Verified:

Watcher

May 8th 2012, 10:13:21

The count is at 6, likely looking to hit 10 by the end of the set.

How is this benefiting the game as a whole?

dagga will be here to tell you that LaF are all cheaters, but If we were to believe that, are the Admins that incompetent to remove, and scrutinize this group of players which just had two members banned for cheating?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:16:27

how many new players started playing?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 8th 2012, 10:19:03

players should bear the consequences for the actions of their alliance leaders.

if they don't like it they can move alliance.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

May 8th 2012, 10:20:10

isn't that kinda like tag jumping?

Alin Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:22:18

I like new members posting on AT.

And especially new members that know who "dagga" is ...

Kumander Otbol

May 8th 2012, 10:23:24

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
players should bear the consequences for the actions of their alliance leaders.

if they don't like it they can move alliance.

lol. i would rather quit the game.
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 8th 2012, 10:27:09

Originally posted by Alin:

Alin, you mean there are people in this world who don't know who dagga is??
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:32:03

so far as I know, there's only 3 alliances hitting LaF?
evo, MD and SoL (who was already at war with LaF)

Paradigm has dropped pacts with LaF as we don't associate with cheats.You don't have to like it, but to my knowledge we aren't hitting them.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Alin Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:46:15

Originally posted by iZarcon:
Originally posted by Alin:

Alin, you mean there are people in this world who don't know who dagga is??

According to an article i read 3 or 4 years ago 80% of human kind never connected to internet.

Considering the above mentioned there might be a FEW ...

dagga Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:46:58

Boo hoo.. I didn't hear you whinging when LAF decided to try and dominate the server by destroying Evo, marginalizing SOL and alienating MD.

That went on for over a year - where was your great concern for lost memberst then? The members that LAF lose will be the fair weather sailors who stuck around for the free land stolen off blindsided enemies. No great loss. You're probably better off so don't sweat it.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 10:52:57

Originally posted by dagga:
Boo hoo.. I didn't hear you whinging when LAF decided to try and dominate the server by destroying Evo, marginalizing SOL and alienating MD.

That went on for over a year - where was your great concern for lost memberst then? The members that LAF lose will be the fair weather sailors who stuck around for the free land stolen off blindsided enemies. No great loss. You're probably better off so don't sweat it.

+99
re(ally)tired

Kumander Otbol

May 8th 2012, 11:03:07

lol @ dagga. so you are more concerned for lost members then? lessons should be learned my friend. let not history repeat itself. dealing LaF with the way LaF treated other alliances that leads to some players quitting the game before, is that your way of showing concern? i am really more concerned of this community than your politics. it's hard seeing veterans come back and get disappointed by the current status of this game. i, myself, missed the old days where there are a lot of competitors to compete with... where there are a lot of people playing this game.

Alin Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:12:11

Originally posted by Kumander Otbol:
lol @ dagga. so you are more concerned for lost members then? lessons should be learned my friend. let not history repeat itself. dealing LaF with the way LaF treated other alliances that leads to some players quitting the game before, is that your way of showing concern? i am really more concerned of this community than your politics. it's hard seeing veterans come back and get disappointed by the current status of this game. i, myself, missed the old days where there are a lot of competitors to compete with... where there are a lot of people playing this game.

Calling BattleKJ signature OUT ...

trumper Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:17:57

Originally posted by dagga:

Oh look here comes the Dagga lecture on blindsiding, how rich.

Dragonlance Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:40:42

I know literally 50 rage members that quit because of LaF not taking ownership for the RD'ers in it's midst, and the tacit approval of botting through inaction in earth2025.

I'm sure there are hundreds more across both games that have left due to laf farming untags.

