Verified:

cloverhead Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 7:36:08

just curious, if anyone actually uses this tech much.. as much as it costs sometimes to get your main tech up, and if you do, obv i can do somewhat simple math but is it that helpful? or is the reason i never finish top 115 out of 160 because i dont use it...

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 7:43:08

i buy up to 125%, only becuase I like land

elvesrus

Dec 17th 2011, 8:03:10

I could go into the whole spiel of how to increase your grabbing efficiency, but just realize its multiplicative with the tyr bonus of 120%. basically if you grab and get 1000 acres without it, you would get 1250 with 125%

helps kill more civs too ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

jabberwocky Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 10:11:47

I think when you're teching it's useful to have, as you can get more land/hit thus spend less turns grabbing. If i was teching as a demo or tyranny, i'd have some around, not sure about theo. Probably a good tech to have if you're land trading.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 16:47:35

Its an extremely useful tech to have if you're trying to grow. I normally get it to 120% to 125%. I do get more weapons tech than strategy tech, because weapons tech allows me to have a lower networth with the same military strength, giving me a hidden gains bonus - lower networth gives better gains on the same target, and gives you a wider range of targets to attack. And it also lets you save money on expenses and on replacing jets lost in attacking.

But I would advise getting military strategy tech once your production techs are good. And if you get in a war, it is extremely useful, because it makes your special attacks more damaging.