Verified:

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 14:35:10

Need to know who forum mod is. Got a 24 hour ban and I don't know why, nor could I find any post that would justify it lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 21st 2020, 15:36:43

I think it was the post where you mocked the premium initiative. Not sure it deserved a forum ban but it didnt exactly emit positive energy as far as I recall. :)

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 16:18:38

Oh lmao. I recall something about that on Saturday night but I'll go look around

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 17:03:48

LOL, n00b
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

archaic Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 17:18:34

Seriously if the mods are banning people for making fun of Pangs endgame cash grab, this place won't be around long
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 17:47:27

Yes because a couple hundred dollars will be an endgame!

Looks at patron badge..... quietly walks off.

mdevol Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 18:45:51

hahah
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mdevol Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 18:49:00

patron = pay to win
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 18:50:14

I don't mind donating to a game that's given me entertainment for decades, we pay to watch just about anything, no? I mean...some people paid $50 for a 40 second fight.... Just saying...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 21st 2020, 19:10:41

Originally posted by mdevol:
patron = pay to win

Patron gives nothing. If you think Patron is pay to win you clearly didnt read.

Premium on the other hand gives marginal benefits as well as quality of life benefits. But its so small its hardly pay to win.

If Patron would give any ingame benefits I would have it. I will also buy it if Pang stays active and keeps doing good progress on the game. For now he will have to live on my ~$1.66/ month premium purchases. :P

sinistril Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 19:14:29

Making alpha access premium only is a giant fluff move tho

If they wanted us to purchase it, they should of added something new to the game like a limited server, not just take away our access to test strategies and formulas
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The_Hawk

Jan 21st 2020, 19:15:24

Originally posted by sinistril:

wow just saw that...

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

sinistril Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 19:20:06

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I don't mind donating to a game that's given me entertainment for decades, we pay to watch just about anything, no? I mean...some people paid $50 for a 40 second fight.... Just saying...

Yeah but at least it's a new fight everytime. We can't even get balance changes here. Being critical about the costs here is entirely fair. People have tuition, drug habits, alimony, hookers, etc to pay for. You gotta give us something new to entice us
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 21st 2020, 19:44:34

Premium includes 1 hooker a month, basic package. So assuming the standard 2/ week with full extras every other friday you end up actually saving money on that slot. I spreadsheeted it all, trust me.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 20:35:01

I like saving money on fluffs.
(•_•)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 20:44:07

I disagree wholly.

OTOH this...

limited server

...would be a cool addition.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 21:06:03

why the hell every1 wants limited server?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 21:09:46

Give the people what they want!
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Jan 21st 2020, 22:19:46

but why they want it? would be smallest server currently and market would be even worse than mehul's limited, maybe it'd be rep farmer-oilers or fasc farmer-oilers paradise since with so few players grabbing wouldn't be worth it.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 22:42:56

well if it was a small server with bots then the bot:player ratio would be high

people might like that

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 22:42:56

people might like that

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2020, 23:07:20

1) I don't care if ppl want to trash the premium -- I didn't ban 87Fresh but I also didn't see the post under discussion

2) Patron is the "thanks for running the game!" status/donation, effectively. Premium is the quality of life benefits, as Gerdler said

3) Alpha servers were effectively public because of a hole in the auth logic. They were never meant to be public, that's why they weren't in the list. I was unaware of this until a couple of months ago (I always had access :D) and added them as a Premium benefit as I had always planned to.

4) I'm happy to make a new server for Patron/Premium members if there is a good use case for it. As others have said, it would be really small and I worry the market wouldn't function properly unless we cleaned up the bot code first.

5) Hopefully we'll be able to start putting out a lot of good stuff with more developers + increased activity spurred on by the Patron/Premium work. If folks don't see it as a good value proposition that's totally fine. I also don't want anyone to feel like they need to pay for something they can't afford either!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 23:47:12

I agree and support you in the quest of making earth great again, Pang, I myself am not interested in any advantages, I'm happy with my support in order to keep having a playground for when I'm not interacting with other humans, I have a ton of alone time and this fills that gap :-)
(•_•)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2020, 23:50:22

my memory on alpha is

first it was a dev server maybe qz only, or maybe each dev had their own server, i think itwas qz.earthempires or something like that

then he started giving out access when he wanted certain things tested i cant recall what

then it was open for all

then it was closed for some reason? and reopened i thought?

didnt know it wasnt supposed to be accessible recently? every time i wanted to go there id just type alpha in place of alliance and it would auto complete, usually to alphaffa since that is more useful and the only one i used

sinistril Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 3:22:21

Originally posted by Marshal:
but why they want it? would be smallest server currently and market would be even worse than mehul's limited, maybe it'd be rep farmer-oilers or fasc farmer-oilers paradise since with so few players grabbing wouldn't be worth it.

Presumably it would have some different aspects/rules and would be immune to things like multis, suiciders would be rare, etc. Rn, I don't feel like playing any server. Only playing 1a this set because restart bonus is gone

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 5:20:01

I really wish I could find the post that got me banned lol

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 5:20:30

USD is so much in Canadian lol

tfm0m0 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 6:58:26

Marshal Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 15:19:27

Originally posted by enshula:

people might like that

bots on pay to play server? are you on drugs?

