Verified:

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:04:18

Im somewhat scared to ask this and have to read all the uselessness but here goes.

How exactly is Imag a deterrent to new players or this community growth as a whole?

As i see it over COUNTLESS years Imag has been one of the strongest alliances as a community. Everyone there has more or less stayed in touch over the years and the core has never strayed far.

They as a clan got the fluff kicked out of them by every alliance under the sun, left and right when they started and suicide for reset after reset until they dealt enough fluff back for people to think twice about starting fluff.

That's community to stick through it and come out fluff stained on the other side with a smile and keep on hitting regardless of odds. Those are the people needed to continue the strengthening of the community. Those who even though they get the fluff knocked out of them continue until they are respected in good or bad.

The fluff List has always been known by everyone here as Imag's biggest push for war. They are a warring alliance and though not always do they post a reason or reveal it, i know myself the amount of entries i have added to the fluff list were numerous for many.

Its motivation to the members to know there is always revenge and its motivation to the people they hit to fight back out of spite and hatred if nothing else.

Yes the community is nil compared to what it was in its prime. I understand that fully. Regardless, You started fluff whenever it was and now you get hit regardless of how many people play this game. Starting a war because people leave when Imag hits them shows nothing but bad character imo of the people running.

Grow a pair and keep on hitting until you prove yourself or run like the french.

and uh yeah. just my thoughts and im curious how the other perspective on the matter is.
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:35:50

some people put their time and effort into running a country that they don;t want to use for war, when this country is destroyed that person feels like they lost a bunch of time for no reason

therefore Imag just like any alliance that hits people for no absolute reason especially when said people/alliance do not even expect it is what will drive that player away from the game

either way Imag's philosophy is not understandable. They don't mind to waste time on their countries and then just die, so obviously you cannot compare their style of caring about the game to other alliance who's efforts are only shown in the last minute of the last hour of the set

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:40:26

But the other alliances are meant not to expect it which is the entire reason for their existence and the fluff list itself.

i dont see how running a country to wargain is any different then netgaining other then the wargainer can restart and still be happy.

they waste time attacking and warring and restarting like some resell and netgain. Its the same thing and each is a large part of the game.

I am still not understanding
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:40:28

and also Galandy, i doubt any alliance in this server is really worried about starting fluff with imag....well maybe alliances like the fist...with 10 members and netting...

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:41:43

then why fluff when your hit?

Imag spins everyone here obviously if its under some peoples skins
aka they are winning the war they start even when they die

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:43:08

yeah but Galandy , one side has the option of doing what they like to do and the other doesn't, so obviously the side that feels like they don't might say : fark this game

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:45:02

so you are saying Imag is happy to get under people's skin and piss them off?? What was your question again???

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:45:19

so if i get the fluff end of the stick at work i should quit next time?

That logic is such a cop out in my mind. Better yourself to not allow yourself to be in that position in the first place

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:45:26

its easy to choose to play the part of a suicidal maniac and then say you enjoy life...

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:48:50

Its just as easy not to start fluff in the first place and not land yourself in this position.

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:49:22

what do you mean?? for who not to start fluff???

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 1:51:29

Those who get attacked down the road. Majority have started fluff with imag.

Imag comes back and become criminals because the game is in a bad place when they are the ONLY alliance here who hasnt changed in god knows how many years.

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:11:01

you have to change with the times...

Junky Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:14:32

my question... is, if a net alliance didn't do anything to get FS'd blindedly by Imag, what did they do to get hit? not prepare for someone to attack them for being peaceful?

the thing is, the situation that is going on right now... demands change, you can't go around FSing people for looking at you the wrong way right now.. imaginary numbers has to change how they do things, if they want to war.. I'm sure, SoF, Rage, SOL, and any war clan would love to fight em. well rage might not every set.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

ibujke Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:18:49

You insist on repeating that iMag wars for no reason. That is not true. It is true that it happens sometimes. Since the start of EE only the war against LaF during set1 was without a reason.

crazyserb Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:32:50

lol don't lie bujke you guys pull names out of a hat

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:35:47

Yeah but your reasons might be years old.
If as a whole server we are trying to save this game would it not make sense for Ifail to at least attempt to work with others then selfishly do whatever makes them happy???

