Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 20th 2010, 1:46:03

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 20th 2010, 7:28:30

Qz and I just fixed a market issue: hopefully that didn't affect anyone.

Spear Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 1:00:16

It affected me, I now have 573 million bushels already stocked.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2010, 6:49:27

Not quite a bug, but on the market page it still says:

Goods take 0 to 30 minutes to be placed on the market.

lincoln

Oct 23rd 2010, 22:45:06

slagpit and qz, well done.

BUT ))))

the following is not a complaint nor is it a request to have my NW adjusted it is simply a discussion of what the GDI retal rule currently is and what it should be going forward. if the rule remains unchanged, the language needs to changed in two places.

in the written version of the ALCSA and in the GDI description posted on the GDI sign up page, the language clearly states that the target of a GDI country may not special retal unless the GDI country has launched two or more ATTACKS, attacks is the operative word in both the body of the ALCSA and the GDI description page.

now i debated this with dantzig before the set started. i read the rule carefully over and over, the word choice is attack. There must be more than one attack.
well no doubt you know where this is headed.

i hate to post this now because if LaEx can understand this post they can find me and kill my country. However i am going to a game tomorrow so i will miss set end anyway. The post is for the good of the server so here goes.

My GDI country launched one attack against a non-GDI country. I also bombed a bank for a couple of million dollars, not an ATTACK but an offensive spy op. What good is a new spy op if you dont try it right? well anyway the target country availed himself of a right to missile me. Under the written rules, he should not have had that right as an offensive spy op is not an attack.

So please decide whether you want to keep the rule as it is currently coded or if you want the rule to be as found in the written ALCSA and GDI description page.

for what it is worth, here is my opinion of what the rule should be.

a spy op does not count as an attack but the GDI country can not launch unlimited spy ops without opening up the chance for retal. I would make the rule that the GDI country can launch one attack and five offensive spy ops before the GDI protection is forfeited.

thanks for adding the new rules and for considering this input.

Edited By: lincoln on Oct 23rd 2010, 22:51:16
See Original Post
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 5:17:14

Nevermind. It appears that I screwed up and attacked a country twice.

Edited By: dantzig on Oct 24th 2010, 13:45:10
See Original Post
FoG

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 16:34:19

I suppose I could change it to "offensive actions", but it clearly lists spy ops in the description as counting.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 25th 2010, 1:40:04

There were some public market problems. We should have these fixed before the new round begins.