Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 15th 2011, 20:08:14

I haven't played Express for a while because I've been busy with other things. Please don't post nonsense.

joedro Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 21:38:15

stop people from retaling retals
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

lincoln

Apr 15th 2011, 22:33:23

-increase yield of bomb banks
this is consistent with your idea of using experience to tweak the acquisitive spy ops you introduced
take it from 0.4%-0.7%
this will increase market volume and equalize risks with similarly situated tech, food and oil stockers

-put a cap on the number of spy ops one country can use against another in any 24 hour period
decrease the power of spy DR
together these steps will stop the prevalence of 0 spy countries
without encouraging the practice of mass spy ops on top 10s

-restore # of spy ops per day back to the original 150

-allow Ds to put goods on the market instantly, allow Ds to log in repeatedly during the day without losing turn bonus
this will allow speculators to stir the market
Ds are supposed to churn the market, remove impediments to their function

-change time for turn bonus from 24 hours to six hours
this will increase turns and equal approximately the # of log ins on every other server

-find a legitimate use for medical tech on this solo server
no one buys this tech and it is anachronistic
you know the stats
a newly useful tech will aid techers' sales and whichever strat benefits
decide which strat you think is currently weakest and give it a tech

thx for your efforts slagpit
FoG

Fatty Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 22:41:45

FIX GDI IT SUCKS.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 22:45:20

Fatty,

Glad to see you don't comprehend, "Please don't post nonsense."

Thanks,
Kingme

joedro Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 22:46:32

GDI sucks for suiciders only
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Pain Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 4:25:11

Originally posted by joedro:
GDI sucks for suiciders only

obviously.

Originally posted by Fatty:
FIX GDI IT SUCKS.

Your mother is a nice woman

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2011, 4:27:35

Right on Lincoln, you really are pretty funny

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2011, 4:29:17

Medical tech is anachronistic. it needs improvement

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 4:32:29

I need a place to keep my Spy ops!!!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2011, 4:44:39

I use Microsoft OneNote. You can get Microsoft Office from The Pirates bay.

bore Game profile

Patron

Apr 16th 2011, 12:01:52

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
I need a place to keep my Spy ops!!!

i've told slagpit if he turns on spyop/avisor upload for the soloservers again i'll make spyop/advisor storage on eestats.

xsEvEsx Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 15:31:20

Agreed with the medical tech, all around the board it needs to be lowered. Into the 50% for dem. 60-70% everyone else. Make it worth the while.

At 83% I'd still be willing to just not invest in the tech.

However at a 50-60% range would do wonders. I think this would be a great testing grounds for increasing the % due to shortness of the sets.

GDI needs to be improved and having been suicided on 2x already this set and seeing my top10 finish gone especially for those that aren't 'farmers' during LG's . I can tell you that via the number of spy ops and people that usually finish in the t10 there are people out there whom specifically build their countries to ruin a 4 day set.

Granted that's the nature of the beast, but lets help tame it.
"Mehul crapped in my hands!"

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 15:32:01

slagpit
one of the things that has happened in your absence is that people have figured out how to exploit spy DR

they can become invulnerable to being spied on without having to invest in spies

this also means that they can carry minimal defense because the LGers can not get through even with SPALs infinitely higher

there are two of these countries in the top ten right now
it is very easy to do and very bad for the game

i considered doing it myself with dantzig but we decided it was against the spirit

one way to fix it is to cap country to country spy ops but greatly decrease spy DR
thx for your attention
EvE thx for a thoughtful post

Edited By: lincoln on Apr 16th 2011, 15:34:46
See Original Post
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 16th 2011, 16:29:20

as far as i know they discussed the SPY DR thing on info ops

i thought they applied that change where Spy DR didnt affect info ops , but i could be wrong
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 16:40:39

making a change to info ops would not help though because it is so easily finessed

i could run twenty raid oil on my ally who has no oil and now he is in spy DR needs no spies and no defense and is in the top ten having lost absolutely nothing

i would not have posted the how to on this without being convinced that at least three players were already doing it

this being the NA reunion set, we can be pretty sure who it is
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 16:47:20

i dont see that as a problem. It stops idiots like you from doing harmful ops on netters.

The same thing can be done with land grabs.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 16:51:02

fordy saw no problem with four guys sharing multiple countries and running clan kill runs to protect LaEx whom he called NAexpress

the admins have explicitly said that deliberately putting someone into DR is illegal; it is no surprise that fordy advocates it

FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 16th 2011, 16:52:35

funny that u edited out the part u mentioned about INfo ops lincoln after i made my post
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 16:53:37

warster

i have never used the phrase info ops in my life
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:10:23

Originally posted by lincoln:
fordy saw no problem with four guys sharing multiple countries and running clan kill runs to protect LaEx whom he called NAexpress

the admins have explicitly said that deliberately putting someone into DR is illegal; it is no surprise that fordy advocates it

not seeing a problem with it =/= advocating it you fluffing retard.

