Verified:

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2024, 15:56:46

Would this really create all-x servers?

I assume the bots wouldn't buy this bonus, so they aren't inflated.

People that do become fatter targets, maybe more tempting than ever :)

You don't need to touch the current explore mechanics/maths.

If you make the bonus 8pts for +1 to your explore rate, then by day 60 your explore rate could be up to 70A/turn (premium+form bonus+6/A base rate). The absolute theoretical max you could get (exploring 80 turns a day for 60 days) is ~150k extra acres, but in reality you have to spend some turns building and I think you'd stop exploring way before you get to the end of the set (imagine the build cost!). So it still incredibly inefficient way to play but a bit less boring than 6A/turn for 90% of the set for those all-x that aren't going to change their ways :)

Grabbers still outcompete, explorers add more to market supply smoothing things out a bit.

I dunno.

Obvs if your mind is already made up then please ignore and close this :)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 12th 2024, 15:59:20

We already have "all-X servers". My understanding of the complaint is that servers get boring when both the explore rate is low and grabbing isn't practical for political or other reasons. I don't view increasing the explore rate as a good way to solve that problem (it arguably makes it even worse).

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2024, 21:22:39

cool cool

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 13th 2024, 17:10:16

I'd be in favor of a server where only the bots can attack and the human players have to play as the landfarms.

VicRattlehead Game profile

May 13th 2024, 18:08:08

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I'd be in favor of a server where only the bots can attack and the human players have to play as the landfarms.

I actually think that would be hilarious to try, and would definitely join for round 1.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2024, 21:48:43

this would be funny! :)