Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 13:39:47

I think its safe to say that truly the end is near. The server is almost 30% bots. Less than a handful of people left on AT and nobody has the time or energy anymore to war... We are just running numbers for no real purpose... We all know who is the best to net, we know who used to be good at war.

We should finish the game on what positive notes are left, instead of letting it die out to nothing...

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 14:23:21

Nah, let it wither away until there's like 2 people and the rest are bots.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ninong Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 14:31:08

still 9 years away from 2025
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Vic Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 15:29:30

heard this one a few times before heh

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2016, 15:38:21

What I want to know is whobthe fluff was Denver's QB and why did you let them win. They. Needed to lose so #Chiefs can beat them

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2016, 15:38:54

Wrog post *walks away in shame*

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 9th 2016, 16:01:08

Oh one of these posts again....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 9th 2016, 16:44:04

mrcuban is also the guy who's said he wants to rip off EE and steal our userbase, so this post seems quite self-serving to keep planting the seed of demise :p

like I always say, the costs are easily covered so the server's not going anywhere. our focus is on API stuff (when we do find time to put into it) thus the focus on bots.

the sky's not falling, revenue is solid and the userbase seems more or less stable overall. please stop making these threads and instead try to better & build the community for this server if you actually care about it.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2016, 16:49:25

Yeah, stfu mrcuban!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

lordkirby208 Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 17:02:15

Originally posted by Pang:
mrcuban is also the guy who's said he wants to rip off EE and steal our userbase, so this post seems quite self-serving to keep planting the seed of demise :p

like I always say, the costs are easily covered so the server's not going anywhere. our focus is on API stuff (when we do find time to put into it) thus the focus on bots.

the sky's not falling, revenue is solid and the userbase seems more or less stable overall. please stop making these threads and instead try to better & build the community for this server if you actually care about it.

+1

m4z Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 17:52:09

Originally posted by lordkirby208:

+1

+2

Edited By: m4z on Sep 9th 2016, 17:54:21. Reason: Buttons
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 9th 2016, 18:29:04

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Hardy Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 18:32:54

+4 because galleri doesn't know how to count to 3

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 9th 2016, 18:33:49

I just like to quote :P

Marshal Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 19:28:41

30% are bots?

anyways game ain't dead and still some new players wander and play.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2016, 20:57:53

You're an idiot MsCuban.
LUST sucks.
Catch me on ir c

Neofight Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 22:21:56

Hi,

Me new.

Junky Game profile

Sep 9th 2016, 23:26:11

Earth died along time ago.... we're playing Zombie earth 2025... zombies are still a thing right?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

lordkirby208 Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 0:05:00

hence the bots ;)

mrcuban Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 0:07:00

@pang you know the definition of insanity right? Continually trying to help someone (ee developers) be better and seize an opportunity, and yet they(you) insist on not changing and leaving this status quo. Again you took my previous comments out of context, but Ill keep refering to the above comment about refusing to see change is needed.

PS covering a lowendbox, linode box or even a home server is hardly a reason to keep the lights on.

Anyways just delete this thread. Clearly the last remaining 10 AT members on this thread are so HAPPY with how everything is no change is needed.

We should change the game name and game guides to remove all the war section as well. You couldnt even arrange an arranged war because there is no activity and people don't care enough to be more active to war...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2016, 0:51:28

well, there's more to this game than the Alliance server, eh? "take out the war part" isn't a constructive idea and you know it, lol.
straight up, you've been insulting in the past (and now) and I don't think you have this game/community's best interests at heart.

also we keep things going because we have great affinity for the game and community (probably because we were awkward teenagers when we started playing :p). same reason we made this game in the first place :) we both feel bad we can't dedicate much time to it, but life is infinitely more busy when we started out. like I said, I've dabbled on the REST API a little bit (discussed a few month ago on AT) as a catalyst for other development and qz has been working on bot stuff in his downtime and we'll see what the future holds.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Havoc Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 0:54:40

I like earth how it is at the moment, fun and fairly competitive netgaining.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2016, 1:04:23

Originally posted by Havoc:
I like earth how it is at the moment, fun and fairly competitive netgaining.

ya, we get far more people saying "thanks" than threads like this. glad you're enjoying it! :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2016, 1:05:02

When we are done with our 134 players arranged war Im gonna come after you MsCuban <3
Catch me on ir c

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2016, 1:11:39

I'm not joining whatever clan that cuban feller is in...

Keep up the good work, Pang & company!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Link Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 2:39:30

Pang!
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 2:40:03

Come to primary so I can farm you please.
The EEVIL Empire

albob Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 2:54:21

hmmm this has

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

albob Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 2:54:49

hmmm

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

mrcuban Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 2:56:48

Pang I have never insulted anyone in this game personally. If your interests were truly for this game you would separate yourself personally and realise not changing or adapting isn't in the best interest for this game.

I too have been playing this game for over 10 years and have seen it's rapid decline. I have seen it's high points with huge activity and incredible server wars. I've witnessed excitement in this game, something that has been long gone.

I have seen attitudes and egos drive smaller clans and players from this game for years, players trying to dictate how this game should be played.

