Verified:

ponderer Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 16:19:48

I will be hunting suiciders, and hoping to hit them before they strike.

Now if you're tired of being suicided on, here's how you can help. When you do your spy ops for land grabs, keep your eyes out for countries with high amounts of warfare tech. If you see such a country, let me know via forum message.
m0m0rific

ponderer Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 16:23:09

If you're looking to ambush someone who over grabs you or an ally, but not to ruin someone's netting set unprovoked (as many people in express are, myself included often do), then you have nothing to fear from me. Simply message me here on the forums with your country #, and I'll cross you off of my target list.
m0m0rific

lincoln

Aug 26th 2010, 16:30:18

as self appointed cry baby over rules violations
i think any post that includes info obtained from a spy op
is illegal
FoG

ponderer Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 16:35:11

who said anything about rules violations - suiciding is still legal.
And I'm not asking for any specific information.
m0m0rific

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 16:45:50

I don't see anything here asking to have information posted on the forums about spy ops. In-site messages != forum posts.

Good on ya ponderer. Happy hunting.

lincoln

Aug 26th 2010, 17:01:48

if there is a post that says country x has a large amount of warfare research
that is info from a spy op
how can that be legal?

nor is it within the spirit of the rule to say that country x might hypothetically have a large amount of warfare research

i am not an end of set thirty missile guy so this is not personal
but spy info is not to be publicly posted

Edited By: lincoln on Aug 26th 2010, 17:05:19
See Original Post
FoG

diez Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 17:08:05

Lincoln, do you know the difference between insite message and forum post?

Popcom Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 17:20:53

funny that u are one ponderer lol;
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

lincoln

Aug 26th 2010, 17:37:41

diez he said post it on the forum
and its called an ingame message

FoG

diez Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 17:38:36

Allright. Do you understand the difference between ingame message and insite message?

diez Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 17:46:05

I'm trying to be helpful here

This, my friend, is a forum post.

And that shiny thing that says "1 new message" on the top of your screen, is an insite message/forum message.

Therefore nobody is breaking any rules here.

Kingme Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 17:53:37

This thread makes me laugh.

lincoln

Aug 26th 2010, 17:57:41

ok thx diez
i appreciate it

thx for straightening me out

Edited By: lincoln on Aug 26th 2010, 18:14:29
See Original Post
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 19:14:47

Also, In-site messages != in-game messages

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 17:55:58

well, i have to say that i usually tech lots of warfare to keep people from overgrabbing me. Im NOT a suicider- although this set i am the one who is trying to ruin Walls of Stallingrad- but its because he has grabbed me too much in past sets. I dont consider warring one country, esp this earily, suiciding.

All of this said- i did make a huge mistake and i did appologize for it when i typed the wrong country # and hit 23 instead of 33 for manny attacks at first. Sorry to that guy. I also offered to fa him till set is over. The only country i am after is #33.

So, it will be easy for you all to know who i am- Islam is for Peace. Well, thats me. Im not hiding and im not a suicider. Im simply a guy who was pushed too far manny sets by what i consider a jerk.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 17:57:06

Popcom- i think you know what i mean from the way jiff69 hammered you last set. NOW3P- i know you dont like me but i think you would at least understand my thinking and respect what im saying- am i right?
I shall fear no retals,

Popcom Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 18:21:53

huh?
he didn't hammer me last set...
just ran his mouth non stop about how he was going to..but he never did
he couldn't even get enough military to try and hit me....and i was a land farm, who got mad at him and bought a mill tanks and made him a parking lot. then i had enough $ to buy so many troops/turrets that he couldn't break me with anything but missiles..which he didn't have cause he was unable to play turns...cause i made him a parking lot lol

i was referring to you being one cause u made a post saying that u were gonna suicide a random person. but w/e
if u wanna hunt suiciders together im down, just PM me the # of the guy u killing and why.
I'v already killed one suicider this set who AB someone for doing a single LG.

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 18:27:21

deerhunter - if you think you're not a suicider, you're just fooling yourself. I've seen you hit numerous countries that did absolutely nothing to you, and then try to claim that they provoked you and brag about it here on ExT.

So yes, you're right, I don't like you. You are also correct that I understand your thinking.....it's just that I think that thinking makes you a douche bag is all.

