Verified:

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 15:40:33

blah land grabbing is only going to get worse now people are doing DR`S on each other and not forgetting L:L retals its a waste of time and effort doing them>
there is no shame in being an idiot, but only if you stay one

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 16:07:42

DRing someone is just another tool of the game.

fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 16:09:33

Originally posted by Requiem:
Country:Country retals would be nice. It won't ever happn though... Too many all-x that want to run no defense.

don't be too sure about that. Country : Country retals are in PDM's retal policy already and others like the idea too
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Rufus Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 17:53:46

Originally posted by Grimm:
If we're trying to encourage land creation? Pretty terrible.
Quite so, quite so.

But how allance-wide retals prevent land creation, by the way?
I am John Galt.

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 18:09:24

cause if the country carn`t break ya they just get some one who can end of land creation.
there is no shame in being an idiot, but only if you stay one

ponderer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 18:12:01

Originally posted by Grimm:
Originally posted by Rufus:
However your second part of the idea has merit. Ok, country country retals but nuke retals are also acceptable. How's that?

If we're trying to encourage land creation? Pretty terrible.

the purpose of retals is to deter grabs on your tag, not to create land.
m0m0rific

Rufus Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 18:38:58

Originally posted by jdpanther42:
cause if the country carn`t break ya they just get some one who can end of land creation.
What are you talking about? Both the grab and the retal *create* land, by ghost acres. Doesn't matter if it is a country/country or alliance retal.

Originally posted by ponderer:
the purpose of retals is to deter grabs on your tag, not to create land.
Yup.
I am John Galt.

gwagers Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 21:03:53

If country:country retals became policy, which (as I might have mentioned in my last post) I would not support in a server based off of strength in numbers, I think there would have to be a redefinition of what is "standard retal policy." If we can no longer depend on strength in numbers, we're going to have to find some other way, no matter how distasteful, to keep predators off of our backs. And if that requires missiles, so be it.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

highrock Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 21:58:12

actually ponderer's bot idea sounds awesome. i just started playing again after a long break and i'm shocked at how hard land is to get nowadays. the things people are doing are both ridiculous and boring. all-explore is the worst thing to happen to this game.

back in the good old days i don't remember very many people running all-x countries. you either bottomfeed, middle feed, or top feed, and that made the game way more fun. bottomfeeding the multies was the best part.
formerly Viola MD

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 22nd 2010, 22:16:29

Staff already said that some form of bot was on the horizon
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 22nd 2010, 22:28:13

Should we make the bot randomly kill off a few alliances each set to make it more realistic?

Ruthie

Aug 22nd 2010, 22:41:29

As long as it doesnt hit the tags LaF wants to farm, its all good ;)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 23:03:35

a random ape fluff factor must be included

Corfu Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 0:03:30

LOL @ Slagpit.

I still think making land a marketable commodity (i.e. you can sell it on the public market - just like in real life!) would bring much vitality back in the game (although it would change the way the game is played, no doubt!)

ponderer Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 3:21:12

Originally posted by Corfu:
LOL @ Slagpit.

I still think making land a marketable commodity (i.e. you can sell it on the public market - just like in real life!) would bring much vitality back in the game (although it would change the way the game is played, no doubt!)

I like it.
m0m0rific

gwagers Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 17:39:14

I think that, also, is being discussed on another thread. I'm not sure what the consensus on that one is, though.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!