Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 23:01:24

add a few more boards? general talk is kinda dead, so i dont know if this would be a good thing but heres a few suggestions

Soap Box
for political discussions

Rant/Rave
self explanitory, post rants or raves about every day life, saw this one on a old forum i used to be a member of and it was a very interesting board

slick deals
this was never a very active board, but was cool to brows through, if anyone came across a kickass deal on a product, they would post it with links and what not

i think these few extra boards could increase forum activity and let ppl browse the boards with intentions other than ingame politics and flaming.

just a thought
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 22nd 2010, 15:49:39

i'd like to see general talk take off before fragmenting the forums more;
Finally did the signature thing.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 20:45:46

yes lets also have individual forums to discuss each individual country in alliance!

llaar Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 20:46:50

i want a forum for every troop in every country in every server

those guys must get bored, and could use some reading material

Detmer Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 3:59:47

I guess its a matter of philosophy - do people post to fill space or do people post a set amount and you can divide that up for simplicity as you will?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 25th 2010, 15:29:03

well when the top 100 threads on a forum are consistently in the last 2 days or so, then i'll consider splitting them i'd say :)

mrford Game profile

Jun 27th 2010, 1:48:39

I guess I'm looking at it from the other side believing that the seperate boards would promote activity because they would be mission specific, instead of a general talk board where you have to sift through the bullfluff to Sind subjects you want to discuss

that's just me
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 27th 2010, 17:33:48

hmm

you have a reasonable point; that said, i've always experienced the opposite in RED/Evolution when splitting/merging forums, and I assume the same thing holds for the greater Earth community; people have a tendency to not check many forums

heck even i barely check anything other than this board and alliance talk