people might take you a little more seriously if you would stop with your twisting of statements to whatever you want them to be. That and the worthless acronyms that you seem to be in love with
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:11:18

making a change to info ops would not help though because it is so easily finessed

i could run twenty raid oil on my ally who has no oil and now he is in spy DR needs no spies and no defense and is in the top ten having lost absolutely nothing

i would not have posted the how to on this without being convinced that at least three players were already doing it

this being the NA reunion set, we can be pretty sure who it is

warster

i have never used the phrase info ops in my life

liar
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 17:15:21

The same thing can be done with land grabs. [/quote]

oops fordy
FoG

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 17:19:21

this is so typical

fordy and his apologists try to turn a suggestions thread into a juvenile insult thread
i will not participate any further

i will only comment on the suggestions themselves and leave the childish stuff to fordy et al.
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:19:46

oops what? you are just scrambling now you dirty liar.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 17:40:17

ignores fordy whose lying is legendary

warster, are you alleging that i typed the phrase "info ops" and then edited it? tThat is so ridiculous and so easily disproven that it can not be your allegation. The original thread is visible to all so what is your exact allegation?
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:41:14

LIAR!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

synoder Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:45:21

There is no DR on "info" ops. So having someone do damaging ops on you will not make it harder for someone to spy you and find out that you are running 0 defense.

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 17:47:52

logic does not work on gregg. you have to troll him like he does others.

sure he uses bigger words and uses them incorrectly, but its trolling none the less!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 17:59:25

synoder, it is a given that "info ops" do not cause spy DR.
Your corollary that "info ops" are unaffected by spy DR does not fit my experience at all.
I have found that countries in spy DR routinely bounce "info ops" by higher SPAL countries. If an admin comes on and says that "info ops" are not impacted by how deeply their country is into spy DR, i will be stunned. However if that happens and it is subsequently proven by my own experiments, i will admit i was wrong just as i have on several occasions when it turne out i was wrong.
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 18:05:52

you are always wrong
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2011, 18:07:37

Normal spy ops are not affected by spy DR.

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 18:08:05

as i said
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 18:11:59

ok that is the recent change that warster mentioned
FoG

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 18:12:22

i was wrong not to know the recent change
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 18:13:06

incorrect again

scramble gregg scramble!

the recent spy changes were to make spy DR reset on a 24 hour counter instead at 0:00 game time.

also, they allowed you to batch regular spy ops and the batch will automatically stop when you succeed.

you are a tard
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Apr 16th 2011, 18:14:03

Originally posted by Warster:
as far as i know they discussed the SPY DR thing on info ops

i thought they applied that change where Spy DR didnt affect info ops , but i could be wrong

thx for the help warster
FoG

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 18:15:24

he was wrong

see my edit
Swagger of a Chupacabra

xsEvEsx Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 21:35:40

This thread has become babble. If you're serious about changes get with it, not about who was lying or right or wrong.
"Mehul crapped in my hands!"

pslayer Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 4:01:00

How does Roy Munson pay his rent?

Jiman Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 5:26:08

Originally posted by xsEvEsx:
This thread has become babble. If you're serious about changes get with it, not about who was lying or right or wrong.

Indeed. Or attempt to have unbaised testers if you can not trust community feed back.

I find that the game in express is divided vs netgaining and military with how GDI works. It could be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your prospected. Maybe its a good thing that there is a wall of game play seperating GDI folks and people who wish not to use GDI. Maybe its a bad thing.

This is the major issue at the moment.

Another issue would be how strong commies are at the moment. They are pretty much amazing. Almost all other types have major issues and flaw considering the way express works. There isnt any issues comming from a commie who can gain instant military. For a country though who must buy up for it and gets punished if they are not at there computer all the time making sure they sell and buy, it ruins other strats.

my 2 cents.

Apr 17th 2011, 5:54:33

its a penny for your thoughts, but you got to put your 2 cents in?

somebody is making a penny!
but what do i know?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2011, 10:12:36

Nice one Mr. Ford. Ha Ha Lincoln

Drinks Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 13:15:12

Jiman. Thats why they have standing orders. So you can catch the cheap military.

Furthermore commies get stuck not being able to play turns if there are no bushels on the market. Or if their military doesnt sell. So they can gain instant military. But cant get instant cash. While under most situations a casher can get instant cash and can get instant military from buying from the public market. And if there is nothing on public you can still buy from private.
So i say they are pretty even on that aspect.

But yes i do agree commie indi is too strong. But not cause of their 'instant militart'. They are too strong cause even when they sell jets/turrets for $125 for half of the set. They still finish top 10 easy.
Mainly because a commie is significantly faster growing in early and mid game. So with the current amount of turns in a set cashers/farmers are only just starting to get going and the set ends. Can also add the Landgrabbing benefits of being big early on.

<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Fatty Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 20:13:36

I can vouch for Mr. Ford.

He is a stand up man.

His ethics are not to be questioned.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 6:54:27

More cowbell!

Apr 22nd 2011, 16:58:02

After people kill me some of them leave me messages, it would be nice to be able to read those, and to leave a Retal, EERRRR,
I meant response!
but what do i know?