Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Marshal Game profile

Mar 1st 2018, 14:00:15

no, no and once more no.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 1st 2018, 15:52:58

I think it would make the game worse.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 1st 2018, 20:19:23

ofc it would, no more transferring oil via market.

Rasp Game profile

Mar 5th 2018, 13:49:00

is oil lootable via regular SS/PS?

I believe GS can steal it.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

chapman951 Game profile

Mar 5th 2018, 17:05:44

I do not understand why you can’t FA oil.

But when Gerd and Marshall say “no no no”, there must be a good reason.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 5th 2018, 17:24:21

Marshall didn't post on this thread. :)

Also to be clear I do not have strong feelings about this either way, it's just that I dont see how it would solve any issues that players cant solve today.

It would make it easier to transfer NW though and make FFA transfers far easier. I think that would be detrimental to the game.

Edited By: Gerdler on Mar 5th 2018, 17:27:22

sinistril Game profile

Mar 5th 2018, 20:02:26

Originally posted by chapman951:
I do not understand why you can’t FA oil.

But when Gerd and Marshall say “no no no”, there must be a good reason.

If Gerdler says it, maybe. If Marshal says it, it's probably a good idea :P

I'm pro FAing oil. I don't think it would affect FFA very much since everyone would be able to do it. Might provide more incentives for ppl to run oilers if anything and help deflate the food markets a bit which would benefit cashers.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Xninja Game profile

Mar 7th 2018, 1:30:02

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Marshall didn't post on this thread. :)

Also to be clear I do not have strong feelings about this either way, it's just that I dont see how it would solve any issues that players cant solve today.

It would make it easier to transfer NW though and make FFA transfers far easier. I think that would be detrimental to the game.

FAing oil would still be capped like the other goods so I don't fully see how it would be damaging. Back before the changes to restarts FAing oil would have been very useful during war times for traditional restarts.

Then again, I was always a supporter of adding oil tech to make it more productive as it should be, the only strategy that does not get a technology boost....
Alas, that was shot down time and time again for no real reason other than they claim it be pointless. My defense, if be as useful/useless as medical tech and we can have that :p
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 7th 2018, 3:18:08

First off; Medical tech is hugely beneficial in the right circumstances.

Oil tech or not, I do think oil needs a rebalancing of sorts. Oil tech could play part in that but by itself doesnt really help the game. If you have thought about how to add oil tech AND do other changes in a way that balances the fascist farmer/oiler strat then I think you should make a thread about that.

---------------

On topic I think that transfers are already easy enough and dont need to be made easier simply because I dont want the game to incentivise transfers for netting purposes(only in FFA). If anything remove food from FA so that people are forced to learn to play on their own. FA can still be used to help get ppl in humanitarians range or so on with sending just military and cash though stock is usually in bushels and oil, and a combination thereof is directly convertible to NW at a few clicks.
Further FAing oil will make walling even more overpowered which I think will be horrible for the game.

Xninja Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 1:24:43

Originally posted by Gerdler:
First off; Medical tech is hugely beneficial in the right circumstances.

Oil tech or not, I do think oil needs a rebalancing of sorts. Oil tech could play part in that but by itself doesnt really help the game. If you have thought about how to add oil tech AND do other changes in a way that balances the fascist farmer/oiler strat then I think you should make a thread about that.

---------------

On topic I think that transfers are already easy enough and dont need to be made easier simply because I dont want the game to incentivise transfers for netting purposes(only in FFA). If anything remove food from FA so that people are forced to learn to play on their own. FA can still be used to help get ppl in humanitarians range or so on with sending just military and cash though stock is usually in bushels and oil, and a combination thereof is directly convertible to NW at a few clicks.
Further FAing oil will make walling even more overpowered which I think will be horrible for the game.

That was sarcasm regarding medical tech. I was just saying oil tech would be just as useful as medical depending on circumstance.

I would rather see oil tech over oil FA.

I'll get to work on an idea to balance oil strategy more. better.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

sinistril Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 4:11:45

Oil is the outcast of resources. Can't sell it on pm, no tech, no transfers, can't get rigs from landgrabs, bots don't sell it or buy it... I believe qz or someone posted that for oil to even be economically efficient it for destocks needs to be bought at like 80$ a barrel. Meanwhile it sells for 200-400 on FFA depending on the set... it needs some tweaks, definitely.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2018, 5:30:24

No it is worth it for destocks at far higher prices than that.

Oil destock constantly win 3 servers lol with much higher prices than that.

What qz meant was that slagpit balanced oil burning so that Theo mbrs would buy oil and burn to resell the units at $80 oil prices.

Three things make the break-even far higher for oil destocking:
1. You get to run all your turns to the end without raising your expenses and use the income of these turns for your jump.
2. Last Day military prices are far higher than what he balanced it for.
3. You sheild yourself completely from any kind of market uncertainty.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 15:58:39

can't grab rigs? since when?

sinistril Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 16:51:53

Originally posted by Marshal:

From bots since they don't make them, I can grab them off you I guess ??

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 8th 2018, 17:25:59

I'd like to see bushels removed from FA, if only just temporary to see what would happen - especially in FFA

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2018, 17:33:08

Then we agree! :)

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 20:10:19

Originally posted by sinistril:
Originally posted by Marshal:

From bots since they don't make them, I can grab them off you I guess ??

i have only few so you wouldn't gain those.

sinistril Game profile

Mar 9th 2018, 2:12:48

Originally posted by Primeval:
I'd like to see bushels removed from FA, if only just temporary to see what would happen - especially in FFA

I'm not a huge fan of netting with FA chains (45 turns a day can be more effectively used IMO) in FFA but I'd consider that a huge nerf to any non-techer strategy.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 9th 2018, 3:12:47

If that means more ppl plays techer maybe the tech prices will go down. :)

But what you are saying really mostly(only?) has effect for those who are going for rank 1, and not those going for total string NW. so it affects like 3-5 players every reset, no?

sinistril Game profile

Mar 9th 2018, 3:30:27

Not just people going for rank 1 do FA transfers. I'd say it would affect half of FFA players. Even if it didn't affect more ppl, I don't see the point in creating a huge game imbalance cause it won't affect many ppl. *shrugs* If you want it gone from Alliance for whatever reason, it's fine by me, FFA is a whole different beast and FA transfers act as a balance against market transfers (which are already far superior to begin with but take more time, have more risk, etc).