Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:10:29

ANW only a fool would bet against EVO. For TNW I think only a fool would bet against OMEGA, but I am such a fool=)!

mrford Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:12:10

tool*
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

dustfp Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:12:33

pool*
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

diez Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:24:34

evo will sweep both :p

Havoc Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:30:31

Evo will most certainly get ANW.. should be close for TNW.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Alicia Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 0:47:53

Evo for ANW-- no contest. TNW I dunno!

dustfp Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 1:07:28

collab for runners-up!
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

highrock Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 1:29:57

so who's going to take the top spot? i think it's #37 easily unless Sof can carry #292 even more. is #37 the same guy who won last set?
formerly Viola MD

ponderer Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 1:41:50

I'd be surprised if Evo didn't take TNW. They just have too much land, and seem to like to jump later than Omega.
m0m0rific

SMz Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 5:03:05

17:04 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 100 A (+ 43 A)
17:03 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 141 A (+ 110 A)
17:02 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 144 A (+ 112 A)
17:01 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 166 A (+ 179 A)
17:00 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 172 A (+ 181 A)
16:59 10/26/10 SS Ossevo (#18) (EVOdiez) Odontochelys (#305) (EVOdiez) 177 A (+ 185 A)

i like evo's tactics :)

diez Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 5:05:59

... and I like tactics of people who can't properly netgain.

Havoc Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 5:06:55

*farms smz for his drugs*
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Dragonlance Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 5:10:26

unless there is a massive jump in NW i would have been top 10 if not for ravi...

=(

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 5:13:22

You netgain like your mother fluffs. Technically bad, but with great enthusiasm.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 5:14:37

Are you Makers Mark and Coke (#393)?

I'll also say that I'm disappointed in EVO to see so much intertag farming. None of the other currently netting alliances felt the need to do it.

Edited By: Slagpit on Nov 30th 2010, 5:20:16
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 6:12:51

393...the country who finds it fun to landgrab laf after their war and while they are pacted. Nice to know its dragonlance.

SMz Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 9:14:09

diez - and i like hypocrit ppl that claim their country is 1000% legit , like evo members.

Loafer Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 10:29:23

Didn't evo do the buyouts as well?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 12:14:56

why are buyouts bad? i think they show good teamwork on a game that promotes team play.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Corfu Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 13:08:49

Loafer - EVO did not do any buyouts.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 13:49:10

Originally posted by iZarcon:
why are buyouts bad? i think they show good teamwork on a game that promotes team play.

Imagine, for the first time in your Earth career, that you're finally going to get a top 10 spot in Alliance. You've spent weeks perfecting your rep/farmer strat, you've sweated bullets when that certain other alliance started landtrading with your clanmates, you've coordinated with your clanmates when they should clear bushels, etc. You've sacrificed a bit more than you normally would for your country, and you're finally proud to have done it all on your own. Your country is the best you've ever given to this game. You're sitting pretty in 9th place, and you have a bit more cash on hand, and you and everyone else around you is cheering you on, confident that you'll end up with a top 10 spot.

After suppressing the gag reflex, imagine, on the last day of the set, that your nice and beautiful country is suddenly shoved out of the top 10 for good. Two countries from an alliance you either know is shady or participated in war that reset, have suddenly appeared in the top 10, squeezing your pride and joy out of the top 10. Spy ops on the offending countries show that they clearly had help, and lots of help, mostly due to the fact that they're ran by players who couldn't get a top 10 by themselves if their penis size depended on it.

Yes, your country has been sent to the pages of the "I almost had it" history book, by a tactic that promotes less skill than it takes to hit the ground after jumping off a cliff. You recall oil prices or tech prices skyrocketing a few days ago, and, with a burning sensation in your face (you perverts), you realize that, for all the skill you have and for all the time you spend in playing this game, you can still be bested by people, who spend hardly any time or have any skill whatsoever in this game, that simply had their buddies buy out whatever good they placed on the market, netting them a nice bank of cash in return.

Netting should take skill, and should reflect the skill of the individual, as well as that of the alliance. That last part is important. Any Joe Blow clan can put a single country or two in the top 10 if they have enough members willing to finish lower in the rankings by buying out parts of the market so one of their buddies can feel good about themselves. But that costs the entire alliance in statistics that reflect rather poorly on that alliance. Sure, they may have one or two guys in the top 10, but that ANW of theirs will clearly show everyone else that that alliance did little more than basically FA the guy to the top 10, and pushed a skilled player out.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

diez Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 16:03:20

Originally posted by SMz:
diez - and i like hypocrit ppl that claim their country is 1000% legit , like evo members.

