Verified:

Menion Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 8:53:52

Always nice for your 29 SPAL to be broken first attempt by someone with a SPAL of 4. Makes me wonder why I even have it half the time...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2011, 9:02:09

Last set I ran 100+ spal,was fun watching people bounce,didn't get grabbed once,this set,low spal,got grabbed 3x in 12hr period :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Menion Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 9:17:17

Yeah, I've had some bounce. Always nice to see it happen. Furiating when someone with no spal manags to do it though.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 15:01:58

Are you sure they didnt just attack blind? Incredibly, there's a lot of EE players who have no clue how to calculate an attack, so they just attack without spying first.

Also, you left out the vital information of total spy counts, which also has a huge effect on whether or not an op succeeded.

Menion Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 15:39:13

That's very risky. Going by his news he wasn't exactly failing any of his SS/PS. I presumed that meant he was spying on them first.

True. Would still expect some failed ops though (unless things have changed since I stopped playing years ago).

blid

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2011, 17:03:34

It's not as risky if you just massively oversend. Usually if a country has, say, 2m networth, you can send 2m jets on PS and win the attack... if you do 3m jets you'll be almost guaranteed to win
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Menion Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 18:00:52

fair enough

blid

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2011, 21:05:11

Or maybe the guy was just lucky and spied on his first attempt, or maybe he was just lucky and sent a random amount and won, hehe..
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 21:51:34

i never attack without spying first, i was somewhat surprised to read rockman saying that.

however blids reasoning makes certain sense, i would just never do it myself (i also like to see ability to retal/suicide :P)

Rockman Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 21:59:58

Originally posted by braden:
i never attack without spying first, i was somewhat surprised to read rockman saying that.

however blids reasoning makes certain sense, i would just never do it myself (i also like to see ability to retal/suicide :P)

I didn't say that I attack without spying first, just that others do it. You'd be surprised how many EE players don't know how to calculate an attack and figure out how to send enough.

P.S. I'm proud to have finally done enough LGs in primary to enter the charts tied with Rob for #1 in attack success. And I do it by always spying before I attack :)

braden Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 22:04:37

yea, i worded that terribly. i never doubted your spying first. I am right now surprised that in 2011 there are enough people who don't know how to calculate a break that you would notice such a thing..

and then blid made a good point about grabbing blind, based off nws and the like and that hadn't occured to me because i don't landgrab :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2011, 22:27:52

I usually send 10% more than what my target has in strength :) also spy alliances to adjust accordingly!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

UBer Bu Game profile

Nov 18th 2011, 23:18:36

Who needs to run searches, just wait for bounced spyops and let the targets find you!
-take off every sig.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2011, 2:11:40

Originally posted by braden:
yea, i worded that terribly. i never doubted your spying first. I am right now surprised that in 2011 there are enough people who don't know how to calculate a break that you would notice such a thing..
this game fascinates me... So much of it seems so simple, pick a gov type, make all of 1 type of building (or two if casher), and profit. so why do I always finish ahead of most people if it's so easy? AND, if it's so easy, why can i NEVER beat people like oldman and Rob? This game just must be sneaky complex.