Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 3:42:17

Originally posted by Scorba:
Most top alliance finishes have been the result of multis, FA, or other methods beyond what one country alone can do. It's the way things have always been.

Sorry, I have no recollection of Evolution countries' top finishes being due to multis, FA, buyouts, etc.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 4:25:24

Originally posted by Ivan:

I love how thomas completely ignored that I called him out on collab doing the samething last time they netted

I had to go back and read what you said because I overlooked it. I vaguely remember something going on like that, behind our backs. I don't remember the actual incident or the parties involved though. It was quite a while ago, no?

diez Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 5:48:40

Originally posted by oats:
SoF didn't do any buyouts.

LCN did the buyout, as did any other top 10 that isn't SoF.

I guarantee EVO did buyouts. Check the SDI/mil strat buyouts that happened a few days ago. WHO DID THOSE? Evo. Why don't you all get up theirs about that, huh?

are you stupid or something? check out the NW changes of all evo countries on that day. I will give my word that I will quit playing EE if you can EVER prove that evo did a buyout.

cypress Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 5:56:44

I'll go with something!

What if they just kept the cash on hand and not bought anything with the proceeds from the buyout?

diez Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 6:00:24

it's easy.

Simply check out the amount of tech sold at high prices, and compare it to the countries that lost a certain amount of NW due to him selling tech at that exact time.

oats Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 6:53:49

It's too easy to cover up. They can buy out their private markets immediately after selling tech.

They've done these buyouts enough to know how to cover their trails.

You follow the scent of FA and soon you'll be barking up the EVO/Omega/Monsters tree. They have done it intentionally. A few SoF countries have benefited because we got the brains buddy.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 29th 2010, 6:56:09

evo has done buyouts, I am sure of it!!!!!

all meant to stop suiciders or for war-related purposes, though.

but don't quit, diez :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 8:29:23

Actually Thomas yeah we did, and I came out and admitted it happened once I found out it did.

We did however apologize to Evo (one of their members was the one that finished 11th) and the community for it though cause I felt bad that that happened under my presidency. I would have forced him to drop out of the top 10 if I had known about it prior to the end of the set.

For the record, he wasnt even the highest ranked of our countries either heh.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Loafer Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 8:31:12

Seems like it's real easy to figure out who you are Thomas.

That signature is not very subtle.

SATO

diez Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 9:08:44

Originally posted by oats:
It's too easy to cover up. They can buy out their private markets immediately after selling tech.

They've done these buyouts enough to know how to cover their trails.

You follow the scent of FA and soon you'll be barking up the EVO/Omega/Monsters tree. They have done it intentionally. A few SoF countries have benefited because we got the brains buddy.

Buyouts requires a number of people buying a certain market commodity to make it work.

Are you telling me that the other 7-10 countries that are supposed to be involved in the buyout managed to somehow hide their NW changes to the slightest bit?

Ivan Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 13:57:11

I dont think SoF has any plans whatsoever to repeat this in the close future so lets just give it a rest

the choice was A trash someone else or B do this

I didnt like either of the choices and wasnt involved in it but at least you netters got to net right? would you have prefered to be tag killed?

just ignore it

ld Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 16:53:30

I dont blame anyone for FA'ing to the top. If you guys want to frown upon it so be it...that is just part of the politics of this game. If I was the 11th place guy I would still feel the same sense of accomplishment knowing that i built a legit top 10 country. There are no cash prizes for being in t10, just a pat on the back.

I was the Collab guy who was FA'd to the top10 because, as I recall it, we had one member who chose to quit because we either had a short war or killed some multies or suiciders...something that prevented him from netting and he was a war guy anyway. So he volunteered to FA instead of just leaving. I had spent a fair amount of turns attacking instead of netting so i accepted the FA to "make collab look better"

I didnt make collab look any better and in retrospect I should have personally deleted my country before sets end, but either way its not outlawed tactic in this server nor are buyouts, theyre just frowned upon... and many frowned upon me, in my own clan even, but if you want it to stop then outlaw the practice otherwise its fair game to anyclan who wants a t10 spot.

For SOF it could be an advertising scheme, for new players to see a top 3 clan in members who also have countries in the top 10 in NW and are also good warrers. Seems like an attractive place to learn the game from a new member standpoint.

that is all

ld Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 16:57:40

thanks for not killing off people who are netting Ivan, I think we all can appreciate that from war clans. At least let a netting clan know war is coming if you want to kill them, to make it fun for all involved (it is a game).

