Verified:

Makinso Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 18:54:53

Seeing as how grabbing is going back and forth between tags (good stuff!) We would like to remind Earth of SOLs retal policy which is based on alliance wide escalating retals!

Alliance-wide Non Relation Retals

If multiple countries from a single alliance hit the same SOL country the following rules will apply.

- Two Attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 Hours - 3 retals (1:1 on the first offender, and 2:1 on the second).
- Three Attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 hours - 6 retals (1:1 on the first, 2:1 on the second, and 3:1 on the third hit).
- Four or more attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 hours - Choice of Retals, Farming, or Killing the offending country(s) after FR notification.

Note that both a single country hitting multiple SOL countries and multiple countries hitting a single SOL country will result in escalating retals.

Makinso Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 18:55:05

Cheers,
SOL Command

toma Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 18:56:27

do you do L:L?
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 18:57:54

What about 1 standard hit? A topfeed?
+Kya

Makinso Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 19:02:46

SOL rejects L : L

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 19:04:29

I reject this policy and substitute my own!

Also, I was told that your escalation policy also applied to two different countries from tag a that hit two different countries in tag b, not just the same country.

Was that accurate? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 19:05:08

Sounds good to me.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 19:06:01

So standard 1:1 escalating retals. Rog-o.

Cool cool
+Kya

Makinso Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 19:07:00

Not per definition no.

However it's something to consider

*grins*
*Hauls in praetor*

Back to the drawing board!@

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 19th 2010, 19:23:32

per 72 hours? hah

Jelly

Aug 19th 2010, 19:24:12

So SOL is enforcing a policy that's incomplete and aren't really sure what they are doing?

Interesting.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 19:31:15

well, you guys just over-retalled #343, as per the policy you posted :p

Originally posted by Makinso:
Seeing as how grabbing is going back and forth between tags (good stuff!) We would like to remind Earth of SOLs retal policy which is based on alliance wide escalating retals!

If multiple countries from a single alliance hit the same SOL country the following rules will apply.

- Two Attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 Hours - 3 retals (1:1 on the first offender, and 2:1 on the second).
- Three Attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 hours - 6 retals (1:1 on the first, 2:1 on the second, and 3:1 on the third hit).
- Four or more attacks on the same SOL country by members of the same alliance in 72 hours - Choice of Retals, Farming, or Killing the offending country(s) after FR notification.

Note that both a single country hitting multiple SOL countries and multiple countries hitting a single SOL country will result in escalating retals.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

bart Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 21:59:25

3 retals were made on #343
1 for the first hit:
Aug 17/10 4:05:43 AM PS Nothing rhymes with Whorement (#343) (LaF) bayou (#228) (SOL) 375 A (+331 A)
and 2 for the second hit:
Aug 18/10 4:06:09 AM PS Nothing rhymes with Whorement (#343) (LaF) True SOLdier NLS (#249) (SOL) 497 A (+298 A)

which is in accordance with our retal policy.

locket Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:12:39

Thats just 2 hits on sol, not the same sol country which is not covered in what you posted. And since I doubt there is a pact considering there are hits at all, then I would assume that retals on hits on 2 different countries would each be 1:1 ;)

Trock

Aug 19th 2010, 22:14:13

"Note that both a single country hitting multiple SOL countries and multiple countries hitting a single SOL country will result in escalating retals."

mrford Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:17:46

How many retals do I get for having to play over there last set?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 23:14:03

Originally posted by Trock:
"Note that both a single country hitting multiple SOL countries and multiple countries hitting a single SOL country will result in escalating retals."

it doesn't say that in this post? :p

I don't understand why this post was made in the first place :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:46:34

As The Omega Minister of Foreign Affairs, I hereby endorse this system of retals for non-relation hits. With the provision that untaggeds/spam taggeds should tag up because we take special license with untaggeds/spam taggeds. Basically we follow 1:1 escalating retals for non-relation alliances, but in exceptional circumstances will seek to recover our land.
-Angel1

locket Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 23:50:16

battle royallllllllllll

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 7:29:59

i think this policy would be good if it was 24 hours, which is more like the kind of policy's i remember

72 doesn't really make sense and was only used for retal on retal considerations

dagga Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 8:12:35

Pretty simple policy?

Summary for idiots/Pang:

Don't multi tap our countries.
Don't think you can grap multiple countries.

Simple and reasonable. Two things LaF policies lack.

Edited By: Pang on Aug 20th 2010, 16:22:01. Reason: homophobic insults,
See Original Post
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

iTavi

Aug 20th 2010, 9:05:54

fluffy policy
and yea if it were 24 hrs it would make sense. otherwise it doesnt. imo you should be prepared to back it up with your weapons :P
~

Hobo Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 11:19:02

LAF bears awfully similar resemblance to RD on Team server.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 12:23:16

You are just sad you got pwned Hobo :-)
Don of LaF

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 16:26:46

Originally posted by dagga:
Pretty simple policy?

Summary for idiots/Pang:

Don't multi tap our countries.
Don't think you can grap multiple countries.

Simple and reasonable. Two things LaF policies lack.

I don't know why you're being an idiot, dagga...

