Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 1:47:52

...down memory lane ;)

"Mentar

User ID: 1007814 Jan 27th 1:11 PM

No, I'm not kidding. Ronnie, playing Marillion #9634 in LCN this reset, was caught multi running, landfarming and tech leeching. I showed the evidence to veteran players (not knowing, but suspecting Marillion to be Ronnie at this time), and since all of them came to the same conclusion I contacted the LCN leadership about it, who will kick him out. Here's the story bit by bit.

Today I was looking around for good grabs and realized that Pokemon Cho (#12413),

tagged "TUR" was a good one. I got a spy op, saw that he was a fully developed Theo Techer/Reseller at 10k acres,

which is really impressive for a no-name tag, and looked for clan fellows able to retal for him.

What is that? TUR is a one-member clan? Weird ... so I planned him and sent him a message asking him to contact me.

Later in the day when I thought this over I got a bad suspicion.

It requires an excellent player to get this far with a noname tag, so why isn't he in a big alliance yet?

Or maybe he is? What if this is the tech multi of somebody? I contacted our spy squad and requested an ally spy op. Here's the result:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/...s/earth/ops/9634ally.html

Wow. Marillion struck a chord in me. This was the guy who was landfarming in the early stages of the game.

Look at his news from the 10th of January and the following days.

There he farmed some multies #13775, #13776 along with some other stuff too complicated to list here.

So I decided to have our spies get some more alliance spy ops trying to find out which countries are involved as tech suppliers for

Marillion to Leech. Here is an incomplete list of them, I've found some more I was too lazy to list here:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jacobus/earth/ops

Alot of Multies in the #124xx range, and all of them share the same characteristics:

1) They are Theo Techers

2) They are pretty fat

3) They are all the only member of a one-member clan

4) They are allied with each other

5) All of them play in the same timeframe as Marillion

and the most damning one:

6) All of them skipped the 23rd of January.

Bummer. I checked the stuff with other veterans (who helped alot in the investigation, thanks alot people) and all came to the same conclusion.

So I contacted LCN leadership, and they were very helpful and responsive.

They looked into the evidence and confirmed my findings. And guess who the guy playing Marillion is?

Ronnie.

I'd have to lie to you if I said that I was surprised, just the opposite.

I had suspected him all day long and had suspected him of cheating in the resets before aswell, but I never had any conclusive evidence.

This is different now.

Ronnie, you remember our talk last reset? You said you never cheated? Damn, was I hating my talk with you then.

We had some serious fun at the beach, and then you cheat and lie into my face. This is a good day for me.

Cripple me with your multies if you wish, I don't really care. But there's one more "name player" disenchanted.

Why the hell do you have to do this? You're a great player, why can't you play fair? Do you HAVE to win at all costs?

Do you doubt your skills so much? My god :(

Anyway, I'm done now. LCN will kick him out, and I don't really care what happens to him next. Thanks alot to our spy team,

the veterans finding and double-checking the results and especially Servant and Zuraw from LCN, who were very forthcoming and helpful.

If half of Earth would be as open-minded as them, we'd live in a much better place with less multies.

Let's hope that Earth continues to clean up to become a test of skill again. I certainly hope so.

Mentar

Mentar

User ID: 1007814 Jan 27th 1:15 PM

Oops, one minor error ... the first ally spy op I requested was from Pokemon Cho #12413, to be found here:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/.../earth/ops/12413ally.html

This is the link which led me to Marillion"

P.S. Note the timestamp on the spyop files. Early 2000 and onwards...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mrford Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 1:56:29

5 didgit country numbers give me a woody
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Speaker Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 2:31:59

...down memory LAME.
*High fiving a million angels*
30 Rock anyone?

I haven't seen country numbers that big is no long I almost couldn't comprehend the number itself.

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 2:43:43

my favourite part from this msg: "and tech leeching".

tech leeching is such a crime!!!:p

Junky Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 2:53:24

I leech, after my innitial tech phase.. buahaha.. *frownie face*
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 4:00:34

Originally posted by mrford:

Glad I'm not the only one.

Pain Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 11:00:31

were multis frowned on in 1a way back then?

i know you were pretty much expected to run more then 15 in FFA back then. i just figured as much for all the other servers.
Your mother is a nice woman

iTavi

Nov 26th 2010, 12:19:56

to me too
~

braden Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 12:40:43

ronnie cheats?
that son of a fluff

i'll be posting my rd access later today as part of my temper tantrum

Patience Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 14:55:33

lol Ahhh, I miss the days of cheaters being outed on AT... *sigh* It was so much fun to surf the boards back then, and if you missed a day you missed a hundred new threads.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

ponderer Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 16:59:20

Ronnie was running as many as a dozen countries in tourny in 1998. Getting hit by 6 of them is what led me to join Omega when it was portraying itself as an "anti-cheat" alliance. I recall a lot of what was to become the core of SoF fighting those multis in tourny a few resets later.
m0m0rific

Helmet Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 18:17:09

I like posts like this. I have forgotten about so many things.

Junky Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 20:57:07

The Good Ol Ratting of Cheaters, and or just accusations of said people being cheaters is what made Earth, Earth...

now days you get called out for being a War alliance.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 21:42:57

glory days of FFA there might been 6 digits countrynumbers.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 26th 2010, 22:02:24

my first country ever in 1A was #13006 !! :)
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 22:25:10

no idea what was number of my 1st ever Earth2025 country.

snawdog Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 2:48:36

Eh..it was ronnie..what to expect?
ICQ 364553524
msn

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 3:46:29

Found another old file.

