Verified:

ponderer Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 21:21:31

Looks like SoF has bought out the entire public market to nefariously take over the top ten.

Proof:

[15:11] <damatt> we are buying out everything!
m0m0rific

Murf Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 21:57:21

lol

oats Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:09:24

hide yo` turrets! hide yo` jets! hide yo troops cuz we buyin` out everything `round here!

Havoc Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:24:33

so dumb so dumb so dumb sooooo
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

aliyah Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:38:14

ROFL!
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:40:54

haha sof is so funny good one guys
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

cypress Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:54:20

LIES!

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 22:54:33

Thx for the extra $1.2bil from buying my $7500 military tech. And with my PM stocked like it is, my ending nw should be...

...just under my alliance's ANW...

...crap.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

cypress Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 23:16:11

Netting is the devil!

gwagers Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 0:29:32

Originally posted by cypress:
Netting is the devil!

Well, that explains why it's so tempting... *wants to net but doesn't dare*
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Thunder Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 4:29:51

You know...this is exactly what working together as an alliance is meant to be. If you want to help one of your guys try and get a win for your alliance to have bragging rights...then do it. Its a selfless act when members volunteer to help accomplish a feat like that. I see nothing wrong with this and if you do, then you are obviously in an alliance where the members only care about their own countries. Nice work SOF. :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 4th 2010, 5:44:56

Or... you could help teach all the players of your alliance how they can make the most of their land, make the efficient decisions, and end with a top networth so they can be proud of their own achievement while celebrating and supporting the alliance's goal of TNW and ANW.

In my opinion, sending one or two names to the top doesn't make SoF look good, and it didn't require any effort or teamwork. The only skill required is to be able to convince enough people to do the work for you and buy up all of a particular commodity. With the $2B bug gone, there is no planning. One person sells, the rest buy. One selfish person gets the "glory" of being at the top, and the alliance fails at all of the alliance rankings, but hey, no one cares about that here, this is just the Alliance server, right?

The Monsters have the right idea in their recruitment. The accomplishment is in the teaching. Allowing others to be able to compete at a higher level makes the whole game better: for the alliance and for the level of play. Using lame tactics to bypass the competitive portion of the game helps no one, and it won't impress anyone either.

Congrats on rank 6 ANW, SoF. You deserved it.

crazyserb Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 5:58:58

Tetrius is right, the only bragging right SoF gets from this is the fact that they can pull of a buyout, but thats about it, also no true netter should get upset and should just ignore SoF tagged countries from the list

just my opinion, relax.

cypress Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 6:29:07

Wooohoo, rank 6 ANW - SoF rocks!

K_L Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 6:44:45

Our Alliances was small and its stock and cash inadequate. We were not prepared for cashing
with a Great Powers. While our brave member were defending our countries we had by
insuperable efforts to procure what we lacked. We had to construct turrets of defense where
there were none. We had to try to obtain help, which failed to come. We had to find oil and bushels
at a time when all the countries were feverishly stocking against the storm which sweeps over
the Earth. Your heroic deeds have aroused the admiration of the AT,
but after three and a half week of stoking we are still almost alone.
We have not obtained more foreign help than two reinforced battalions equipped with turrets
and jets for our stocks, where our own men, cashing day and night without the possibility of
being relieved, have had to meet the attacks of ever fresh enemy forces,
straining their physical and moral powers beyond all limits.

ponderer Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 16:20:27

Originally posted by Tertius:
Or... you could help teach all the players of your alliance how they can make the most of their land, make the efficient decisions, and end with a top networth so they can be proud of their own achievement while celebrating and supporting the alliance's goal of TNW and ANW.

In my opinion, sending one or two names to the top doesn't make SoF look good, and it didn't require any effort or teamwork. The only skill required is to be able to convince enough people to do the work for you and buy up all of a particular commodity. With the $2B bug gone, there is no planning. One person sells, the rest buy. One selfish person gets the "glory" of being at the top, and the alliance fails at all of the alliance rankings, but hey, no one cares about that here, this is just the Alliance server, right?

The Monsters have the right idea in their recruitment. The accomplishment is in the teaching. Allowing others to be able to compete at a higher level makes the whole game better: for the alliance and for the level of play. Using lame tactics to bypass the competitive portion of the game helps no one, and it won't impress anyone either.

In a set where the entire alliance ran fighting strats, I'd have to disagree with you. Two of those top three SoF were with me in the m0m0 alliance, which kicked behind as a netgaining alliance 7 years ago. One of the two has been playing for 60% of his life, and has a better grasp on how the game works than just about anyone else I've talked to. Just because they are in alliance that chooses to fight, and are willing to play strats that are not ideal to net to be good members of said alliance does not mean that they do not know how to net. In my opinion, having most of their membership made up of players with great netgaining ability is what made SoF the greatest fighting alliance in 1a history in their glory days, and much of their recent growth has been driven by the return of those players. This is not the SoF of the recent past that struggled to maintain 30 members. While they can't compete with the top 3 or 4 netgaining alliances for ANW, their top 6 or 7 players (if they chose to net) could compete with the top 6 or 7 netgainers in any alliance.

The third has done quite well netting in his own right, even if he does sometimes open mouth and insert foot.
m0m0rific

braden Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 16:27:38

hombre will have been one of the first people to actually try to teach me how to netgain

m0m0 was a lot fun, but a little childish.. you know its bad when I am saying that :P

fantastic netgainers, though, regardless.

Klown Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 16:33:11

The problem with buyouts on the alliance server is this:

If it becomes common practice, in order to win the game, your alliance has to do a buyout. The game then becomes which alliance can do the best buyout. This then destroys netting as we know it.

Chevs

Dec 4th 2010, 16:51:01

lets not forget SoF warred NA for 3 weeks in the middle of the set blowing massive amounts of stock.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

aponic Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 17:33:28

Klown: setting up goods at high prices would easily stop this, and greatly benefit the person doing it. All anyone needs to do to stop this is to simply put up tech or oil at a very high price. People will be waiting for it next set.
SOF
Cerevisi

mrford Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 21:42:43

Yeah

I could see alliance wide blocking stocks. It would be pretty interesting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 4th 2010, 22:40:58

y'all just jealous that you ain't good enough to buy it out before SoF buys it out. recruit some more players so that SoF's majestic influence over the game gets diluted.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Link Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 8:58:57

LOL
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

diez Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 12:06:08

Originally posted by ponderer:

In a set where the entire alliance ran fighting strats, I'd have to disagree with you. Two of those top three SoF were with me in the m0m0 alliance, which kicked behind as a netgaining alliance 7 years ago. One of the two has been playing for 60% of his life, and has a better grasp on how the game works than just about anyone else I've talked to. Just because they are in alliance that chooses to fight, and are willing to play strats that are not ideal to net to be good members of said alliance does not mean that they do not know how to net. In my opinion, having most of their membership made up of players with great netgaining ability is what made SoF the greatest fighting alliance in 1a history in their glory days, and much of their recent growth has been driven by the return of those players. This is not the SoF of the recent past that struggled to maintain 30 members. While they can't compete with the top 3 or 4 netgaining alliances for ANW, their top 6 or 7 players (if they chose to net) could compete with the top 6 or 7 netgainers in any alliance.

The third has done quite well netting in his own right, even if he does sometimes open mouth and insert foot.

If they are real netters in heart, then they shall know that there are hundred others out there who worked hard to get better networth + rank on their own.

A great netter doesn't necessarily finish top every set.

Ivan Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 15:10:06

Indeed