Verified:

snawdog Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 11:37:18

Originally posted by iZarcon:
to make it clear, ... Develop a pact that encourages trading land with them

Has already been tried,it too was frowned upon by server...
ICQ 364553524
msn

Helmet Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 12:00:32

The problem I have with it and this has been seen on the FFA is that if enough people are doing it and succeeding, then more and more people jump on the bandwagon. The next thing you know a good portion of the server is doing it and the game is a joke.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2011, 12:08:03

self-trading is. but if you can use diplomatic skills to work out gainful pact terms for both clans involved, then you're living up to the alliance theme of the server.

The only ones that will frown upon it are those who aren't game enough to try aything other than all-boring-explore. or even those who thoroughly enjoy battering the lower ranked no0bs.

Meh... frown on what you want... i've frowned on l:l since it was brought in
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2011, 13:58:53

in some ways ffa is less of an issue since doing land:land is impractical there you get hit a lot when your land gets high

i was running some countries using ghost acres and 0 defence one set and you can grow really easily

but at some point you flatten off since you lose too much in retals not getting back as much and your build costs go up

if you want to do it you really need to keep yourself in DR there (which means play at same time each day roughly)

id say the worst result is actually that you lose pacts because people see you are phat, get grumpy they arnt allowed to grab you then refuse to pact you next set either assuming you will do the same thing to punish you

im not sure how not pacting translates to alliance, depends on whether the alliances doing it practice/accept land:land really, since if they dont they can only get so far ahead of the pack before they get too juicy to resist grabbing by the alliance which like to topfeed/landtrade

as to what should be frowned on theres two concerns

first whatever will make the game have less point for the established players

second and slightly less important whatever will stop new people/groups from wanting to play, less important because there are less of these and people quickly progress from farmland to not tolerating even a few hits a day by a tag on their tag

id argue its best to hold onto as many of the first group as possible until a better way to help the new people is in the game, as without that getting a whole lot of new people will probably just result in a large amount leaving

the question then becomes does a few people landtrading and possibly getting very high spots keep more people playing, counting less third parties being directly effected, or does it stop more people playing who arnt willing to compete that way, or the third option if the two groups come into conflict does that keep or drive away people

anyway id like to see some more metrics so people who dont landtrade and other groups, like pure all explore can have their own rankings to compete on

braden Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 15:05:13

RD is hitler.

-deerhunter

Patience Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 15:15:32

Isn't RD being anywhere in the top 5 a sign of the apocalypse? They're ahead of schedule by exactly 11 months... slow down, fellas!!! :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.