Verified:

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:12:15

Alliance Rankings!
scott
Member Apr 15th, 2002 23:28
these are mine, they suck.
SOL is ranked too high, LCN isn't ranked 11th.
they're done by tier, because simple rankings aren't enough. chances are i'll miss an alliance, and i apologize to them because of the mistake.

RD isn't included, because they're not an alliance, they're a force of nature. being in an alliance they might have a cause to dislike is like living in California, most of the time it's nice and dandy, but sometimes you get a tsunami and then an earthquake, and then a riot besides.

Top Tier: These allianes are the cream of the crop. any one of them is a powerhouse, and have a chance of being the top alliance within a reset or two (if they are not already).

1) SoF- They will run away with total NW. They have not come close to being defeated in a war for over 2 years. They're simply the best.

2) Rage- I was rather suprised about Rage's success against Elitez. Up until this reset i had considered Elitez the second best alliance in the game, despite their various rules troubles. Rage took them apart, despite absorbing a FS (something i didn't think Rage would handle way) I don't think that Elitez today is as good as it was even 2-3 resets ago, but Rage was still extremely impressive.

3) MD- MD can fight. MD can netgain. They're underrated at the moment, and have been since they were hit by multis several resets ago, lost 75+% of their countries, had almost 100% restart rate, and finished with a 5m ANW and a solid TNW while making mincemeat of the countries who hit them. Give them another reset to build up to around 200 members, and i think a war between them and SoF would be the best hypothetical matchup anyone could ever see.

4) IX- I was kinda ambivalent when i saw Deitylords plan several resets ago to divide IX into two tags, and try to build from there. at that point they were coming off of a long war with Arrow, and they needed something to take them back to where they were at the end of 2000. they succeeded magnificently. the merger with pinoy should give them at least 50 reliable members, and they should be one of the largest alliances in the game. if their new members can reach the same quality and skill of their old members, they might be #1 within 2 resets.

Second Tier: These alliances are very high quality alliances, but lack the size and/or talent to quite compete with those in the first tier. They are forces in the game.

5) Elitez- to the whiners who complain about me ranking Elitez: It doesn't matter to me how much Elitez cheats. while they might not be as clean as most other major alliances, they still have relatively few multis (as compared to an RD, or Serbia) and they pay every reset when they babysit during a war. That being said, they can netgain extremely well, and up until this reset were fearsome during wars. they've lost a step, mostly due to member and leader retirements, and are no longer the power they used to be.

6) TIE- An alliance that seems to be on the upswing, with a very respectable average networth, and member count. The question remains though, can they fight? There has not been a war that I can remember where TIE defeated a foe of repute, and normally when they fight such a foe, they get destroyed. Once they prove they can fight, then they'll really be going somewhere.

7) Paradigm- They're big. They've proven that they can fight, albeit they have yet to fight a major alliance. They've proven that they can netgain, although they had to accept some help from SoF to win TNW. They're a solid second teir alliance.

Third Tier: This group rounds out the top 10. They're good, not great, alliances. They all lack a certain something (size, netgaining talent, war ability, panache, a sexy female figurehead) that keeps them from being better than the alliances around them.

8) Arrow- So they lost to SoF. Who doesn't? They were unable to stay with SoF the whole reset, and that is the reason why I have them ranked 8th. They bounced back fairly well this reset, and they've generally had good war performances in the past. They might not be back to where they were for several resets, but that's still to be seen.

9) SOL- only 128 members. Once upon a time, SOL was one of the largest alliances in the game. Now they're small enough that their size offsets their considerable member quality. One of the most loyal allies in the game, they are a strong force that can't be discounted.

10) New Monsters- I don't like putting an alliance that doesn't play to win in the top 10, but simply put, earth has fewer alliances clustered around the top and a lot more alliances in the middle than there were even 2 years ago. NM has 110 members, and are not only great fighters who can take a first strike and still win the war handily, but amazing netgainers who are always near the top ranks.

11) Genesis- Take NM, remove some of the fighting prowess, and add Viper and a few other leaders who do really want to win by any mean possible. Viola, you have Genesis. They're not quite top 10, but they still have a good deal of clout in this game.

Fourth Tier: Alliances of the fourth teir are still major alliances. They're just not threats on their own to the alliances in the first two teirs. They may be focused netgainers, or simply alliances haven't put everything together.

12) LaF- 83 members? I haven't seen LaF this small in a while. Granted, they're warring right now, but their average NW before now simply wasn't that great. They may be home of the genious society, but they aren't the top 5 alliance people claimed they were not too long ago.

