Verified:

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:07:23

Originally posted by XXXXXXXX:

it is time for those of us who play this server as an individual war game to invent a more accurate objective measure of the quality of a country's strategy and the execution of its strategy.

This measure should be called the WoR, Warrior of the Reset

Surely. others have tried and failed to invent such a measure but their failure should not deter us from the effort.

First we should endeavor to determine what factors must be considered in measuring the quality of a country's play.
I would suggest we assess the quality and quantity of the nation's land grabs including factors such as money food and research obtained in the strike. We should assess whether the hit was taken on a country that was likely to retal. Ideally we would measure the nation's use of spies but given the administrators' recent statements that spies are unfair and bad for he game perhaps we should not measure their utility. Since I believe that spies are a fun and important part of the game I would include their use. I strongly disagree with the idea that spies are unfair.

Given that this is the express server, a country should be penalized for hitting an LaE country where retal by three or four countries is virtually certain. Since we know that HOBO and his Netters Defense League will missile anyone who launches any ss or ps, there should be a penalty for being missiled.

So for this reset, which is about to start, I will award the WoR prize, (Warrior of the Reset) on the following basis:

NW x the country multiplier x number of successful ss x 1.5 number of successful ps x the military grade divided by 2x the number of failed lgs or if no failures 1 x the number of lost lgs x .3 of the number of lost Missile attacks x .20 the number of gs, ab, and br

country multipliers
H M 1
R D C 1.2
I 1.8

military grade considers acreage taken, date of attack and relevance of buildings captured

for example an ss on day one for thirty acres will not receive the same grade as an ss on sunday for 1200 acres.
an F who hits an F will get a higher grade than an F who hits an R whose captured buildings are not as useful
I am not yet certain how this will work so i would appreciae any reasonable comments.

the factors considered for this award should evolve with each reset and as we get more input

comments are welcome but pls keep them reasonable
if all u can do is call me names please post elsewhere

Originally posted by XXXXXXX:
i echo Xelah's general premise that the restrictions on spy use are too harsh

and i would like to follow up on his question about what is essentially spy DR

there are tools to track a country's DR from military actions

is there a tool to track a country's spy DR?
is there a formula for calculating success?

and would you consider raising the number of spy turns from fifty to 100?

no other action is so limited
i can ab somebody as long as i have turns etc
but spies are restricted
i agree with Xelah that the restrictions are currently too tight and should be loosened

you know that i love it that you have taken so much time and effort with this server

those few of us who only play this server, appreciate it

i think it incumbent on us to examine the effects of the oct10 and june10 rule changes and to disregard any analysis that is based on other servers particularly ffa which from what i gather is essentially people attacking themselves for weeks and then attacking each other for a few days

clan servers are a totally different game and success on them for a gov type is meaningless here

one idea is to hide the F on the scores
why would this work?
because there are people who for whatever nonstrategic reasons hit Fs regardless of their DR

i hate this idea i am about to propse but here it is
unfortunately my ideas that i hate seem to be the more popular
have the advisor warn people when they are about to attack a country which is deep in DR
this will protect the Lazy, the incompetent And thE noob
but it may also protect Fs from incessant pounding

food prices are low even without Fs because of the tpt rule change so the mrket does not need Fs
so any additional food will probably just be sold on the private market
put F's PM bushel price at $38 to start or raise their % bonus so that it takes longer for the advantage to be eclipsed

one of the complaints about Fs has always been that there is nothing to do with your turns
this is especially true on a server where the spies have been castrated
cant cash, cant tech, cant spy
it makes for a dull set
increase the number of spy ops or give Fs something to do with their turns

now that LaE's precedent, thunder, he of all noise and no substance
and HWCNG, the grand anti-semite and LaEx's HOW have been caught in yet another campaign of lies calculated to mislead new players
how should the community respond?

HWCNG,chumpacabra and thunder have all said that they do not care about this server at all and they prove it every month with one of their campaigns of lies

when a group of players engages in repeated calculated attempts to suppress the number of players who join our server, we should try to stop them
when a group of players routinely denigrates our server, we must make every effort
when a group of players customarily lies, we must protect our server

notice that no one from LaE has stepped up to condemn this latest slew of lies

they dare not because if they criticize HWCNG or thunder they will be booted out of LaE and clan killed on ffa

do i believe everyone left in LaE is a lying cheat? no
do i believe that they all realize that if they publicly speak out they will be booted out of LaE? yes

this is a tricky question and i confess that i do not know the solution
doing nothing and allowing them to launch another campaign of lies next month is obviously not the answer
banning them from the forums for a week is too slight by far

in order to increase our player base we need to convince the players like mad morticia and others who quit because of LaEx that we have finally achieved a cleansing of the server

we are battling an institutional contagion here and broad measures are required

as always reasonable replies are welcome

2 of those posts are gregg, 2 of those posts are lincoln

solely on grammar, diction, banter, apparent extreme hate for punctuation, strong use of propaganda and the likes, can you tell them apart? ignore that their IPs match and what not.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:15:18

I Do Not See Gregg, Sam I Am!
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Kingme Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:59:54

I thought this was old news :S

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 21:03:02

It is more for gregg/lincoln's benefit than the server's population. He still thinks that he is fooling everyone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Feb 21st 2011, 21:14:30

Originally posted by mrford:
It is more for gregg/lincoln's benefit than the server's population. He still thinks that he is fooling everyone.

you should just refer him to a psychiatrist. i'm not totally qualified to rate his mental health, but i did pass Psychology 101, and i'm fairly certain that i'm not qualified to help the poor delusional bugger.

