Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

May 16th 2010, 16:35:07

A member of an established alliance hits some 3 member tag 12 times in a day and its farming.

Member of said tag hits the established alliance back a month later in the set while they are stocking and its a "suicide".

There is no easy way to just ban "suiciding" ... unless you get rid of all attacks.

There are obvious changes to me that can help tho
A) Decrease upkeep costs
B) Cap the amount of food a country gains in an attack

Thats easy enough perhaps the real question is how do you make it so that landgrabbing can occur on the alliance server. The answer to this is also obvious to me

A) Do away with all non LG attacks, so that LG wars would occur and attacking could be beneficial to an individual/clan
B) Play primary if you want to attack, play alliance to explore(I dunno why the fluff people enjoy this) or to war SOL panks off the server.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 0:20:49

yay we are 0/1 so far in replies making sense (in this case I have literally no idea what you are even trying to say). Dont' worry dibs I expect the trend to continue

Another thing to do would be to amke it possible to keep goods on market for more than 72 hours (ie possible after 72 hours to just click button "return goods" but before that they don't return). It sacrifices the smallest amount of being able to properly plan your destock based on when your food is returning from market but... meh

BobbyATA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 0:21:31

err meant to say sacrifices the smallest amount of SKILL regarding being able...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 17th 2010, 1:01:18

A has already been done this reset....
Finally did the signature thing.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 1:44:56

do it more?

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 3:17:55

Sounds like you think people should jsut be permantly farmed with no reprecussions. If you hadnt farmed them into oblivion they wouldnt have suicided.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 3:18:32

I wish theyd bring back GSes stealing food, instead of destroying it, it was awesome that people could become giants be suiciding other clans.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 17th 2010, 14:55:39

I agree with that, drs should work both ways, if a country does 50 attacks then hes 50 attacks on the plus side of drs, so they dont take effect until hes been attacked 50 times back, landgrabs should only apply to this, as it is now a big commie could go on a huge landgrabbing spree, and laugh as people try to get their retals in 72 hour window.