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 2:36:30

if someone imag hits is hit because they are on the fluff list, then they ARE being hit for a reason.

It's just imag likes to keep the premise up that they don't hit people for a reason, as it allows them more freedom to get their revenge for past grievances through the fluff list.

That's all i can say about SoL v Imag. It's incredibly tough position to see 2 clans you get along well with fighting each other when you see no sense to the battle.

ibujke Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 3:10:52

CrazySerb, we used to in E2025. EE is different.

CrazySerb, IRONMAN, no, this is a new game and as such all reasons date back to set #1 at most. Some of the old reasons (for example L:L policy on all hits) become the new reasons since the same problem is still there (those clans didnt change the policy).

After all, IRONMAN calling me an ifail is reason enough. I never insulted anyone on these boards.

Finally, why should we justify our actions to you? On public boards no less. Those who need to know already know. If you feel you are left out, or that your alliance is left out then approach an iMag leader in private and you might find out. Provided that leader judges it`s in iMags interest, or at least not against it, to tell you the reason for a specific war.

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 3:44:32

Bujke the LaF wars will always happen as they were the ones that Farmed Imag relentlessy at the beginning of Imags life.

Imag will ALWAYS hit LaF for whatever silly reason they post here but its because they farmed Imag relentlessly at the beginning and i stand behind Imag choosing to always hate LaF.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2010, 4:38:51

Funny how an alliance like NA can tell iMag they only accept country:country and iMag will just "conveniently" only retal them from countries that get hit, but when an alliance 1/3rd of iMag's size tries to enforce something like... DH ends land:land, iMag all of a sudden grows a pair.

fluff list and all that stuff, fact is iMag picks easy wars and makes up crap reasons for them. iMag goes out of its way to create disputes with weaker clans and ignores the big clans it actually has a real reason to war.

So that's why people say iMag creates random wars, that's why people say iMag drives people from the server and that's why no one likes iMag.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Nov 25th 2010, 4:51:48

"After all, IRONMAN calling me an ifail is reason enough. I never insulted anyone on these boards."
Kid I call your whole clan Ifail
Me personally I would fight you guys till the end of time and enjoy every minute
"Finally, why should we justify our actions to you?"
Your boy made this post,you just do not like the replies

dagga Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 5:03:29

Imag are bottom-feeders/pond scum.

This 'fluff list' is bullfluff and the alliances on it were probably provoked by you idiots in the first place.

You can't pretend to 'not care', 'love dying/restarting', 'be hardcore fighters' and start 15 whiney threads and 100 posts after you got rightfully smacked down. Your whole premise of existing is to be a bunch of loose cannons who couldn't give a fluff about your actions - we're delivering a message to you loud and f-ing clear - that doesn't fly here anymore.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 5:07:22

Geez, I didn't even have to say it!
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Soviet Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 6:55:47

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Funny how an alliance like NA can tell iMag they only accept country:country and iMag will just "conveniently" only retal them from countries that get hit, but when an alliance 1/3rd of iMag's size tries to enforce something like... DH ends land:land, iMag all of a sudden grows a pair.

fluff list and all that stuff, fact is iMag picks easy wars and makes up crap reasons for them. iMag goes out of its way to create disputes with weaker clans and ignores the big clans it actually has a real reason to war.

So that's why people say iMag creates random wars, that's why people say iMag drives people from the server and that's why no one likes iMag.

Funny how those countries you hit could easily retal their own hits. We do allow them 24 hour reservation, you know.

"DH ends on L:L": We never took L:L, we took 2:3 (called es-ca-lat-ing) retals. Read up on it sometime.