Pain Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 22:16:42

the first 2 are gregg, the second 2 lincoln.

the obvious reasons are the referal to oct10 changes since gregg was not posting under the gregg handle in or after october.

the second giveaway is the use of chumpacabra and HWCNG as gregg made those nick names up after the retiring of the gregg handle.

but your point is still valid, to those of use not familiar with the holy one, you would not be able to tell them apart.

Your mother is a nice woman

Feb 21st 2011, 22:33:52

might actually be fitting that i read "Stranger In A Strange Land" again, simply based on what lincoln has posted.

you see, cause he was like born on Mars, or is it because they eat their dead...

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 22:36:16

Originally posted by Pain:
the first 2 are gregg, the second 2 lincoln.

the obvious reasons are the referal to oct10 changes since gregg was not posting under the gregg handle in or after october.

the second giveaway is the use of chumpacabra and HWCNG as gregg made those nick names up after the retiring of the gregg handle.

but your point is still valid, to those of use not familiar with the holy one, you would not be able to tell them apart.

your points are valid, however your guess is wrong. it is not 2 and 2. Thankyou for further proving my point!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pain Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 22:54:37

no im quite certain i am correct :)

Feb 21st 2011, 23:06:44

no, you're quite certain that you are correct. :-)

mrford Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 23:06:56

You can think whatever the hell you want to.

I gathered the posts, and put them here. I think I would know the order.

GGLL is wrong
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pain Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:20:07

right.

#1 - gregg

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p?threadid=1101&p=May 11, 13:01&z=replacing-nw-as-means-of-picking-winner

#2 - gregg

http://forums.earthempires.com/...hp?threadid=611&p=Apr 24, 20:24&z=spied-out-rate

#3 - lincoln

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p?threadid=5939&p=Dec 22, 3:39&z=whither-the-fascists

#4 - lincoln

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p?threadid=5397&p=Nov 23, 16:15&z=how-should-dmins-punish-laex-for-latest

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:31:55

You win the prize
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pain Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:34:45

i want my 5 minutes back

mrford Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 3:41:24

I'll consider that a victory on my part
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 17:07:21

ok great this should finally put to rest the lies about us being the same person

look at gregg's posts

the difference to anyone with a working vocabulary is obvious immediately

one was clearly written by a midwestern boomer who fully capitalizes and uses all the appropriate grammatical marks as though he is unused to chat rooms
he writes as though it is for thoughtful readers in a professional setting
he brings his work life to the chat room format

the other is posted by a much younger californian who has spent years in chat rooms and as a result mimics that writing style

since fordy has never experienced anyone with a polysyllabic vocabulary based on a study of romance languages, he would be unable to distinguish gregg from any well educated professional

his inabilities are legendary, hopefully not everyone shares them

other than the fact we both tend to longer posts than the "giggity giggity goo" that fordy is barely capable of, and the fact that both our vocabularies are far greater than fordy's, there is little similarity

do not surmise that anyone smarter than fordy must be gregg

as far as the oft repeated lie about the lps, when a guy admits he lies on his posts why would you believe anything he says, ever
FoG

Kingme Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 17:31:10

So what did we all learn from the previous post?

lincoln = gregg

or

gregg = lincoln

The End.

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 17:34:21

lol

kingme, you do not actually believe that

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 22nd 2011, 18:00:35
See Original Post
FoG

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 17:47:07

nor does fordy

pain could tell the difference immediately
i am sure dantzig, enshula and several others with educations could as well

Edited By: lincoln on Feb 22nd 2011, 18:28:17
See Original Post
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 22nd 2011, 20:07:44

if i was allowed to post info that comfirms lincoln is gregg, then i would but its against the rules
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Kingme Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 20:13:39

Originally posted by lincoln:
lol

kingme, you do not actually believe that

I just might :P

BTW, let's not hit me 5x out of protection this set.

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 20:54:41

lol

how do i know its you?
my namelyzer does not recognize you despite the number of times you have played

FoG

Kingme Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 21:40:59

Guess you're going to be taking a chance if you hit anyone more than once -_-

You know my early play style... i'm sure you'll figure it out.

lincoln

Feb 22nd 2011, 22:02:58

there are nine players who routinely buy no defense until after they have made their initial jump

if i find any of those this set and the namelyzer says there is a 17% or greater chance it is you, i will lay off.

i can not promise any more than that.
FoG