Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2010, 6:06:29

if you had say 1b and made 2b of sales it would be nice to see the last half of the sales shown as wasted money

perhaps something similar if you run turns with positive income when already at 2b

could list it in expenses even perhaps under corruption for 2b bugged servers

Havoc Game profile

Aug 11th 2010, 15:35:31

It says Pangaea was the last person to post here when there's only one post..

A BUG INSIDE A BUG. BUGCEPTION.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 11th 2010, 15:40:48

wow.. that's deep.

anyway, yea.. would be nice to even see it in your recent news "you lost 1bil cash due to having surpassed the 2bil limit"
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 11th 2010, 17:21:47

hmmm
i suppose we could add this... /me would really simply like to remove the 2B bug...
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 11th 2010, 17:25:02

cancel that thought, this would be difficult to add i just realized.... for everything *other than* the market it'd be trivial... but the market stuff updates relatively without knowing the state of the country from which it's being bought... and i could make it store in some temporary variable or something but o.O

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2010, 18:04:18

how about when your cashing with 2b already? could you do it like 100% corruption for cash over 2b?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 11th 2010, 18:14:38

mmm i suppose heh

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2010, 18:31:17

for the market it might be possible to have a country gain cash to whatever it sells but then adjust it down just before the cash is interacted with

that would be login, bomb banks, grabs, perhaps spy op

at that point you could generate a news item saying 'you went over 2b and lost xx dollars'

or another way might be if you let cash go over 2b but as soon as it does you take the cash away and report that

but yes if 2b bug is taken out it makes destocking a lot easier and if corruption is in you still have to stock

also means if you were a techer stocking at 30k acres with 3 same sized tech allies your effective tpt is about 13k, which puts you at 988k tech produced per day

if you sell that for more than 2200 ish a point then you have to login more than once a day just to sell tech

and allows for a lot more market blocks hindering buyouts which is a good thing

im not sure if demos being able to resell a lot at a time is good or bad, its probably good for farmers and cashers which arnt the strongest stocking options now but hard to say for techers

its already like this in ffa of course and doesnt seem to be a big deal but food peak i think was a lot lower in ffa than alliance too

actually 2b bug may be more of an issue in team server since turn/day are 30% more a 20k demo tech in team would have to sell twice or stock tech if it was over 2500 a point

and a theo either couldnt resell or would have to sell twice a day at a much lower price

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 11th 2010, 22:00:33

for the market it might be possible to have a country gain cash to whatever it sells but then adjust it down just before the cash is interacted with

this would probably involve changing several dozen queries to... 2*several dozen queries, for a total of probably 5x as much db load for the given query

im not sure if demos being able to resell a lot at a time is good or bad, its probably good for farmers and cashers which arnt the strongest stocking options now but hard to say for techers

I think it's definitely a good thing...

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2010, 5:21:12

well it lets you balance theos vs tyranny vs demo in interisting ways

im a little concerned of the effects on food peak of no 2b bug though

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 12th 2010, 15:12:19

no 2B bug will cause the food peak to lower somewhat, that is pretty much all, from what I've considered; plus this is what we've observed in FFA.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2010, 16:41:51

yes, potentially makes casher a bit too strong compared to farmer

although on the plus side it would help indy as well

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 12th 2010, 18:40:00

mmm no i think demo farmer would be really good as they could resell hundreds of M of bushels at once, and try to pull out a few $100M here and ther

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 12th 2010, 19:15:38

Why not keep all cash over 2bil and lose it as soon as you login, if you decide to keep the 2bil bug.

Would see some interesting returns on LG's if someone grabbed someone with far more than 2bil on hand.

Tho, i'm normally at far far before i'd have a chance to have more than 2bil on hand, so i'm not really bothered.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2010, 17:16:03

mmm you could do some fancy things with SO's and overselling then probably....

joedro Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 21:01:05

qzjul i so would love to see the 2 bil bug gone. that thing sucks. how ever it does add strategy to the game. i do remember one time i was destocking and sold 40 mil bushels for $45 i forgot to spend all the money i had which was 1.8 bill. what a loss that was
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 12th 2010, 21:28:06

mhmm well next reset it will be removed

Jelly

Sep 12th 2010, 21:50:41

How about during the cash button, if you go over 2bil, it wouldn't cash at all, and you have to click a check box to ensure that you want to cash over 2bil.