Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 10th 2010, 21:30:31

PCI death has been adjusted so it's slightly harder to achieve.

Rather than

PCI < 0.01

it is now round(PCI,2) < 0.01

:)
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 10th 2010, 22:04:31

Originally posted by qzjul:
PCI death has been adjusted so it's slightly harder to achieve.

Rather than

PCI < 0.01

it is now round(PCI,2) < 0.01

:)

In some ways one could consider it twice as hard! Another pro-netting change clearly!

Thanks for the transparency, although I am sure NO ONE would have ever known the change ;)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 10th 2010, 23:06:44

Err this is a warmonger friendly change, because it means you can stonewall at low pop for much much longer.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 6:40:44

Now you die at .004999... instead of .00999... harder to kill someone!

Pro-netting!

There are two sides to every coin. I think that since PCI kills happen by change instead of by intention that this will have very minimal effects on gameplay =P I don't think anyone will notice... but I suppose you think it will alter things since you made the change, so we'll see =P

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 13:27:32

So...you took something that happened very rarely in the old game...and made it much harder to occur?

Kinda odd to me, but ok.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2010, 15:33:59

This was brought up by some SOL stonewallers, so yes *some* people will notice ;)

We're making it match the old game apparently.

llaar Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 16:47:53

i've PCI died in 2025 before from walling :P

its a side effect of walling at too low of pop for too long...

if you reached below around .02 though, you never could regain the pop to stay alive, you would eventually just PCI kill yourself by playing turns

Marshal Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 17:16:52

ÿeah llaar committed suicide by pci-killing himself.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 17:35:55

Originally posted by qzjul:
This was brought up by some SOL stonewallers, so yes *some* people will notice ;)

We're making it match the old game apparently.

touché

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2010, 17:36:51

Self PCI deaths are a result of improper walling technique.

Thomas Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 7:11:11

I died from PCI in FFA a few sets back in EE after having over 1000 defends within 24 hours. I thought it was a bug since you rarely hear about someone actually dying from PCI :P

Dragonlance Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 7:20:05

i've also died from PCI in 2025 lol.

I wouldn't say it's improper technique Slagpit, in express server for example, considering the number of turns you recieve and the speed you receive them, it could be quite conceivable that you could just keep on walling and could only be killed via PCI kill.

Whilst no country should survive long enough with proper wall chat running to die from a PCI kill. I don't see how you can claim it's always improper walling technique.

ESPECIALLY if the country being attacked has little to no resources, and ONLY has turns as it's resource for walling....

Hate to say it.. but your attitude is once again poor for an admin. I don't mean to make the same point twice:/

But more netting arrogance in your assumption that the country being killed would be a large country.

Thomas Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 7:30:12

He can say it all he wants, it doesn't bother me. The fact is I took over 1000 attacks within 24 hours and saved a lot of other countries by doing it. Why buy up when you don't need to? I only bought up long enough to get more turns. You buy up, they find someone else to hit.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 12th 2010, 17:30:19

My attitude reflects my expertise on the game. It is possible to stonewall at low populations for an indefinite amount of time without dying from PCI.

Ivan Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 0:39:38

maybe its now but it didnt use to be

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 13th 2010, 4:42:35

yea it did, but you can't do it casually; it requires some understanding

ZIP Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 12:33:05

enlighten us then
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 13th 2010, 15:51:07

.... usually people drop their taxrate or land, but this can cause you to spin into negative PCI growth; dropping tax or land is bad; doing the opposite is better.

llaar Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 16:10:03

i walled over 2000 hits + spy ops in less than 2 hours in old FFA 2025, before they quit hitting me. the next day running turns trying to regain pop, it PCI killed me...

it is not possible to stonewall indefinitely from my experience. soon as your PCI gets low enough, it never went back up again. this only ever happened in FFA for me. clans in alliance/EC don't have enough turns to waste to continue killing me when i wall and they know i'm online with full turns

joedro Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 5:39:31

such a big head llaar.
i once pci killed my self in FFA like 2 sets ago it took me 4 days to make it happen. how ever i sucked at it. shoulda taken me 2 days. tax rate 70% ran out of cash and food. that did the trick
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

llaar Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 16:18:48

well people just dont spend 2000 hits on a single country in 1 country servers on anyone really to just make sure they die, i didn't just mean me... they just spend 2800 hits on dragon over in FFA to kill one of his... that just doesnt happen as often in alliance. but you should be able to PCI kill a waller, since its kinda like putting them under seige, they will run out of resources eventually, which is what a PCI death is kinda like