I respect that you atleast gave NA an ultimatum of war in advance... its not like you blindsided them out of nowhere. Though in their defense you were far more prepped, but everyone had a chance to have fun.

braden Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 16:58:47

i think people care far too much over these things.
if they destroyed your effort in the process, maybe, but as it stands, its a number beside the country.. the enjoyment is in building it and doing it, not looking at it afterwards with the nice number beside it?

or am i just not that vain? :P

SMz Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 17:43:25

very nice posts ld ! some one in sanct DOES get it :)

highrock Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 19:29:16

Originally posted by braden:
i think people care far too much over these things.
if they destroyed your effort in the process, maybe, but as it stands, its a number beside the country.. the enjoyment is in building it and doing it, not looking at it afterwards with the nice number beside it?

or am i just not that vain? :P

haha so people should just not care about rankings or networth and enjoy building a country just for the fun of it, no matter how crappy? =P
formerly Viola MD

trep Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 10:05:15

Does any of this matter? ;p

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2010, 11:21:33

Originally posted by Ivan:

I dont think SoF has any plans whatsoever to repeat this in the close future so lets just give it a rest

the choice was A trash someone else or B do this

I didnt like either of the choices and wasnt involved in it but at least you netters got to net right? would you have prefered to be tag killed?

just ignore it

You're an idiot so I'm not surprised you actually don't see the third option, the option that most clans who care about the game (like SOF claims it does) would take: just net the rest of the set out without doing any buyouts or FA chains
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

cypress Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 11:32:19

Is that hatred or jealousy?

crazyserb Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 19:55:14

cypress think before you post

highrock Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:07:33

i think whoever finishes 11th should just FS Sof next set.

*watches myself finish 11th*
formerly Viola MD

ld Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:28:10

I think people who do FA chains should be neglected at the end of the set for netting purposes... but you cant ban FA'ing countries in the game because of its importance in war.

So the only way to solve the problem (since mods cant just outlaw it) is to try and have all clans agree to disallow the practice. I dont really see why any clan would be opposed to this.

thoughts?

ld Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:29:26

the problem becomes enforcing the rule, but I thkn that if the majority of clans in the server vote on this rule, the mods could enforce the rule by deleting clans who were significantly FA's to the top.

on another note I think the same should go for internal farming of land

Thomas Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:31:17

Originally posted by ld:
thoughts?

Just post FA in the news like attacks.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2010, 20:36:46

One solution: Imag takes on the tag Karma, implements a fluff list serverwide and hits those people who are pissing off the most people. Typically, their target should be those that are most blamed for the "degradation of the game." This solves the "Imag warring people who don't deserve it" claim and helps implement a Karmic police as the will of the people.

For instance, SoF would probably be up there on the list this set for bullying netters into a war, hitting uNAPs and of course the market buyouts. Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

aponic Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:37:17

Wine and cheese, wine and cheese. We did a buyout to piss you people off and you just dont have the steal to do anything about it, apparently. As for Oats, he is making fun of all of you. Wake up.

If I were as creative as he is, I would have written this in a poem.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 20:43:06

Tertius: Yes, Imag should do it and not you. Way to point both fingers away from yourself. Very respectable.
SOF
Cerevisi

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2010, 20:56:59

Aponic: This is why your silly proposal for warring alliances is so ridiculous.
1) You bully netters until they fight you so that you get what you want, an easy war win.

2) You do a buyout that you know most people don't accept because you know that you can use that to bully people into fighting you, again what you want.

3) Everyone else has to stoop to your low no-skill levels to compete for the top 10, again removing the purpose of the game for those who wish to showcase their netting ability.

You are the exact example of a war alliance that is nothing but a bully. Why should netters have to continuously remove the part of the game they love so much to take care of bullies like you, especially if you do not even uphold your pacts and allow your players to topfeed in the last week of the set.

It is a part of the game that warring alliances will always get their way because the only way to change it is for someone to give them what they want, a war. So until the game changes such that we can net you into submission, you'll just continue to talk fluff.

Personally, I'd love to war you. I was thinking about warring next set anyways, and SoF was at the top of my list, but I am not interested in joining an alliance with ideals such as yours. So yesh, I think it would be nice if an alliance that does like warring would take up the mantle of public opinion for the sake of the game. I would definitely have interest in joining someone like them; so good job at skirting the issue on your high horse and trying to make it something about me.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 20:58:23

SoF guide to trolling AT:

Step 1: offer pacts to many netting alliances
Step 2: do buyouts to try to piss those same netting alliances off
Step 3: when this mostly fails, try to act superior by pointing out that the netters refuse to break the pacts that you offered
Step 4 (optional): reference knitting

Murf Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 21:15:37

lol

Prodde Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 21:19:13

Last time i checked this was still the alliance server, hence u work togehter with ur alliance to accomplish whatever u wanna accomplish.