The fluff list is real and in working order. Just because you don't have the honor of accessing it (only about 5 people do), doesn't make it any less valid.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Link Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 7:02:48

tis a shame that one of the things that once made the game fun, now appears to be driving players away :(
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

iXenomorph Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 8:59:56

Funny how after 10 years iMag is still the undisputed troll of Earth 2025/Empires :). You ppl never learn.

Also... judging from the conversation above the implication is that netters are materialists! In other words, iMaggers are truly selfless and beyond such lowly human qualities!

GO IMAG!
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

ibujke Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 11:45:16

I love how you skipped the first half of my post. I`ll just assume you agree with it then.

Originally posted by INVINCIBLE IRONMAN:
"After all, IRONMAN calling me an ifail is reason enough. I never insulted anyone on these boards."
Kid I call your whole clan Ifail

So you are saying that you show no respect for another clan and that clan cant FS you over it? As for the kid comment. Wow. I`m speechless, you sure put me in my place.

Me personally I would fight you guys till the end of time and enjoy every minute

So whats the problem then?

"Finally, why should we justify our actions to you?"
Your boy made this post,you just do not like the replies

My boy? See this is why I posted in the first place. You make too many assumptions. First that since we didnt state a reason we cant have a reason. Second, that I am a kid. And third that Galandy is my boy. A boy of a kid.

Galandy is not a member of iMag for at least a year. More likely much longer.

You are correct. I dont like the replies and I replied to them. You stated (at least the replies I didnt like stated) that we had no reason to war. I merely said that is a lie.

Originally posted by dagga:
You can't pretend to 'not care', 'love dying/restarting', 'be hardcore fighters' and start 15 whiney threads and 100 posts after you got rightfully smacked down.

I see two threads started by imag members. One is mine saying "boo", the other is Xenos saying "thanks for killing me lol". Can you point me to the whiney threads?

As for the post, wouldnt you say that if people post crap about you can come and point out it is not true? Btw, what happened to the AT ban?

Your whole premise of existing is to be a bunch of loose cannons who couldn't give a fluff about your actions

No, I wouldnt say we are loose cannons and we care about our actions very much.

we're delivering a message to you loud and f-ing clear - that doesn't fly here anymore.

Good I say. Let the flag of Liberty fly over 1A. Let all tyrants know the weak are protected by the mighty SoL. The self-styled Defender will smite the infidels and bring peace to the server. Ever watching, ever diligent, SoL will take care of us all, like a sheppard over his sheep. Making sure that no dissidents remain and all obey the will of SoL. All hail mighty SoL, righteous protector of Earth Empires.

Please, stop with the good guys act. Defend your friends, that's fine. Say we like LCN and we wanted to make them happy, that's fine. Dont say you are protecting the server. Dont say you want to help clans that don't have the stomach for war. If you really want that, go join them for two sets. Teach them how to war. Give them your tools, your strats. Thats what I`d expect to see if SoL was honest in this matter. But I doubt I will.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 25th 2010, 12:20:09

God damnit. I hate each and every one of these threads. Not particularly the iMag ones, but all these "losing the playerbase" ones.

Netters like to net in peace, with (little) fear of being FSed.

Warmongers like to war, FSed or not.

Point one:
As unjustified as it may seem in some peoples' eyes(see galandy's quote below), this is a GAME, not work. Games are recreation. Work, in a raw sense, stops you from starving to death. You put up with shxt you hate at work because it has the potential to make your actual life very difficult, if not impossible. You don't have the same pressure on you when playing a game. Most people play them for enjoyment- relax after said shxtty day of work. When things happen to make you not enjoy that game anymore, you can quit. There are no longstanding real-life repercussions for quitting the game.

