i like to draw lines.

squiggly ones
re(ally)tired

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2010, 4:38:20

Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by Rockman:
Rockman please explain to me how that statement makes even the slightest bit of sense.

If you gain land from alliancemates, then you have an unfair advantage over other countries. Give a techer free land at the start of the set, and his economy will now allow him to get enough defense to bounce retals, when without the donation from his alliance, he would be breakable.

Therefore, any hit he makes on another alliance should entitle his target to retaliate on anyone from the alliance that hit him, rather than having to hit back on the specific country that hit him.

thats a retarded scenario but instead of explaining why ill ask you another question.

would you have an issue if a country in an alliance is FAed military by 3-4 of his clanmates. without the self farming that is.

It would be extremely difficult to prove the FA shipments, but yes, I would have a problem with that, too.

In Utopia, the top kingdoms didn't do kingdom:province retals, they did kingdom:kingdom retals. Earth has done things differently, but has never provided adequate justification for why that way is better.

Why should anyone in the alliance get to retal rather than just the country that was hit? Why should only the country that did the attack get retalled, rather than anyone in their alliance? Why should 1:1 retals be used, with escalating 2:1 on the 2nd hit etc? Why should land:land be used? Why should landgrabs be legit retals, but spy ops aren't legit?

It's all about whoever has the power determines what retal policies are accepted. The server will be a dangerous place if you let alliances boost one country up with FA/free land and give him free reign to grab other alliances who haven't done such a thing. The stigma against farming your alliance mates has prevented this from happening, but as the stigma wears off, I'm sure some alliances will start doing this. And then we'll have wars to determine whether or not you're allowed to feed someone land & FA to make them unbreakable so that they can grab the top countries of competing alliances without getting retalled.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2010, 5:51:07

youre taking the whole thing to the extreme.

lets say youve got someone who land traded, theyve got 30k acres and they grab another tag. just about in any case they will make back more then they lost and its not that hard to break any country in this server at any point. ill bet every clan over say 15 members has at least 1 country that could buy up enough to retal any country in this server. so your advantage goes out the window. not to mention who nets with so much military that noone could break them? thats bad for business.

and for the time ive played utopia it was NEVER accepted that you could retal any country in the opposing kingdom that grabbed you. certainly under no circumstance aside from some type of FA agreement would that EVER fly in any earth empires clan server.
Your mother is a nice woman

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 19th 2010, 5:55:59

People are already being fed land from the clanmates and then using that advantage to try to outrun retals.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2010, 5:59:57

maybe this early in the set that might be possible but not in a week or 2 it wont
Your mother is a nice woman

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2010, 7:22:49

lol RD pushing sof around now? That guy had retalled essentially for land to land already and then hit him again for 1115 acres :P

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2010, 7:23:38

hmm looks like fun both ways there

Junky Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 0:35:12

I'm against it, but as I see it.. interclan farming, maybe better then outerclan farming... from a stand point that it doesn't scare people away... I don't grab people... mainly because I plan to war every set... but if I was netting I'd either be a retaler, or just an explorer.

Farming in itself is bad.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 0:49:25

maybe this early in the set that might be possible but not in a week or 2 it wont

And if you're a good player, you're done grabbing in a week or two.