If you wanna go hunting suiciders, more power to ya. Doesn't mean you're any less of a douche though.

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 18:53:18

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Popcom- i think you know what i mean from the way jiff69 hammered you last set. NOW3P- i know you dont like me but i think you would at least understand my thinking and respect what im saying- am i right?

I do believe this was you last set DH and your claiming to be me ingame, so that being said I think your a douche and need to get a life, popcom dont listen to anything Deerhunter says hes just a tool
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."
-Tom Achronos

Popcom Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 18:55:20

what do you care so much for jiff...stfu already. got off my fluff
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

jiff69 Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 19:00:17

Originally posted by Popcom:

" Why do you care so much jiff.... stfu already. Get off my fluff"

dude your an idiot you can barely put a proper sentence together. No wonder you suck at this game.
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."
-Tom Achronos

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 19:05:51

Originally posted by jiff69:
Originally posted by Popcom:

" Why do you care so much jiff.... stfu already. Get off my fluff"

dude your an idiot you can barely put a proper sentence together. No wonder you suck at this game.

Pot, meet Kettle.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Popcom Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 19:44:58

Not sure how you think I suck so much, but ok, you keep talking out your ass. give me your # and we will see who sucks at this.....
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 27th 2010, 20:13:38

I think we can all agree that we no one likes jiff69. He has no friends. Popcom, i have noting against you. You seem like a good enough fellow and i hope our countries never meet ingame. NOW3P, you can think what you like. I don't care.
I shall fear no retals,

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 7:10:50

If you don't care what I think, why would you bother to ask?

Edited By: NOW3P on Aug 28th 2010, 8:53:03
See Original Post

WarTime

Sep 14th 2010, 22:48:13

I always do allX till some ass decides to ruin my day by farming my country. When that happens they will see harmful spy ops and missiles (if I can't farm them back). Quite often I'll let one or 2 grabs go depending on what they got but when they hit me 4x+ the next step for them is dead. So a word to the wise, if you like farming, I love killing.

dantzig Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 1:29:37

Are you one of those guys who sits around with almost zero D and then gets pissed when someone farms you because of it or do you actually have decent defense that takes a little effort to break? I say that the zero D guys are fair game to farm. Of course it's at your own risk if they have a ton of missiles and/or spies.
FoG

ponderer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 1:41:08

Originally posted by dantzig:
Are you one of those guys who sits around with almost zero D and then gets pissed when someone farms you because of it or do you actually have decent defense that takes a little effort to break? I say that the zero D guys are fair game to farm. Of course it's at your own risk if they have a ton of missiles and/or spies.

I think if you hit anyone 4x, you shouldn't be surprised when something follows your troops home
m0m0rific

Spear Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 2:45:32

If you're land fat with little defense, you deserve to be farmed into the ground. Don't cry when it happens and act like you've been wronged.

Pain Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 3:31:19

the same can be said about the retard who gets his set ruined because he wanted to farm someone cause they "can".

it works both ways.
Your mother is a nice woman

Spear Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 4:37:06

Maybe, but considering that this is a war game (or at least it used to be), I tend to side with the aggressor. I don't see near as many people crying about being retaled for excessive farming than I do people crying about being triple tapped because they were fat and had no defense. How many posts do you see essentially saying"Triple tap me and I'll ruin your set because that's not fair." Actually, if you can't defend your land, it is fair. Just like you retalling them for those attack is fair. There's just way too much whining that goes on. Everyone feels entitled to some sort of "invisible" GDI that prevents more than a single tap.

I farmed like there's no tomorrow last set and made it to 25.5k acres before it came back to bite me. I wasn't bitter in the least. It's the risk I took by being that aggressive. If you're fat with little defense, you're taking a similar risk. Just play the game and quit threatening everyone with a parking lot if they attack you.

WarTime

Sep 15th 2010, 18:14:15

Originally posted by Spear:
If you're land fat with little defense, you deserve to be farmed into the ground. Don't cry when it happens and act like you've been wronged.

My country is usually landthin. When most others in my networth range have 5k+ land I just barely have more than 2k land because I spend a lot of turns teching. A lot of my networth will be in spies, tech and missiles. So if you want to farm me spear go for it.

Spear Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 18:26:53

Why would I farm you if you're land thin? Did you not read my post?

