Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 4th 2010, 4:50:36

currently targets shift forward gradually

if someone misses one by 1 hour then its 1 hour later the next day, and can eventually come back around

or someone can overhit early to claim a target usually a GDI farm for earlier the next day

thats seems a rather brutal and unfun thing to be on the receiving end of to me, not that i ever have, when i was getting farmed when i started there were way more targets around

to soften DR rather than all DR wearing out exactly 24 hours after a hit it could lose 25% after 18 hours and a further 25% every 6 hours for example

or it could happen over a much short timeframe, perhaps 1 hour losing 10% every 6 minutes and being at 50% exactly 24 hours later

another option would be random DR where each country come out between perhaps +/- 6 minutes or 1 hour from the current DR timers

or tiered DR where if you / your multies (ffa) / your tag (clan servers) / your allies having hit the target in the previous 24/72 hours or whole reset would increase the DR time slightly or increase DR effect slighly reducing the incentive for everyone to farm the same targets repeatedly

conversely if someone has hit you or your tag or countries or allies DR time or effect could be reduced slightly

perhaps being tuned to have some effect on the tactic of grabbing/topfeeding 10-20 people who you know can retal you in a short period of time, not building the land

waiting for retal period to expire and using the expected heavy DR on you to minimise land loss, in other words if a hit is a retal perhaps there should be a higher minimum gain than if your farming someone 20 times

dantzig Game profile

Sep 4th 2010, 5:39:36

I like these ideas. With the random DR, another option would be to have a spy op that shows the current DR percent.
FoG

diez Game profile

Sep 4th 2010, 6:00:10

random dr would hurt grabbing a lot.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 4th 2010, 8:30:23

it would hurt grabbing of targets over 4 hits on them in the last 24 hours

but i would argue we shouldnt really be designing a game based around efficient farming of countries 5+ times per day

since that puts a cap on how big countries can get at about 8k acres as all explores, or a bit bigger as grabbers

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Sep 5th 2010, 13:25:21

Uh, what? I explored over 14k acres as a techer this set.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 5th 2010, 14:43:15

vic i was saying if you were getting hit 5 times a day as an all explore your land maxes out around 8k

probably slightly less actually