Oct 30th 2010, 8:03:49

Message from Furious Anger (#81) sent on 10/30/2010 08:00:01
Report this message
You bet I do

Delete
Message from Furious Anger (#81) sent on 10/30/2010 08:02:32
Report this message
It's not with you directly.

You're just handy to pass on the message.

The new GDI rules preventing me from hitting the bastard that hit me are insane.

He gets a free hit and my only option is to play his style of game? Forget that, let him go back to the alliance server for that. They're killing this server. The hell with this game. Let them ride it into the ground for their tree hugging friends to play with themselves

Thomas Game profile

Oct 30th 2010, 8:06:59

Best part ... I was hit 15 times and didn't retal once. Still one of the fattest countries.

He was hit 1 time and threw a fluff fit.

lol

Spear Game profile

Oct 30th 2010, 15:11:50

It upsets people severely that the new rules actually make this server fair. Now you actually have to be good at the game and not just able to buy warfare tech.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 30th 2010, 16:02:12

Suiciders whine more than anyone.

joedro Game profile

Oct 30th 2010, 18:21:45

i think its a good change. even tho im one of the ones who suicide. but i'm no douche. you got to deserve it. and my standards for deserving it are higher then the gdi protections. so fluff this this guy. hes one of then ones destroying this game. i will make sure and find him and bomb him into the stone age... well that depends on my current war.
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

joedro Game profile

Oct 30th 2010, 18:44:25

he's dead anyway

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 30th 2010, 20:11:29

Just as a clarification, if someone five tapped me in primary or whatever I would likely go to war. The justification is simple: if you don't take action, the farming will continue. It's in your country's best interest to go to war. I wouldn't call that suiciding.

Express is different from other servers because it takes a minimal effort to run a suicider and it's difficult for attackers to evaluate risk. In primary, if I see someone with a million tanks on day 20 I'm not going to grab that country, even once. It's not worth the risk.

In express, players could run up to 450 turns at once. So perhaps that country you single tapped had 0 tanks, missiles, and warfare tech when you grabbed it. What if it spends the next 100 turns cashing and buying warfare up to 4%? Then you might have to eat 16 missiles. What if it spends the next 200 turns getting tanks? Then you might get ABed 100 times.

I have zero sympathy for players like #81. Getting grabbed once isn't worth ruining someone else's round. If you want to prove how tough you are, fight in prearranged fights or in an actual warring clan on a clan server.

Spear Game profile

Oct 30th 2010, 20:12:42

Well said.

joedro Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 0:58:28

Agreed! Heck I tried netting with a commie did the hit no country more then once rule before the GDI thing. Once change I would like to ad to this, that you can nuke up to L:L Rather the just having to bend over. The country still can keep ghost acres. So they did gain something unless they bottom fed like no other.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 31st 2010, 3:00:02

They aren't breaking any game rules.

Pain Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 4:06:54

you could never make suiciding against the rules. and youll never stop it especially in a server like express. however forcing people to use the same country name every set would deter it heavily as im sure there more then a few people that will dedicate thier express play to killing these people every set before they can hurt other players, myself included.
Your mother is a nice woman

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 4:52:14

I agree %100 with pain - take away the element of surprise out of it, and I think the dynamic here would change significantly.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 5:19:31

Well, the (completely legitimate) argument against it is that it limits interactions after a while, and could get a few folks suicided on MORE once their country name became known to the general public (e.g. gregg).

Despite this, I still agree with the idea %100.

Pain Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 5:27:15

i would not suicide/kill gregg as long as he is playing nice. i havent run a country in 2 sets because i havent heard of gregg being a bad boy.

and yes the arguement against is legitimate, it would allow people to be able to hold grudges set after set because they would be able to find the same person, however it would probably cause people to play a little more nice with each other because they know they cant just make a new name each set. double edged sword possibly but i think the change would be more good than bad.

lincoln

Oct 31st 2010, 6:22:34

JJ

it is not that uncommon for someone to hit one country and then get killed by one, two or three others who had no apparent connection to the original hit. the connection can be found on the LaE IRC.

occasionally they will tell you ok you got killed because you hit ksf twice which makes you a suicider, or you got killed because you took tech from fordy. anyone who hits them twice or steals tech is a suicder and the clan kill comes in. thus has it always been, thus shall it ever be, that is why the ALCSA was invented.
FoG

Pain Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 8:33:37

ALCSA is some dumb conspiracy fluff that lincoln made up. he pretends he invented the changes that recently occured and pretends they were put in place to thwart some imaginary clan activity that he made up in his head.

basically hes a retard who spews bullfluff to get attention. just ignore him, youll be far less confused about whats REALLY happening if you do.

dantzig Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 13:28:01

Add 17 to the douchebag list.
FoG

WarTime

Oct 31st 2010, 14:47:18

I usually do all X till someone uses me for a farm. That's when I start killing. I've been triple tapped by a top 10 country and I will be making that country pay it's dues.

dantzig Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 17:46:13

And add 65 too.
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 17:53:24

17 is dead.

It appears that a top 10 all-x commie got leveled by 4 different countries working in concert. Don't tell me that isn't clan-coordinating cheating and/or someone running multies.