Presumably it would have some different aspects/rules and would be immune to things like multis, suiciders would be rare, etc. Rn, I don't feel like playing any server. Only playing 1a this set because restart bonus is gone

immune to multies/suiciders? wishful thinking.

Originally posted by 87Fresh:

it's been deleted. you could make inquiry to primmy to ask what was that post.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 22nd 2020, 15:35:11

Why would there not be bots on the pay to play server? If someone wants a dead market go play team server lol. It's long been the worst server in EE so we shouldnt make a replica of it.

A replica of express(slower turn rate than current express but longer game length), perhaps with tags? perhaps with 1k more turns in total? 1k more turns would allow non-techers to compete.

Josey Wales

Jan 22nd 2020, 16:02:54

I received this:

“You are banned from this server. If you think this has been done in error, please contact the mod....”

Josey Wales

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 22nd 2020, 16:12:41

Originally posted by Josey Wales:
I received this:

“You are banned from this server. If you think this has been done in error, please contact the mod....”

Josey Wales

When?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 22nd 2020, 16:30:46

Could tie it into Primary market, tourney.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 22nd 2020, 16:47:51

^Can't tie servers markets together if we allow players to play each of those servers. People will collude with themselves.

I think 10 min turns, 20 day server, with 1 bot per player. Tagged or with no tags can vary?

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 22nd 2020, 16:50:45

Originally posted by Gerdler:
^Can't tie servers markets together if we allow players to play each of those servers. People will collude with themselves.

I think 10 min turns, 20 day server, with 1 bot per player. Tagged or with no tags can vary?

That is why I did not post with team, alliance, or ffa.

But yes, you are right if someone gets motivated to bend the rules they will.

I say make it a tagged server with different rules then alliance as far as turns per min. Also, could mix up the govt stats.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

braden Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 17:51:24

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Yeah but at least it's a new fight everytime. We can't even get balance changes here. Being critical about the costs here is entirely fair. People have tuition, drug habits, alimony, hookers, etc to pay for. You gotta give us something new to entice us

Who gave sin access to my fluffing credit card history?

Hashtag totally my meth hooker.

sinistril Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 18:27:14

Originally posted by enshula:

people might like that

bots on pay to play server? are you on drugs?

immune to multies/suiciders? wishful thinking.

Originally posted by 87Fresh:

it's been deleted. you could make inquiry to primmy to ask what was that post.

Someone is going to pay to multi and then immediately lose their money? And I didn't say immune to suiciders. Learn to read

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2020, 18:53:07

Exactly what I thought LOL
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 20:23:38

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Why would there not be bots on the pay to play server? If someone wants a dead market go play team server lol. It's long been the worst server in EE so we shouldnt make a replica of it.

cuz it's pay to play and bots aren't paying.

sinistril: you are thinking too kindly on suiciders and multies, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some1 would get 2 or more patrons just to multi (it happened in mehul's limited).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 22nd 2020, 21:24:24

ROFL

Marshal is jealous of the bots.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 22nd 2020, 21:29:37

not at all.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2020, 21:54:28

Limited was my fav Earth 2025 Server out of all of them.

Clan based limited server? Yes please

Make it so

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2020, 23:52:20

i dont know if i played limited, but i remember playing silver which i think became limited

and boy was that a fluff show

we literally killed people by farming them to death because you got 20 acres min a grab, back when the min was 10 on other servers and there was no humanitarians

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 23rd 2020, 0:09:06

yeah lol I remember that, it was really terrible.

Maybe there was another limited server later that somehow was working but the one I played was terrible and I think it was so bad they shut it down eventually.

Xavier Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2020, 5:34:49

I actually enjoyed silver / limited. Ah the joys of finding silver emails for recruiting... But no, it was my main place to play... It had a small town vibe... Everyone knew everyone else, which made politics much more entertaining... Kind of like what alliance is today come to think of it!
EE Alliance
Sons of Liberty
Myrmidons
Survival of the Fittest
------------------
E2025 Alliance & Limited
Survival of the Fittest
RaZTa
Ragnarok
Survival of the Fittest 4a
Valkyries
Valhalla

87Fresh Game profile

Jan 23rd 2020, 5:37:55

<3 miss you tfm

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2020, 8:22:33

Originally posted by Xavier:
I actually enjoyed silver / limited. Ah the joys of finding silver emails for recruiting... But no, it was my main place to play... It had a small town vibe... Everyone knew everyone else, which made politics much more entertaining... Kind of like what alliance is today come to think of it!

You hit the nail on the head. I only played limited for ages, eventually I was persuaded to join alliance, for long and un-illustrious career notgaining (spelling intentional).

At least now the competition is so thin I have an outside chance at t10 :)

Marshal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2020, 20:36:01

if all current patrons would play there then top 10 would be nearly guaranteed.