have noticed prices have only dropped jiff :P

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:19:18

Aug 9th 2010, 6:57:45
yes, my prices my sales prices

troops 79 110-130
jets 104 125+
turrets 110 125+
tanks 336 480+

plus the sales of my stockpile tech

I stated that when I made this post
-Tom Achronos

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:20:52

prices are going back up now!
-Tom Achronos

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:25:52

jiff i'm not contesting that you've done it, nor am i saying you couldn't do it this time. i asked how you were going to do it, then pointed out that based on the current trends of this server, 22-25m while possible was unlikely.

that you were double your closest competitor is irrelivant this early still. the real competition will show themselves in the last hours/minutes of the game. some cashers wait till the very last minutes to squeze out everything they can.

locket Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 7:51:55

only going up because I bought out the public cheapies :P

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 14:42:04

just do as i do and youll be top notch netter.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

me

Aug 9th 2010, 18:16:23

keeping some tanks around will keep the ones who spy from farming you.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 18:29:16

jiff - just to be clear, you had a 2 mil NW lead on the server because you jumped early while others stocked. You would have finished well, but I know of 2 that would have passed you even if you didn't get suicided.

So far as the "don't grab 2x and you'll be fine advice"....I wouldn't follow it. I saw at least 3 countries get hit this set that didn't make a single attack all set. Deerhunter and his merry band of douchewarriors are suiciding anything that makes the #1 spot.

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 21:21:41

is deerhunter from sol?

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 21:49:12

Last time i checked there is no SOL or any alliances in Express.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 22:03:06

your intelligence is amazing

Dragon Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 22:22:01

Originally posted by NOW3P:
So far as the "don't grab 2x and you'll be fine advice"....I wouldn't follow it. I saw at least 3 countries get hit this set that didn't make a single attack all set. Deerhunter and his merry band of douchewarriors are suiciding anything that makes the #1 spot.

I think you can grab 2x "and you'll be fine". After a lot of observation and practice, double taps are largely tolerated.

Just because someone farmed or maimed somebody else for no apparent reason doesn't mean that double tapping will get them killed.

I even adjusted my personal policy on that this set. I got double tapped once. My retal was "unconventional" but still basically 1:1. Should have done 3:2 though.

I certainly would advise anyone against more than a double tap, and to be diligent about knowing who they've grabbed so that they don't go to any one well too (fatally) often.

Checking your news is the easiest way to keep track of what other players you have visited.

As far as co-ordinated action goes, it's virtually impossible to prohibit a few guys from getting together and taking out one or several targets "just because they feel like it" when eaxh player could have up to 10 other players in the various ally slots each player has available to them.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 10th 2010, 2:34:29

I'm not saying it will necessarily get them killed, but I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that you're more likely to get suicided for it here than in any other server. Hell, there's a dozen or so folks here who will suicide for ANY hit - it's becoming the "because I can" server.