Forgetting to join GDI this round was a huge mistake for too many players.
FoG

Pain Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 18:22:00

let me go check the LaEx IRC and forums. lol

but seriously that guy got shafted pretty hard there for no reason.

i would say multies too but 2 of them were hitting simultaneously but inconsistently with each other so it has to be a few diff people.

a top 10 commie should have had alot of tanks though. anyone spy any of those countries to see who theyre allied with? the country was obviously slagpits im guessing he already checked for multies.

Edited By: Pain on Oct 31st 2010, 18:24:56
See Original Post

dantzig Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 19:29:40

Not saying that it's LaE but it smells very suspicious.
FoG

Pain Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 19:50:19

i know its not LaE, i was kidding. LaE doesnt actually have any organization on express, its just fun to get greggs hopes up.

it COULD be allies that just messaged each other to AB that country, however, the motive is whats suspicious about it. had he been farming people all set i wouldnt even give it any consideration.

joedro Game profile

Oct 31st 2010, 20:26:57

checkpoint

WarTime

Nov 1st 2010, 0:19:35

Originally posted by dantzig:
17 is dead.
It appears that a top 10 all-x commie got leveled by 4 different countries working in concert. Don't tell me that isn't clan-coordinating cheating and/or someone running multies.

When you say top 10 all X commie got killed I hope you're not referring to #17 because he farmed a lot of people including a tripletap on my country. I noticed that others had been hitting him the past few days and I waited till today to hit. I was saving up turns just for him. Before you even think of asking I had NO pacts with any other country. I did however, message others he had farmed with the spy op on #17 after seeing that I wouldn't have enough turns to "lem" him down and kill him.

dantzig Game profile

Nov 1st 2010, 19:48:10

Originally posted by WarTime:
When you say top 10 all X commie got killed I hope you're not referring to #17 because he farmed a lot of people including a tripletap on my country. I noticed that others had been hitting him the past few days and I waited till today to hit. I was saving up turns just for him. Before you even think of asking I had NO pacts with any other country. I did however, message others he had farmed with the spy op on #17 after seeing that I wouldn't have enough turns to "lem" him down and kill him.

No, I was referring to Slag's country. I struck the killing blow on #17 just before that post. Thanks for the spy op :)
FoG

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2010, 1:39:37

You've got a good point M0bzta.

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 2nd 2010, 4:56:09

Other than the parts he's horribly wrong on...

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2010, 9:45:56

No, he's right. If you want to get to the top ten you have to be a good netter, and have a strong country that deters attacks.

mrford Game profile

Nov 2nd 2010, 14:34:47

Welcome to ee? Pretty much the same on every server
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 2nd 2010, 15:30:23

Getafix - run any strat you want. If someone wants to break you, provoked or not, they are going to break you. There is no such thing as a country that can't be broken when someone sets their mind to it.

I'm all for fighting, grudges, etc - but let the guys who just wanna net in peace and leave everyone alone have their fun. Trust me, if folks could just do that much the server would grow quickly.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2010, 16:05:12

I agree, you can always be broken by a suicider. But a suicider has no interest in netting at all, and no reason for fighting except to destroy, not to try to "fight to get the #1 spot".

With all the country types except maybe demo techer, to get to the top you need to make attacks and grab some land. So you can't just net in peace, you need to fight for the top. So I still think M0bzta has a good point, and a cool name.

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 2nd 2010, 20:40:25

Originally posted by Getafix:
I agree, you can always be broken by a suicider. But a suicider has no interest in netting at all, and no reason for fighting except to destroy, not to try to "fight to get the #1 spot".

With all the country types except maybe demo techer, to get to the top you need to make attacks and grab some land. So you can't just net in peace, you need to fight for the top. So I still think M0bzta has a good point, and a cool name.

I beg to differ.

You give me a set free of getting grabbed, and I will happily put an all-x country into the top 10 nine out of ten times. All-x is an EXTREMELY viable strategy type in a server where you can hold up to 360 turns at any given time. None of my top 10 finishes in this server have involved grabbing land.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2010, 23:41:24

Yeah, OK. If you were able to net in total peace with no grabs I guess you could do really well. But in the Express game, as M0bzta said, everyone fights for the #1 spot. I don't think we would want that to stop. We just don't like people who we call "suiciders".

With a demo techer you can get to the top ten with a very small ammount of land and be less attractive to land grabbers. Because you don''t need land you don't need to attack. If you don't attack you are less likely to attract suiciders

Other than that you need lots of land, as a farmer or casher for example, and are a target and will get grabbed for sure in Express. And thats good, its the essence of the game

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 3rd 2010, 0:16:08

we didn't want an abbatoir :)

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 3rd 2010, 3:01:28

The set I took 3rd place, I was grabbed 4x on day 3. I had stock and cash on hand. 16-18k acres on all-x is entirely possible in Express if you're running the right strat, so losing %10-%15 of it to grabs isn't gonna hurt you too bad.

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 3rd 2010, 18:49:55

It's not that hard to hit 16k acres, and still have 24 hrs worth of turns to stock. If you're doing it as a farmer, you're stocking as you go.

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 3rd 2010, 20:41:41

I'll have to try it.

If you can hit 16k acres in a set, you can expect a finish somewhere between 12m and 15m NW, depending on tech/mil prices. I'll let ya know what I figure out :-)