Verified:

Uticant Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 0:14:56

Make the Country name carry over for one month.

So, same country name for July, and then a new one for August, new one for September, etc.

There would be more accountability for acting like an ass, which could make grudges more interesting too. That way you can at least identify who hit you last round.

Thoughts?

PowerOfLight Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 2:04:25

excellent idea. I used the same country name for the past several resets. getting attacked by players with no guts and big mouths just because I play a theo is lame. if he's such a big shot he wouldn't hide so this idea would not enable him to.

diez Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 2:12:08

I totally support this idea man.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 2:19:26

Agreed. I always play same name so I can keep allies. Wish others kept same name too.
-MrRedManbhs

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2010, 6:53:22

id like to see country names after the reset is over

dont really care too much for from one set to the next

but i use the same name anyway

Dragon Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 13:16:49

I use the same country name every time myself. I think t would be great if the names carried over for a month at a time.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 14:35:01

I'll throw out another suggestion, not just limited to Express, but I think we should be able to login maybe 1 time after the set ends to see any last minute news, PMs that came in or who waited until the last minute to try to farm. I've had a few sets where I was unable to play in the last hour and somehow my NW drops from my last login to the final result. Would love to know which cowards waited until the last minute to attack, then let their names carry over to the next set :-)
-MrRedManbhs

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 15:25:02

I would love to loggin one time and see that stuff after set is over too. Its a shame we cant ATM. However, i think people should be free to change their names from set to set. I mean, we all know Uticant is a doushbagg. If he wanted to change his name from Uticant- who could blame him?
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 3rd 2010, 22:33:13

Hell, I'd like to see permanent names like in old Tourney (dunno if they still do it). It would add some accountability to the server, which might even have the potential to bring folks back.

Netters don't like getting suicided....but when they get the opportunity to come back and get even, they're usually much more interested. Mehul help you if guys like bsnake, or MrCobalt, or Ivan, or anyone else that knows how to run a sexy war country can find you the set after you suicide on them....

Uticant Game profile

Aug 4th 2010, 3:43:11

Thanks deerhunter, eloquent as always.

And yes anyone can change their name round to round. I think forcing you into one name for a month might just make people second guess what they do over the first 2-3 weeks and could make things more interesting.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Aug 4th 2010, 19:08:32

Makes me wonder if anyone would survive the last set in a month. I'ms ure everyone ticks off someone in a months time.
-MrRedManbhs

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 5th 2010, 2:21:00

Any truly good netter will slap a killer silly in a fight he knows is coming - the role reversal here if we did this would be hilarious.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2010, 5:13:24

if it was a 1 month thing what should actually happen is you can change your name but it shows your country names in the previous 3 resets as well

that would make it rolling

im not really convinced about the goal itself though

Uticant Game profile

Aug 6th 2010, 1:51:36

Accountability to a very short suicide friendly server

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 6th 2010, 15:31:44

Uticant, maybe if you were more friendly people wouldnt suicide you.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 6th 2010, 15:32:42

You are the kind of retard that makes grabs when they would get more land by exploring. You know i am right. Then you wonder why people go nuts on you. really?
I shall fear no retals,

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 7th 2010, 23:33:47

They go nuts on him because he could have gained more land exploring?

makes sense....

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 8th 2010, 1:45:39

then rate at when LG's become better than exploring is actually pretty early. if they're a tyr LG's are better than exploring right out of the gate.

Abbadon

Aug 8th 2010, 18:51:50

I haven't played Express much, it takes a bit more time than I could give lately, but am curious about some things.

How many countries get killed each set in Express?

Do people often attempt to destroy the country that is 3 or 4 ranks higher than them in the last 5 or 10 minutes to raise their own rank?

I know each country has enough turns to be able to kill another country with no assistance so why do any overzealous grabbers ever survive to the end of a set?

The last set I played was over a month ago, and I killed the one country that hit me 5 or 6 times in a row, the very next time I logged in. If everyone defended themselves this way I think less people would get so carried away with their grabbing.

So make over grabbing the definition of "suiciding" and it would go down. (IMO) Chastising them on the boards just makes them infamous and probably makes them grab more.

Also 2 grabs in 24 hrs on one country is not over attacking. More than 2 on one country and you deserve whatever they do to you.

Uticant Game profile

Aug 8th 2010, 19:43:26

I can gain land a lot quicker by attacking than by going all explore.

If you want to be a vigilante and attack me for hitting other people who have nothing to do with you, that is your call. To make yourself out to be some kind of hero/martyr for that is dumb.

I can play an all explore too, but that gets boring. It seems like you like to hide and take your aggression out on whoever is doing well for kicks. This server enables you to do that. There is no way to fend off every attack that can be made on you by someone who is out to get you.

Last round I really pulled in the reins on attacking and double tapped maybe twice. I then got gangbanged by you and others that I never hit.

I realize this is your way to make the game fun for you and try and feel more important to the game, which is fine, but being destructive 100% of the time will only get you so far. This game is considerably shrinking even since switching over from omac. (alliance was 1k countries first round and now has 520).

100% destructive actions do not help anything. If there was 10k players then who would care, but the game is barely viable at this point and your actions do not help the cause.

Your logic is flawed.