13) Rival- 2 years ago they fought RD in their second reset and were smashed. 1 year ago they were a part of the big six, and were very impressive. They've been off the political map since. Putting together a pretty good average nw run right now.

14) LCN- No, you're not quite 11th. LCN seems to fall into the catagory of an alliance that just isn't quite capable of being a major player in earth politics. They're back on the upswing right now, but their current war isn't helping them any.

15) ICN- 128 members?! 128 members?! where the hell did they all come from? finally making a move up from obscurity, ICN and Glory both are working out a very nice merger at the moment. Now to see if it lasts.

16) Seawolf- alright, i admit it, i'm biased against Seawolf. i'm sure some seawolf member will come on here and claim they should be ranked higher, but seawolf has NEVER proven to me that they should be respected. nevertheless, 120 reasonably skilled members means they can't be ignored.

Fifth Tier: These guys are middle of the pack. They might be in the middle of a tough reset, or they might be too small to compete with the alliances ranked above them. Whatever the case, they can't keep pace with the other alliances.

17) Omega- Man, you don't even have anyone in your alliance anymore that goes after RD and they STILL hit you. another good netgaining reset ruined by multis. you're more cursed than the red sox!

18) Unknown- I forgot these guys somehow last reset. they're unknown to me, but at 73 members, and good fighting skills, they're top 20.

19) Elysium- it's pretty bad when the spinoff is better ranked than the parent alliance in the first reset. but that's what happens when the parent alliance gets hit by RD.

20) Berserk- how them restarts coming? kids, this is textbook defense of DP's at all costs. *hums "charge of the light brigade"*

21) UCN- yikes, RD hits you and you don't even restart? show some heart, guys. if Omega can do it, so can you! sure you were doing well before that, but most of your members didn't even retal!

6th tier: we've gone through 21 alliances so far and we still haven't reached the BAD alliances! this game might not have the dominant alliances of the past, but if you're looking for a good place to play, the game is rife with them! At this point, it's getting late and i'm getting lazy, so i'm sorry if i don't tell you as much as you'd like to know about your alliance.

22) DA- You have oodles of talent. use it! recruit some people, because 60 or so members just doesn't cut it these days.

23) Ragnarok- Ruthie Ruthie Ruthie, what happened? you guys were plugging along so well just a couple resets ago! now it seems like you've fallen off the pace =(

24) Iron- You beat TGA. congratulations. Now keep your leaders from posting alliance rankings that put you in top 10. you're not nearly there yet.

25) TheFist- You are good fighters and excellent gainers. Kick me for not ranking you higher.

26) CAF- Nice netgaining. now get out of the featherweight class.

27) Quebec- Quebec lives! Beltz must cower in shame!

7th Tier: We still haven't gotten to the really crappy alliances yet! most of these guys are just small, even if they have members who are always top 100.

28) Infidels- Nice netgaining. Now get some real leadership and do something for a change.

29) League- Never recovered from losing TKS years ago, but you could do worse.

30) Forsaken- Uh, you merged two 50 member alliances and get... a 50 member alliance? i love you guys, but... what's with the new math?

31) Sparta- Norcal is your daddy. Best new alliance of the reset.

32) FA- Stung by the mighty power of Viper.

33) Momentum- Stung by the mighty power of Mike011. nice netgaining to start though!

34) CWG- That's called being in the wrong place at the wrong time, guys.

35) DJustice- That aborted merger with FBI hurt you more than it hurt them.

36) TKS- So will you guys be around next reset too?

37) Militia- crawling towards respectability

38) Imaginary Numbers- the question is, can you still fight like you used to when you were first founded?

39) NeoFederation- so much for getting netgaining skill while playing in RED.

40) CCSGN- Uh, who did you fight again? no,
+Kya

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 15th 2010, 21:18:11

I feel as though I probably argued against these when they were posted

Makinso Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:20:23

43 alliances.... the good memories

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:23:42

H4xOr WaNgEr
Member Apr 16th, 2002 11:45
heh @ SOL comment
"only 122 members"
122 is a decent size, nothing wrong with that.

NM over 100 members. ICN at 130members. Seawolf 120. Heh.

Look forward to the population boom from the facebook app. We'll have great alliances like this again!
+Kya

Detmer Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:29:11

Having a list of 43 alliances makes me sad. I miss those times.

1, 2, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 25, 38, 39 are still around. Interesting how well 10-19 did compared to 1-9. (7/10 vs 4/9)

Would be great to see more of those alliances back! ;)

Makinso Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 21:31:34

Yeah ditto here Kya.

