Verified:

Drow Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:23:27

oh and the dec war thing?
Pretty sure that the drain it puts on every turn for 72 hours all up makes it more expensive than the land from a single grab is gaining.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:46:19

Detmer: of course it was before.. Bushel stealing went on en masse for a few sets before mehul stepped in.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:50:10

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
Detmer: of course it was before.. Bushel stealing went on en masse for a few sets before mehul stepped in.

I disagree with "en masse". Sure, it happened, but not to such an extent.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:58:09

It was a pretty big deal IIRC. The first set it took MD a couple days to kill me. The second set champagne and I went hard and we both jumped huge. We were online to stonewall and keep hitting targets but the chats killing us(I seem to recall RAGE helped kill us) dispatched both our massive
Countries in something like a minute and a half

ZDH Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:58:15

IDK what our policy is I don't know what your policy is but this is the retal policy

1:1
2:3
3:KILL

If your land fat and don't wanna get topfed...better ride with mass defence. I didn't play in 1A though I played in FFA and that was our policy and there was no fluffing on the forums non stop about it...everyone knew what the deal was.

I don't like all this confusion lol just make it quick and simple it's a game you peeps need to remember that.
-BigZ

ZDH Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 22:59:01

And btw I don't know our retal policy because I wasn't going to grab this set...and if I was grabbed i'd just let the FA's handle it and tell me how many retals to take :-p
-BigZ

Raf Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 23:44:47

Originally posted by snawdog:

As has been stated,anyone can be broken.The idea is to be the least inviting target.
If i am looking at 3 20k countries and 1 has 7mil turrets,1 with 5,and 1 with 10..You better be the one with 10.

That isn't entirely true. If i assigned different size tags SOF, SANCT and WOF for example. You would make very different decisions based on what tag is attached to the country. The alliances play a huge role on what happens and if you get grabbed or not. Not to mention if i slapped an untagged on one of those.

I don't think pursuing the Missiles/spy op Avenue is of any good. And it is of no benefit to the country that is sending the Missiles. It doesn't stop farming and will only further escalate situations.

The declaring war thing is pretty simple. It gives you an additional 10% boost on top of the PS bonus already. That is skewed toward the aggressor for every 1 jet you need 1.65 turrets to defend. Meaning i need to carry even more defense to stop your grab or retals. If my alliance can save me that extra military why wouldn't it try. If you want to be able to declare war you need to be able to enforce it.

PDM isn't in a position where it can enforce a policy on other alliances. Some of the things in your policy are major changes.

+RAF

flameo

Mar 2nd 2011, 0:26:27

Originally posted by Raf:
Originally posted by snawdog:

As has been stated,anyone can be broken.The idea is to be the least inviting target.
If i am looking at 3 20k countries and 1 has 7mil turrets,1 with 5,and 1 with 10..You better be the one with 10.

That isn't entirely true. If i assigned different size tags SOF, SANCT and WOF for example. You would make very different decisions based on what tag is attached to the country. The alliances play a huge role on what happens and if you get grabbed or not. Not to mention if i slapped an untagged on one of those.

If u have C:C, L:L retal policy, you can safely grab anyone of them regardless of their clan.

IMO, i dont agree with Spy ops as a tool for retal, as it is hard to track, however GS, BR and other form of retal should be allowed, perhaps at a rate of 1:1, non escalating, ONLY. Declare war should be removed too, unless the purpose is to have a bigger country taking retal on a GDI member.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 2nd 2011, 0:30:06

Has anyone development-side ever considered adding a "difficulty factor" into grabs? Meaning, if you've got significantly less land (which I won't attempt to define) than your LG target, you've got a lesser chance (ditto) to succeed? I know there'd need to be serious tuning to work it out well, but that might stifle most of these "topfeed" arguments, while not outright destroying the ability to do so, nor seriously hurting the game.

Just curious, really.