For personal acchivements i suggest u take a look at Primary server.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2010, 22:51:25

No one is saying it is against the rules Prodde. Neither is internal farming for bajillions of acres. Or declaring war on random alliances who don't want to fight because you're bored. But none of those are healthy for the game either.

The idea is that if you remove the skill of the game, why play? With the $2B bug gone, there is really not even any organizational skill with a buy out. It's just who has more members. Maybe you want to play the zerg game of having more numbers means you're always better, but some of us like the challenge of making the most of what we have.

ld Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 23:32:01

^^

cypress Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 0:20:20

Netting is the devil!

oats Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 0:47:45

I'd like to point out that one of the best things about earthempires, as compared to earth2025, is that the admins are actively changing the game. They've changed the formulas, the framework and the boundaries.

Now you want people to adjust to them, but only in a specific way. You want to play according to the old rules and boundaries in a game where there are new rules and boundaries.

The only way you will accomplish maintaining your old, stale general rules of thumb and etiquette is to keep others from exploring what's new. You've got several routes to use to do this. You can enforce your old rules through force, through diplomacy, or you can create another route.

Whatever the case is please, God, give these people a mind to let the community grow and change rather than become an old, flaccid languishing weiner.

If you want to be the grumpy old men you can go sit down at your local Doughnut shop where you can gossip and complain about the kids with your crew of geriatrics.

dustfp Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 2:36:33

Originally posted by Tertius:
So until the game changes such that we can net you into submission

That might be just the thing we have to introduce.
As the netting-equivalent of a FS, we could have netting challenges... Obviously it would have to be initiated at the start of a set, and last the whole set. There could be (controlled) LGing/retal'ing allowed between the two clans, up until a certain point to allow for stocking/destocking. Then a winner and loser is decided by their ANW
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

aponic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 15:50:22

Tertius: SOF acts in its own interests, bravo.

As for EVO complaining that we signed a pact and then allowed our members to violate it: You were welcome to take 150% land:land as the pact stated. You jumped in networth before reps could be paid and then insisted another country with top 10 potential paid them. Tensions have always run high between the two of us and I admit that the circumstances limited both your options and ours. You may take this as personally as you want and believe what you want but the individual who grabbed you did it on his own.
SOF
Cerevisi

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 2nd 2010, 17:23:09

aponic: that's a completely different conversation, and one that doesn't make SoF look particularly good. I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

I'm talking about comments like this:

"We did a buyout to piss you people off and you just dont have the steal to do anything about it, apparently."

What do you expect the netting alliances to do? Do you expect them to break pacts and kill off #292, #213, #586, #568 and whoever else was involved?

aponic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 17:44:49

Slagpit: Tertius brought it up, not me. Please take a minute to read about 5 posts above this one.

In regard to your quote of my comment and what you should do, that is really up to you. If EVO approaches SOF for a pact then I guess my comment holds water.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 17:45:18

If not, kudos to you for taking a stand.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 17:47:36

Originally posted by aponic:
If EVO approaches SOF for a pact then I guess my comment holds water.

http://forums.earthempires.com/SeePost.php?postid=94339

Aponic == Detmer?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. ^--That really doesn't work right
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 2nd 2010, 17:51:42

I only saw the first time he mentioned it.

Have you seen an EVO leader complain about the buyouts? By the way, Ivan said that the buyouts wouldn't happen again, so unless he's lying, there's no reason for a netting tag to FS you next set.

aponic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:51:43

Slagpit: I was unaware of Ivan's comment. If you want to look at it like that then I see your point. Also, I said EVO because you had made the post, but to be fair it applies to anyone who feels they have been pushed out of the top ten unfairly.
SOF
Cerevisi

Murf Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:06:20

if the members do a buyout amongst themselves in all honesty there is nothing Ivan can do about it

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:13:52

Originally posted by Thomas:

sikabot (#292)
Don't Attack
SoF
Survival of the Fittest
Democracy

neato, new format. why did they have to flag you with "Don't Attack"?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

aponic Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:23:41

Because he copied it from Collab's website and they have SOF listed as Don't Attack
SOF
Cerevisi

Thomas Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 21:19:00

Yep.