It should be great too watch happen. I think most of the community is getting ready for it. Speaking to a few alliances in the past few days and seeing them prepare waiting for the big boom :-P

Recruitement teams being set up. N00bie training divisions with active Teamleaders etc. Great to see people gearing up for what should be a nice ride to our first growth sprint.

Telstar

Aug 16th 2010, 9:01:32

As long as we're reminiscing...

http://telstar_zero.tripod.com/

My how things have changed... and shockingly, I see some things haven't. :P

I just found out that earth was shut down, and that some people moved here, and I guess everyone loved the look of the old earth forums so much that they decided to recreated it here!

torment Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 10:22:10

my goodness...where are you all popping out from?

OGT Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 11:34:28

when was this from? like what year or reset?

just curious if i wasn't playing or which alliance i was in at the time.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 12:40:32

Since we're all remembering stuff:

http://evolution2025.com/gen2.GIF

Enjoy ;)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

TAN Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 12:52:28

NukEvil, now that I see that map, I've decided to abandon my quest to revamp it. There is just too much fluff going on there!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 12:56:19

You think that's bad?

It's changed since the last time you downloaded it.

The new at-archive is a great help on firming up what happened to some of the older, less known alliances, now that it's working properly.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 23:25:56

Telstar! Wowee. What's up man?

OGT, the date's at the top April 2002
+Kya

Telstar

Aug 16th 2010, 23:34:15

Not much, just decided to check on earth to find it was gone. Then found some jolt forum thingy, then found my way here.

And, I was not surprised at all to find a 0.999... = 1 topic. It's like I never left.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 23:49:33

That's pretty much how I found this place a couple of months ago too.
You, or your never revealed alter ego should play again. The game really needs smart people. heh
+Kya

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 17th 2010, 9:27:37

NM at over 100 members i think lasted one reset

too many players for our liking lol
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

ViLSE Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 9:45:40

I worked bloody hard to get ICN up above 100 members back then.

Nice little flash back. good fun!

NoleICN Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 23:17:33

damn right you did V :D
Nole

Retired

OGT Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 13:20:10

lol too bad you don't get paid for it vilse.

ViLSE Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 14:47:04

LOL, there were a lot of people probably doing much more than I did anyway. But we did get ICN up to 220 members at the most I think. That was a bit of fun.

But that was when Gary was in charge.

Gary FOR THE WIN!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 18:21:44

I remember this post. Somehow he forgot RED; though at the time i probably would have rated us above Unknown and Berserk, so probably 5th tier; a couple months later we peaked at 130 members...
Finally did the signature thing.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 19:46:12

And then at some point I talked DaneDyn into FS'ing you guys and you surrendered within 24hours. hehehe But then later came in on our side (TIL) to assist...LCN?
+Kya

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 20:18:26

Berserk was ranked way too high there. Forsaken would've torn them a new one. His review of us at that point was way off. We had 74 tagged at that point. I would agree with what he said, about two resets later.

It's nice coming back a little older and wiser. Gives a new perspective to reflect from...in an online game. heh
+Kya

NoleICN Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 21:48:32

I really dont recall that one but the 220 members i do....
Nole

Retired

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 22:04:18

"38) Imaginary Numbers- the question is, can you still fight like you used to when you were first founded? "

This was only like a year and a half after iMagNum was founded :p

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

FrogBu Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 19:43:29

I remember when ICN had like 30 people, (pre DBD merge)

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 20:50:44

qz - nope, this was after neofed/neo red, the ICN/Rag war, etc. grelk even mentions it in his post on NeoFed. The lack of a mention of Lust makes me think this was made the reset after I left, which means RED was busy killing Berserk when this was posted, so you would have been around 60 members or so.

Though it was still probably a case of being forgotten rather then being left off entirely.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 20:54:47

This was Berserks first or second reset where they hit RD in defense of Omega. Red and Berserk fought the next reset.
+Kya

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 1:18:16

Ah... I was close then. Was this the reset of the IX-RAGE war as well then?

Which I should remember, since I was in IX at the time, but...

Unsympathetic Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 3:31:47

I remember that post. This thread is like a time capsule!

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 6:19:29

Rage (and Mehul) took out Elitez this reset.

TIL was founded this reset. Most TIL alliances netgained. I don't remember IX in any significant war this reset. The opposition came the next reset in the first TIL war.
+Kya

AoS Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 6:40:42

Damn, I think I actually played back when this was written. :P Or shortly thereafter....
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 26th 2010, 13:13:24

That's right... I remember getting into an argument with Duque over TIL and how it was the first step down the road of making wars boring and unfun.