Point two:
I just don't understand why it's so difficult for warring clans to realize that you *need* to predominantly war with other warring clans right now. Like I said above, there's nothing forcing players to stay. As unjustified as it may seem, people *will* quit over you attacking them as you see fit, set after set(or not), justified or not. If we all truly want this game to not burn in flames, you need to "pick on" clans that enjoy warring themselves. While it won't necessarily be that steamrolling you enjoy the most, you can't argue that a chance to fine tune your skills is all that bad. Hell, after a while, when we see the Facebook app, and the new playerbase it draws, you'll have all the old opportunities you used to. You'll have all the diverse wars you want.

***TL;DR version:*** Netters only have fun when they're netting in peace. Warmongers only have fun when they're warring. There is more than one warring clan, and they should stick to warring one another *for now* so we can stop hemorrhaging the few players we have left.

I know that's a gross simplification, but it works. I don't think I'll speak anymore on this matter.

Originally posted by Galandy:
so if i get the fluff end of the stick at work i should quit next time?

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 14:31:26

My point is that many have created this into a job xaos.

Creating a highly political, work based atmosphere.

I am an avid SC2 and SC player and I couldn't imagine throwing in the towel because I lost when I was trying to do something else.
You wouldnt quit that community you would be heckled out of it.
Play the game for all its aspects or your better off not here in the first place.

Also, I am a former Imag player but am currently on no side in this matter and not playing. I would appreciate if the ignorance of assumption that IRONMAN has already displayed could be curbed.
I have Played in every clan and I have to say this is no different of an injustice as when SoL was the puppet master back in old earth.

Yes this is a new game, yes it is improved but so long as the community is the same whiny gits that they have always been its the exact same game. Play for the reason we all play for the community. For the alliance. or go play primary and take your chances with suiciders.

Nov 25th 2010, 18:49:26

Yeah but your reasons might be years old.
If as a whole server we are trying to save this game would it not make sense for Ifail to at least attempt to work with others then selfishly do whatever makes them happy???

I really do not care if you have a reason to fight or not
You can FS me now if you like I never hide kid
I call you kid because you act like a child

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 18:50:55

Who are you talking to IRONMAN?

TeckMing Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 19:42:24

I like iXenomorph's attitude :P

go imag go iXen!

Galandy Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 20:14:51

iXeno is like dagga, they both talk for the sake of talking :P

iXenomorph Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 2:46:03

i talk in the hopes that someone will hit me. dunno whats up with the politics in this game. I JUST WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!!!!! or be killed by something =D
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Junky Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 2:59:43

I'm thinking of going with "Greatest Waller Eva" complete with Quotes. for my country name next set...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 26th 2010, 11:55:23

Originally posted by Galandy:
My point is that many have created this into a job xaos.

Creating a highly political, work based atmosphere.

That's perfectly fine, if that's what you care to do. I have no issues with that whatsoever. It's when you suggest to other players that they are crybabies, or whiners, or what-have-you, for doing so that I take offense with. You're, in essence, telling them that the way they enjoy playing the game isn't "good enough," which is exactly the problem this game is having. There's an enormous scope of things you're able to do in and for this game; whether it be netting, warring, running a tag, doing FA, etc etc... There's the ability to log in and play for 10 minutes a day, or constantly be at the ready. That's one of the draws to this game. Your argument is drastically similar to this typical quote: "If you're tired of getting creamed by warmongers, then warprep your countries and FS!" Essentially, you're(the proverbial you, that is) just not allowing the netters to do what they want. When they don't feel like they care to have the dedication(as you have said you do) to stick it out, for better or worse, they leave.

jon316 Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 17:05:21

I find it funny that when all of Ironman's arguments had holes shot completely through them, he resorted to name calling. It's rather interesting to watch this thread and realize that Ironman is the one who is actually acting like a child and can't deal with the fact that he got completely dominated in this argument.

War is what iMag likes to do. So you challenged them to more wars. Do you think that iMag will shy away from that? You probably think they will.

Nov 27th 2010, 22:26:53

LOL!!!!

iXenomorph Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 23:38:41

RARGH! I"M BRINGING THE GRAVY!

Nov 28th 2010, 8:03:16

Bring the freaking Turkey TOO!!