" Interview with Blood Saber posted on ENN 7/20/99

--BEGIN--

Interview with Blood Saber - Jul 20 11:48:32 by Anthony Ciolli Features Site Updates

General News

Alliance News

Clan News

Features

Humor

War!

Editorials

View Recent News

ENN: Why is Budvar still in ROCK?

Blood Saber: hmmm...how does that ignore feature work again...?

hmm, so is this how the "new ROCK" is going to work? someone finds a cheater in ROCK, and they go on your ignore list? nice.

he cheated last reset, if you find evidence that he cheats this reset, I'll be more than happy to listen to it.

Why didn't you kick him out after ROCK leadership discovered he was running multis last reset?

because unlike we will be in the future, we were not very strongly anti-multie

So why don't you show that you're anti-multi and kick out all the cheaters from last reset?

because in the past we've never told our members not to cheat, and I refuse to punish my people for something that wasn't against our alliance's rules.

So in all past resets, it was ok to run multis in ROCK without being reprimanded?

isn't that what I said in my thread on AT?

So you're not going to kick out any of the cheaters from last reset?

you pay very little attention to what people say, for a news reporter.

Hmm, so if DG and those other cheating leaders hadn't "retired" from earth, they wouldn't be kicked out? Interesting.

Is part of the reason you won't reprimand anyone for their previous cheating because you yourself ran multis last reset?

DG did something far worse than running multies, he used a bot and ran suiciders.

And I only cheated last reset by the strict word of the law, not the intent, although I didn't mention that because most people would blow me off if I tried to make excuses for myself in that post.

So you ran multis without the intent of cheating? How is that possible?

I was babysitting a country for a friend, if you want the whole story, I can tell you, but my saying it would probably sound too much like making excuses for myself, and that's the last thing I want to do. If you really think it's a big deal that I personally ran multies last reset, even after my post, I will explain in further detail

Please explain in further detail.

ok, the second country was #11006, if you still have access to a news archive, you will see that it suddenly stopped attacking, that is when my friend lost interest in the game. I kept the country alive by logging in and teching occasionally (it was a tech country)

If you'll look at the date of the post Something made about me asking Something if he could run 2 countries for me, and then look at the date that 11006 started attacking again, you'll see that Something was using it to do more than keep it alive. When I got the country back, RoCKers were being killed left and right with multies, so, as I had intended to, I gave it to someone so they needn't restart their country.

On the ROCK private forum, it was posted that ROCK had proof that Maggots and Something were cheaters. Care to share that with us? It is known that Something used multis, but what's the proof on Maggots?

I'm not sure, you'd have to talk to RS, though I think he may refuse to talk since he's left the game now

Why aren't non-cheating and well respected ROCK veterans like Chuck! made heads?

Chuck was a head, he demoted himself, then later demoted himself to leader, even though just about everyone wanted him to stay. If it makes you feel better though, Chuck said that I would make a better head than him when I was nominated for the position

Why changing the name from ROCK to Legion?

because all of the members who were in the original RoCK have now retired, and out of respect for them, we are retiring the name. We've already retired Axis and FORCE, and now RoCK

Why didn't the TIE/ROCK merger work out?

how do you know it hasn't? :)

It's public knowledge that it failed. The question is why it failed. Can you enlighten us?

I can't tell you that it failed, much less why it failed.

Many major alliances are changing leaders this reset as many older players retire. How do you feel this will change the game?

I don't think it will have very much of an impact

Why is that?

why would it?

Besides supposedly being anti-cheating, what else is ROCK/Legion going to be doing next reset?

probably fighting multies that hypocrites like Rackman plan on running

In a way don't you deserve to be hit by multis just as ROCK members hit other alliances with multis?

I don't think that anyone who ran suiciders is in RoCK right now, and I don't think that 2 wrongs make a right, especially when we are trying our best to reform ourselves

Isn't it possible that many people feel that ROCK isn't attempting to reform due to the fact that 2 multi runners are currently heads, and multi runners are still in ROCK? Would you consider promoting well-respected non-cheating ROCKers to leadership positions in an attempt to show that you are truly trying to reform?

I think that if they can point out our running any multies this reset, we'll take strong actions to stop them and if necessary kick them out for running multies. Honestly, the only person who's a known anti-multie person in RoCK who would make a good head (off the top of my head anyways) is Chuck and he demoted himself (much to my disaproval)

Would you consider asking Chuck to be a head again for the upcoming reset?

yes I would

Should that be taken as a yes you'll ask him to be a head again or a yes you'll consider asking him?

I'll ask him if he wants to be a head, and if he does, I'll propose a vote for it.

--END--"
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Shinigami Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 4:24:45

Oh god... ENN. I remember digging up some of the crap I wrote up for ENN on the way back machine one time when I was bored at work. Don't think I saved any of it though.

Patience Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 4:49:59

lol I'm pretty sure I'm the reason the TIE/RoCK merger didn't work out... Inferno was going to merge because he didn't have the time or inclination to keep leading, but he didn't have anyone to take over. So he asked me, and called off the merger when I agreed.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

BigRedDog

Nov 27th 2010, 5:03:52

i musta been like 10 here to...

BigRedDog

Nov 27th 2010, 5:04:17

i started playing the ast set of UCN

braden Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 14:57:58

not something :(

Marshal Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 20:30:51

of course it was patty's fault.

archaic Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 22:24:07

I mean its kinda cool and all, but its like a bunch of old fat people reminiscing about when they used to be skinny and hot.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Junky Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 2:45:46

I was in RSquad by then.. we had some epic wars we always lost :-P