1) a single LaF country never hit more than 1 SoL player per 24h
2) multiple LaF countries never hit the same player. No SoL country has been hit more than once all set by LaF, to my knowledge, which seems to be SIGNIFICANTLY more knowledge than the sum of SoL's knowledge at this point.

none of these terms apply to ANY of the hits, so why you post this and claim is relevant is beyond me. It's like if I posted a new LaF policy that says "all 4-taps will be retalled with 28 retals!" but you only single tapped me.... It's all fine and good, but keep in mind that it's not actually relevant to ingame issues :p

look at the hits on SoL, now look at Maki's post... no terms were violated, should be 1:1 on each hit by the policies you have posted/have on your site.

Work on the reading, re-learn trolling skills, and maybe TRY to be a nice person, because you are just acting like a piece of fluff right now for the attitude you bring to every single one of you posts, whether it's about me or not.

Did your girlfriend leave you for your best friend or something? Are you in some kind of shame spiral? Do you have underlying depression issues? Is there something we should be doing to help you as a community? You seem like a tortured soul, based on the negative attitude you bring to these forums. This isn't just in regard to me, it's an attitude that has gotten progressively more grumpy and hateful over the years.

I worry for you, dagga, because you do not seem like a happy human being. I haven't seen you dance or spin in years... just push the hate :p

Edited By: Pang on Aug 20th 2010, 19:37:09
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thunder Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 17:06:08

Pang, that policy that Makinso had posted is no longer in effect, he grabbed Praetor and hasn't returned from the "drawing board" with a new pact yet. :P
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 17:26:05

ya, well I think the bottom line that I was aiming for is that even if people were to accept these terms as is, they do not apply to any current ingame issues that I am aware of :p

if it's just a matter of maki posting the wrong policy, that's fine... but I don't see why there is a need to flame over it when nothing has been done which would activate those terms....
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Alicia Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 17:54:22

Angel1, I believe Omega has only ever had a policy on hits like that happening within a 24 hr period. We haven't exactly had to make use of that policy in a long time, though (please don't test it!) ;)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 20th 2010, 19:20:41

now, what would be the result of a single (or two/three) member of Alliance X grabbing each country in Alliance Y only once ...
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

paladin Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 19:42:49

Originally posted by Pang:
I reject this policy and substitute my own!

Also, I was told that your escalation policy also applied to two different countries from tag a that hit two different countries in tag b, not just the same country.

Was that accurate? :p

I reject this Pang and substitute my own!
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

M0REP0WER Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 19:44:45

Pang - it clearly states within 72 hours (not 24 hours which is the usual). Which country 343 did hit 2 SOL's within 72 hours. =)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 19:56:33

Originally posted by M0REP0WER:
Pang - it clearly states within 72 hours (not 24 hours which is the usual). Which country 343 did hit 2 SOL's within 72 hours. =)

the policy doesn't talk at all about hitting DIFFERENT countries.

only the SAME countries. It says that like 5 times in maki's post :p
No SoL country was hit more than once, thus, this policy is not relevant regardless.

That has been my point all thread.... this policy is not relevant to any hits that have been made on SoL all set, to my knowledge.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

A-Rod Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 19:57:55

imo laf should kill sol for being daggatards. they don't accept 72 hr anyways, but 42. they should show sol now why they have to accept this.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 20th 2010, 20:00:53

also, I'm just looking for CLARITY on this policy... because SoL is posting one thing as policy, and then flaming about something different, it seems :p

that has been my point all thread :p

I expect some level of incoherence, but it's pretty easy to use #343 as an example of how this policy DOES NOT apply. Other pieces of policy may apply, but the terms as posted by makinso do NOT apply at all, and I don't believe they are relevant at all to any hits made on SoL all set :p

So I'm at a loss as to why one rather irrelevant piece of SoL's retal policy was posted instead of something more relevant to actual ingame issues :p
Or why the whole of the policy wasn't posted...

Edited By: Pang on Aug 20th 2010, 21:34:55
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Ivan Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 21:39:04

people have too complicated policies these days, should just be grab us and we'll fluff you up :D

locket Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 21:39:43

lol i agree with that :P at least the other new policy was straight forward :P

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 0:52:33

Originally posted by Alicia:
Angel1, I believe Omega has only ever had a policy on hits like that happening within a 24 hr period. We haven't exactly had to make use of that policy in a long time, though (please don't test it!) ;)

Alicia is right of course, our policy applied to hitting more than once in 24hrs. At any rate, we have frequently and still frequently take only minimum retals against friends. Not that we have to, but it's a friendly thing to do. Enough to get the message across that LGing us is just bad gaming, but not so much so that it's ridiculous.
-Angel1

Dragon Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 0:56:55

It's interesting that any "mainstream" Alliance even has to have such a policy.

Does no one play defense on this server?

TeckMing Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 3:09:04

Pang, maybe try to re-read maki's 1st post, this sentence is there and #343 hit multiple SOL countries twice in 72 hours so 3 retals (escalating retal) are done. Now #321 (LaF) RoR mmm

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 21st 2010, 5:31:01

what the hell?
he must have tacked that on after the initial post, and is completely contradictory to his first line:
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TeckMing Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 9:38:45

check on your own post at Aug 19th 2010, 19:31:15 that you quoted maki's post, it is there already at that time, unless you didn't read what you are quoting

Makinso Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 9:49:38

*LiCkS TTM*

It has been there all along Pang :)

Hobo Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 15:09:30

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
You are just sad you got pwned Hobo :-)

I got bored and left. Watch them close team server because 75% of it is RD, and 25% are untagged RD multies. :3

Makinso Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 22:38:03

TTT For beltshelmutz