WarTime

Sep 15th 2010, 20:01:41

Why would I farm you if you're land thin? Did you not read my post?

Perhaps I took this comment wrong?

Everyone feels entitled to some sort of "invisible" GDI that prevents more than a single tap. I farmed like there's no tomorrow last set and made it to 25.5k acres.

Or maybe I'm just being idealistic instead of realistic? I feel that doing more than a single tap = you being lazy. But, if you think about it, try putting yourself in an opponents position. I usually take more than a single tap on my country as being personal. If you make it personal I make your country dead.

Newworld Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 22:40:42

Uses all bunches of nublets
pew pew pew

Bauer24

Sep 15th 2010, 22:48:30

personal is nice
Defense will be our goal for this first round

Pain Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 8:01:47

Maybe, but considering that this is a war game (or at least it used to be), I tend to side with the aggressor. I don't see near as many people crying about being retaled for excessive farming than I do people crying about being triple tapped because they were fat and had no defense. How many posts do you see essentially saying"Triple tap me and I'll ruin your set because that's not fair." Actually, if you can't defend your land, it is fair. Just like you retalling them for those attack is fair. There's just way too much whining that goes on. Everyone feels entitled to some sort of "invisible" GDI that prevents more than a single tap.

I farmed like there's no tomorrow last set and made it to 25.5k acres before it came back to bite me. I wasn't bitter in the least. It's the risk I took by being that aggressive. If you're fat with little defense, you're taking a similar risk. Just play the game and quit threatening everyone with a parking lot if they attack you.

who are you to tell me how i should retal a triple tap? maybe my retal policy is 3:100 AB's. stop crying when you become a parking lot or dead cause you made one.

anyways, i dont waste my time with AB's. if you piss me off to the point where i dont want you to finish that set, i make you dead.
Your mother is a nice woman

Spear Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 13:22:24

Ok, we're having major trouble with reading comprehension here. I explicitly said that is doesn't bother me in the least to be retalled for farming. I consider it fair, just like I consider my farming fair. I believe my exact words were "Just like you retalling them for those attack is fair"

It's hard to have an intelligent conversation when people don't actually read what you write before responding.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 13:32:48

But it makes conversations so much more fun.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

lincoln

Sep 16th 2010, 13:34:20

welcome to the express forum, spear
he is one of many with reading disabilities

FoG

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 13:37:49

Now the question turns to whether someone should better tolerate someone else with reading disabilities, or someone else with multiple personality disorder...

Spear Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 14:36:18

Ok, who let gregg out of his cell again?

ponderer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 14:43:46

I'm not seeing much posting of "Triple tap me and I'll ruin your set because that's not fair." What I'm seeing is "I'm going to ruin your reset if you triple tap me." No whining, no posturing, just a promise. And hell, that promise, or that country name is part of a strategy. I'm looking to carry as much land and as little defense as I can get away with. If I can make you think twice about taking what is mine because of something I posted here, or my country name, then I win. If I need to sacrifice a reset here or there to establish that edge, so be it.

A past ally of mine with a certain country name theme has been discussed in another thread on this forum. He has used that name for the past several resets, and has followed through with the promise he makes in that name. And guess what - people are starting to not grab him. He's able to play fatter, he's able to keep less defense on hand. It's working - if he ever decides to netgain (and we're talking about someone who has been playing this game forever and knows how to netgain), he'll have a good shot at winning.

You say that this is a war game. You say that you agree with the aggressor. Well, why can't I become the aggressor if you launch a military strike at my country? And like a brightly colored amphibian or rattle snake, why can't I warn you that I have a temper before you hit me?

You say that if I don't have the defense to stop you from taking my land, then it's fair for you to take it. I have no argument there.

However, if you manage to piss me off in game, and you don't have the defense to stop my spies, troops, tanks, or missiles, then it is only fair when I inflict as much damage as I can upon your country until my anger is extinguished. If that means I turn your country into a parking lot, so be it.

Would it make you happier if I said, "Don't piss me off, or I will turn your country into a parking lot?"
m0m0rific

Spear Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 15:14:33

One last time, and then I'm done.

IT'S ALL FAIR.