I would love to buy you a mirror :D

ponderer Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 16:40:31

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Imagine, for the first time in your Earth career, that you're finally going to get a top 10 spot in Alliance. You've spent weeks perfecting your rep/farmer strat, you've sweated bullets when that certain other alliance started landtrading with your clanmates, you've coordinated with your clanmates when they should clear bushels, etc. You've sacrificed a bit more than you normally would for your country, and you're finally proud to have done it all on your own. Your country is the best you've ever given to this game. You're sitting pretty in 9th place, and you have a bit more cash on hand, and you and everyone else around you is cheering you on, confident that you'll end up with a top 10 spot.

After suppressing the gag reflex, imagine, on the last day of the set, that your nice and beautiful country is suddenly shoved out of the top 10 for good. Two countries from an alliance you either know is shady or participated in war that reset, have suddenly appeared in the top 10, squeezing your pride and joy out of the top 10. Spy ops on the offending countries show that they clearly had help, and lots of help, mostly due to the fact that they're ran by players who couldn't get a top 10 by themselves if their penis size depended on it.

Yes, your country has been sent to the pages of the "I almost had it" history book, by a tactic that promotes less skill than it takes to hit the ground after jumping off a cliff. You recall oil prices or tech prices skyrocketing a few days ago, and, with a burning sensation in your face (you perverts), you realize that, for all the skill you have and for all the time you spend in playing this game, you can still be bested by people, who spend hardly any time or have any skill whatsoever in this game, that simply had their buddies buy out whatever good they placed on the market, netting them a nice bank of cash in return.

Netting should take skill, and should reflect the skill of the individual, as well as that of the alliance. That last part is important. Any Joe Blow clan can put a single country or two in the top 10 if they have enough members willing to finish lower in the rankings by buying out parts of the market so one of their buddies can feel good about themselves. But that costs the entire alliance in statistics that reflect rather poorly on that alliance. Sure, they may have one or two guys in the top 10, but that ANW of theirs will clearly show everyone else that that alliance did little more than basically FA the guy to the top 10, and pushed a skilled player out.

Sucks doesn't it. Too bad you put all that work into an individual country on an alliance server, and your alliance isn't willing to pitch in to keep you in the top ten. Alliances don't just pick a name out of the hat to benefit from a buyout - they pick the country with the best chance - in other words, the one that has been the most well run, the most skilled.

Buy outs for top players are an older concept in this game than tags - as I said on the other thread, this is a group achievement game, not an individual one. If you want to make a stink about it, then credit the entire alliance with the top finish rather than the individual, but the fact is, they have done nothing against the rules, and nothing against the spirit of the game.

If you can't handle missing out on the top ten (and keep in mind there are ten spots in the top ten, not one) because someone's alliance was willing to sacrifice their total networth to push a single country into the top ten, then quite frankly, you're netting on the wrong server.

If someone benefited from a buyout in primary or express, I would be appalled, but we aren't talking about either of those servers.

Beyond that, you're on the development team. If buyouts are so morally repugnant to you, and you feel that they are exploiting a hole in the game, fix it. Put measures in place to make buyouts impossible, or at minimum less profitable. If a commodity has been bought to the point where only one country has it available on the market, freeze it, or have the game supply half of it to cut the effect of a buyout in half.
m0m0rific

aponic Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 16:42:47

If you don't like market buyouts then you should kill the offending country. That is what I would do.
SOF
Cerevisi

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 30th 2010, 16:46:12

it's true:)
martian approves of this thread.

and for the record, nukevil only does programming relating to the forums, not the game.

many netting tags do buy outs too. Besides, there are multiple ways to disrupt said buy outs or take advantage of them yourself. It's just like if you are a netting tag and you buy up all the oil to take advantage of when someone wars.. sort of:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

de1i Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 16:48:58

Originally posted by ponderer:
Put measures in place to make buyouts impossible, or at minimum less profitable. If a commodity has been bought to the point where only one country has it available on the market, freeze it, or have the game supply half of it to cut the effect of a buyout in half.

Would love to see an in-game poll results as to whether or not the majority of the serve would approve this or not.