I have recruited, I have invested a fluffload of time into this game.

I've only ever put suggestions into this game including developer discussions with qz for the good of this game. Anyone who actually knew fluff would know my intentions has only ever been for the GOOD / continuation.

Say whatever you want, I don't need to highlight anything that the country count doesn't say for itself.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2016, 3:21:19

I'm not going to engage in a back and forth, but I went through your post history quick and see exactly one constructive "suggestion" post: talking about how clan leaders should adapt a different political "war" system.

But prove me wrong that you want to help through your attitude and actions. Threads like this have the opposite effect and I'm certain you know that.

Edited By: Pang on Sep 10th 2016, 3:27:45
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Heston Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 3:28:35

The game should be physically interactive. You should be able to punch a ruler of a country in the face with spy ops. Perhaps that would bring in new blood.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 10th 2016, 3:34:22

Originally posted by Heston:
The game should be physically interactive. You should be able to punch a ruler of a country in the face with spy ops. Perhaps that would bring in new blood.

Or throwing shoes!

But that's one of the things the API could make possible -- building your own UI that re-maps spyop names! Anyway, if you want to make legit ideas put them in another thread or on B&S. I lurk B&S as much as AT :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Sep 10th 2016, 3:37:44

Originally posted by mrcuban:

You couldnt even arrange an arranged war because there is no activity and people don't care enough to be more active to war...

cannot wait until you insert foot into mouth next week......
I love when people think they know what is going on in EE politics.
Sit. the. fluff. down

Link Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 3:42:25

i love this game.. thank you pang and co. for not letting it die with 2025
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2016, 3:55:40

mrcuban how about you do something to help the game vs. making a post saying how it is dead? Last time I checked they let anyone code a bot...

Marshal Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 10:28:16

ADD VIRTUAL REALITY!!!

imagine sitting in front of computer and watching how troops march or jets fly or tanks roll or missiles explode when they hit on target or are stopped by sdi.

elvesrus

Sep 10th 2016, 11:30:42

Or throwing shoes!

Daniel Cormier plays EE?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2016, 11:46:12

Originally posted by Link:
i love this game.. thank you pang and co. for not letting it die with 2025

Same here
Just shut up and have another beer

Ruthie

Sep 10th 2016, 13:54:31

^ that
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 14:37:59

yea if no ee then we would need to something productive.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2016, 15:38:46

Originally posted by Marshal:
ADD VIRTUAL REALITY!!!

imagine sitting in front of computer and watching how troops march or jets fly or tanks roll or missiles explode when they hit on target or are stopped by sdi.

Get to work then come on man

Kat Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 17:38:37

I love this game. Also... I totally wanna play in the year 2025. I am a cheeseball like that, so even if it's just me and like five other people, I'll still be here, annoying peeps.

All the effort put in by people behind the scenes is way more time consuming than most people might think. I, for one, appreciate it and totally understand how life gets in the way sometimes. I know i'm not the only person who feels this way and people like mrcuban are completely in the minority.

<3

DStone Rocks Game profile

Sep 10th 2016, 17:53:14

These type of games have a natural life span, there's not much the developers can do at this point. Same thing happenned to astroempires, except the devs tried to make big changes and made it worse. Thanks for some good years ee peeps. I'll linger for a lil while :)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 11th 2016, 13:46:31

Originally posted by DStone Rocks:
These type of games have a natural life span, there's not much the developers can do at this point. Same thing happenned to astroempires, except the devs tried to make big changes and made it worse. Thanks for some good years ee peeps. I'll linger for a lil while :)

That's one of the big worries for ideas like "add graphics!" or the clan leader mechanic changes I proposed a few years ago. It changes the game so much from what people like today. Maybe it'll be an improvement, but maybe it'll just drive away people who like what we have today.

But like I said on the other thread about API/bots a month or two ago, building a proper RESTful API gets us onto a track where we can look at doing a more modern and mobile-friendly UI and get non-staff developers involved (we've been burned a lot by staffers who abused their access to the main codebase).
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Dissident Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 15:39:19

Mrcuban doesnt know what hes talking about. Sof has warred in competitive and hard fought wars for the last half a year at least. Sol in many. Md in many. Evo has warred, imag has warred, oma, stones is in a constant state of war, and elders wars every set whether people like it or not.

For me, the game is more exciting than it has been in a while... but thats probably because ICN is gone and Elders are awesomesauce.

If the game sucks for you, then it has more to do with the people youre playing with than the game itself.

myerr21 Game profile

Sep 11th 2016, 16:53:57

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Marshal:
ADD VIRTUAL REALITY!!!

Get to work then come on man

Im getting my Oculus later this week, I just really hope that my computer can handle EE.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2016, 16:57:54

Originally posted by myerr21:
Im getting my Oculus later this week, I just really hope that my computer can handle EE.

+1
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 11th 2016, 18:46:45

I think the game devs should get a proper bug tracker instead of the b/s board for bugs, and should get a git hub to check in and check out code to help code the game.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Sep 12th 2016, 0:00:52

I play the game because of the people and I try to recruit who I can from other games
Mercs
Natural Born Killers