Verified:

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 13th 2020, 11:25:26

The ability to create your own start up that is saved in your profile.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2020, 12:19:37

Startups are recorded in game in code. so perhaps if we are able to find out a way to "record" your start up then it could be re-done for all your countries in sets after..

which I guess could be something added for premium players, involving recording said details in a alpha style test..

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 13th 2020, 19:01:25

An easier alternative to this would be to run an all-xp phase simultaneously with all countries.

It wouldnt require much but it would require that random events like explores, booms and negative events are all calculated once and replicated for all those countries among those turns. that would be easiest to do by running the country alone and then just changing the DB to copy paste the status in the other countries as soon as you either want to use the public market, log out, spy or attack.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Oct 13th 2020, 20:41:56

Originally posted by Gerdler:
An easier alternative to this would be to run an all-xp phase simultaneously with all countries.

It wouldnt require much but it would require that random events like explores, booms and negative events are all calculated once and replicated for all those countries among those turns. that would be easiest to do by running the country alone and then just changing the DB to copy paste the status in the other countries as soon as you either want to use the public market, log out, spy or attack.

I could get on board with that.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 13th 2020, 23:39:41

Oh, so you play only one country and you replicate it, but once you have done something like buy from the market or spy or grab, then you cant keep doing that?

I like the idea, it would be interesting to see how it would work.

I've been working on adding things to the ffa control like bulk exploring/building etc also..

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 14th 2020, 19:15:07

Theres no problem with running 10 identical countries through exploring, cashing, private market buying/selling, or building. But as soon as you get to the market you end up with a problem.

Say theres 30k bushels on sale at 35 and you want to buy 5k bushels, well you can't. You can only buy 3k per country, then you have to buy the rest at next price, since we cant create bushels out of thin air. As long as its evenly divisible it poses no problem, the game could easily divide by 10 and each country gets that 3k food, and you can decide if you need more or not.

Theres an issue when its not evenly divisible but I think it could be fixed by paying part of the commissions on the goods you buy rather than on money. With demo's it will just have to disappear I think, I see no other alternative. For food and military purchases this loss should be very small anyway. For tech purchases it may be worse since there will be small batches where the rounding error could become large enough to actually matter. But I think its something I would accept.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2020, 5:38:39

2 options

1 allow you to run the same startup up until turn 99 (if you dont use pub market) or until you:

attack
get attacked
harmful op
get harmful opped
buy on public
sell on public (technically you could allow it until it hits the market but seems unnecessary)

given an option to select a country from control page or from ingame that hasnt done any of the things above then save it as a template and apply the template if you have enough turns available

you could even chain the templates if you wanted to apply it post 99 or 120 turns (technically 134 or something but that would be a hassle)

so instead of 1 template at 99 or 120 turns, you might choose to make one at 78, 156, 234 for day 1 2 3

or offset turns based on your time of play during the server day

it could be viable up to about day 7 or so

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2020, 5:42:17

1 has a bit more variability

with potentially 16 of your countries getting say dual or even triple missiles in protection, booms quakes, good or bad explores and so on

2 creastes a bit of a minigame/grind if you feel you need to get the luckiest possible staartup to save

if luck is turned off in saved/duped starts that could be a thing as well

a complication with saving strats is applying bonuses, that doesnt apply to copying them