Ivan Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 17:41:57

Id be all for it

Shinigami Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 19:05:36

The idea amuses me. Do it =)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 19:14:07

Looks like the omega has 5 or 6 inactives, so I can't see one of the two winning ANW but not TNW.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 22:43:21

While it's true there was some "internal farming", you'll note it was on a country that was about to detag; because land is so hard to come by, we figure it's better to have our tag begin the land extraction process before the detagging occurs, given it was in fact gathered within our tag; no sense in giving a free ride to the nearest scavenger.

More legit than other things! :)
Finally did the signature thing.

anoniem Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:01:48

evo r iz cheat0rz
re(ally)tired

oats Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:18:20

[quote poster=NukEvil]

.... you've coordinated with your clanmates when they should clear bushels, etc. You've sacrificed a bit more than you normally would for your country, and you're finally proud to have done it all on your own.

You've just described a market buyout. Does EVO admit to buying out the markets for their guys?

oats Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:19:47

BTW, I don't know of any SoFer who is buying out the bushels for their clanmates. We don't participate in such obvious market aiding because we enjoy a level playing field when it comes to netgaining.

Does EVO send this type of market aid? SoF does not.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 23:22:07

market aid? you mean like clearing $39 bushels? not usually... but we do have late stocking cashers who are vacuuming up the $39 bushels... though sometimes demos will just do it for the heck of it, or if somebody is online and needs it
Finally did the signature thing.

highrock Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:22:38

bushel clearing is not the same as a buyout because the countries doing the buying are not losing any money/NW.
formerly Viola MD

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 30th 2010, 23:28:38

go work on your knitting oats

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 23:30:08

Errrmm...you must not be very familiar with netting, then.

See, in just about every netting clan in existence, near the end of every reset, there's at least one member that goes demo instead of theo, because of the 0% commission. When bushels go below floor price, the demo can buy those bushels up, then resell them at or slightly above the floor price and make a small profit. Every now and then, the demo may buy all the floor price bushels and leave the bushels at just above floor price, thus benefiting every player with bushels sitting at $40, because then people will have to buy them. Basic netting 101. If EVO doesn't clear bushels, someone else will. But players in all alliances with bushels at $40 will benefit.

It's not a buyout if you don't buy out the market :P
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SMz Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 0:25:25

clearing bushels = farming ur tag = oil buyout = FA

amounts might be diffrent , but its ALL legit FA :) so evo can't claim thier countries to be legit. they are amazing netters but no country can be legit today in earth's state ~_~

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 0:30:53

SMz: why do you assume that every country needs its bushels cleared? My country, for example, did none of those things. For someone who boasts about his skill you seem unable to grasp the most basic of netting concepts.

Edited By: Slagpit on Dec 1st 2010, 0:32:54
See Original Post

highrock Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 0:40:18

clearing bushels = farming ur tag = oil buyout = FA

amounts might be diffrent , but its ALL legit FA :) so evo can't claim thier countries to be legit. they are amazing netters but no country can be legit today in earth's state ~_~

FA = one or more countries transferring money/NW to another country. The donor countries lose money/NW when doing this.

Therefore:

clearing bushels - not FA
farming tag - FA
oil buyout - FA
formerly Viola MD

SMz Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 1:32:54

clearing bushels for no profit hurts demos it doesn't help them since the amount u can sell on ur priv is limited.

i never talked about my skills slagpit , i think ur smoking more weed then i do ;]

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 1:39:27

clearing bushels for no profit hurts demos it doesn't help them since the amount u can sell on ur priv is limited.

lawl good point!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 1:43:47

I guess you netting experts didn't realize that we removed all of the 2 billion limits.

highrock Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 1:50:11

and there's no PM sell limit...
formerly Viola MD

SMz Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 2:01:58

well there was! when i was last playing the game highrock ~_~

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 2:05:30

hump meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shinigami Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 15:00:40

Hmm... we had Apolyon do a one man troop buyout!

Yeah...

Loafer Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 16:04:50

Corfu, I'm pretty sure they did. It's been all over the place by now, not just the same people talking about it over and over.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 16:10:37

Originally posted by Loafer:
Corfu, I'm pretty sure they did. It's been all over the place by now, not just the same people talking about it over and over.

Please list the EVO countries involved in the buyouts, with evidence accompanying each.

If I remember correctly, there were a few SoF countries listed...

locket Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 19:44:09

It is obvious who plays in a war clan in this thread.