If I farm you, it's fair. If you nuke me 100 times in retaliation, it's fair. If you steal my tech because I'm a techer with no spies, it's fair. If you lie about being a techer and then leech off me the whole set and I missile you for it, it's fair. In my mind, whatever you consider worth your turns and resources is fair. If the admins want to institute rules that reduce random suiciding, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with this strange, unwritten code of ethics that seems to exist, where everyone feels like they should be treated with the utmost respect in a war game. I play to win. I don't play to make everyone feel good about themselves. I have great allies that I ally with every set because they respect the way I play and know that I'll do everything I can to benefit myself and them as well, because that in turn benefits me.

I guess what I'm arguing against is the surplus of players that constantly proclaim they'll kill anyone who attacks them like that's some sort of novel concept and that people that farm are ungodly evil. Who cares? Just play the game. I'll farm you if I want to and consider it worth my time. Retal if you want to and consider it worth your time. It's all fair game.

ponderer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 15:35:45

One last time, and then I'm done.

IT'S ALL FAIR.

If I farm you, it's fair. If you nuke me 100 times in retaliation, it's fair. If you steal my tech because I'm a techer with no spies, it's fair. If you lie about being a techer and then leech off me the whole set and I missile you for it, it's fair. In my mind, whatever you consider worth your turns and resources is fair. If the admins want to institute rules that reduce random suiciding, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with this strange, unwritten code of ethics that seems to exist, where everyone feels like they should be treated with the utmost respect in a war game. I play to win. I don't play to make everyone feel good about themselves. I have great allies that I ally with every set because they respect the way I play and know that I'll do everything I can to benefit myself and them as well, because that in turn benefits me.

I guess what I'm arguing against is the surplus of players that constantly proclaim they'll kill anyone who attacks them like that's some sort of novel concept and that people that farm are ungodly evil. Who cares? Just play the game. I'll farm you if I want to and consider it worth my time. Retal if you want to and consider it worth your time. It's all fair game.

Pehaps I wasn't clear enough in most post. I take issue with your opinion that any post about how a triple or more tap will be dealt with anything other than standard or planned strikes is whining. I see that you have no problem with the ingame actiont, but you seem to have a hard on when someone attempts to use deterrence before a landgrab.

Next time, read before you respond. k, thx.
m0m0rific

Rob Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 10:43:13

I have the same view that you are allowed to landgrab someone as many times as you can, and that any form of retal is fair game if you cant defend yourself against it (be it an AB, GS, Missiles, BR, etc). It just means that your country was not built well enough.

There is however one form of suiciding thats impossible to defend againt (something I had fallednvictim to more than once) - the AB, GS & BR that dont break but done repeatedly making you lose a lot of units consequently network. Even if you have 1mil tanks, the suicider can keep hammering you with 200k tanks non stop, then move on to Troops & then Jets. There must be some way to stop this from happening as its impossible to defend against. You can lose millions & millions of networth if done over a few days.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 17:55:19

Originally posted by Rob:
I have the same view that you are allowed to landgrab someone as many times as you can, and that any form of retal is fair game if you cant defend yourself against it (be it an AB, GS, Missiles, BR, etc). It just means that your country was not built well enough.

I for the most part agree with the theory that whatever retals you get around here are fair game (that's not to say I agree with the practice, just that that is the case). But THAT particular defense of it is just stupid....

You show me a country, and I'll find you a way to break it - believe me, how well built you are has nothing to do with how easy you are to break. It's just impossible to equally protect from everything and not be vulnerable.

WarTime

Sep 17th 2010, 18:13:19

You're the type I use harmful spy ops, missiles and whatever else I can hit with.

There is however one form of suiciding thats impossible to defend againt (something I had fallednvictim to more than once) - the AB, GS & BR that dont break but done repeatedly making you lose a lot of units consequently network. Even if you have 1mil tanks, the suicider can keep hammering you with 200k tanks non stop, then move on to Troops & then Jets. There must be some way to stop this from happening as its impossible to defend against. You can lose millions & millions of networth if done over a few days.

There is a simple "fix" you can use, DON'T farm!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2010, 18:31:27

Originally posted by WarTime:
There is a simple "fix" you can use, DON'T farm!

Nope, doesn't work.

WarTime

Sep 18th 2010, 22:37:04

Yeah, I hear you, you'll always have that guy that suicides because he can't grab the really fat countries.