I'm also sure i speak for all of them when i say, nobody gives a flying fluff what LaF members want, or deserve. They gave that up years ago when they went with the anything to win attitude. Actually now i have a bit of time, i think i'll start up a country and join in with one of the alliances killing them.

so there is +1 because of the killing of the cheats =) Consider it payback for years of untagged farming:p

Dragonlance Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:42:24

p.s. i realise evo are not much better on the farming, but at least Yank is a nice guy:p Irony being Hanlong was prob the nicest Don to small clans in my dealings anyway:p

p.p.s. i also realise SOL was also tacit in the actions of Angy known cheater and general douche.

so maybe not +1 then.. unless MD?..

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:43:51

dl, go join MD for the set then :p

Dragonlance Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:46:16

i also think the logging in, playing turns, getting to warchats etc. thing could be an issue.

AT is more fun than the game!

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:47:42

pfffft... by the looks of it, there'd almost be regular easy chats to get to ;)
If it wasn't that I am committed to PDM, I'd probably go join MD. Nothing against LaF, I just like the killing fluff :p

Alin Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:49:33

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
i also think the logging in, playing turns, getting to warchats etc. thing could be an issue.

I know you - i think we plaied togheter in ... erhm ... Arrow ? or maybe Rage ?

Kumander Otbol

May 8th 2012, 11:50:07

Originally posted by Dragonlance:

+1. lol

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:50:33

How is anyone besides TC/hanlong being forced to quit?
Smarter than your average bear.

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:53:29

Alin: rage most likely ;) dl is an old rager

Dragonlance Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:54:11

I saw superfly's country in LaF when i was cruising through the rage site and checking ingame country lists. Gotta find out if he is alive or dead, looks like boxcar is fubar or something atm.

Hopefully someone in LaF can teach him how to run a decent country ;-)

I don't know why they don't just take the 2 sets of death or whatever, then move on with proper internal shuffling/change etc. I'm sure laf can keep most members over that time. I mean it's only a couple of deaths. we used to die 10 times a set back in the day ;-) I'm thinking give it 3 months and Evo will be at SoL's throat or MD will want to kill Evo or something.

A bit of a culture change with their great skill set and they could be #1 again in no time.

Kumander Otbol

May 8th 2012, 11:57:47

@ DL: i don't think LaF is the only alliance that has been farming untags. might be that they targeted you when you played untagged that you wanted a payback. lol :p

Drow Game profile

May 8th 2012, 11:58:55

Boxcar has been moved due to the TC issues, as he WAS also hosting the boxcar site. (this has obviously now changed) Pang is now hosting somewhere else, but the back up he used is a few days old.

I remember dying 10x in slit 2. last restart ran like 5 turns short of coming OOP before set ended :/
I don't think alliances are as badass as they used to be anymore, a lot of vets can't be assed to make the effort properly. Let's be honest, pretty much every alliance here atm would be horribly whipped by their e:2025 incarnations.

dagga Game profile

May 8th 2012, 13:02:30

Originally posted by trumper:

Oh look here comes the Dagga lecture on blindsiding, how rich.

trumper you're trying hard to justify your alignment with LaF by saying SOL are 'just as bad'. At least I think that's what your argument/defense is? It's a funny way of going about it.

Can we clear up the grudge you still carry?

SOL 'blindsided' LCN once, and we threw ICN in for good measure. Granted, it wasn't our finest reason for war but you know what - at the time of the 'blindside' the countries were 70-75 your way and a small networth disparity - your way. You called imag in - we copped it and beat you anyway. Get the fluff over yourself. SOL has hit LCN once of its own accord and it was April 2011 for fluffs sake yet this attitude persists. You also have hit SOL once of your own accord as a member of a gangbang. I thought the friendly war we had last set went some way to patching up LCN's feelings of such bitterness but I may be wrong.

In general terms regarding SOL's war choices in two years of EE, there have been several that were poor and in some cases downright bad. The reasons might have been and should have been more robust. The overall record though, is pretty bloody good. SOL is not the only alliance that can be happy/proud they have not engaged in server destroying doctrines. Every war has either been in the defense of an ally, or the numbers have been kept pretty even. Someone please prove that fact wrong.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

archaic Game profile

May 8th 2012, 13:26:25

I'm sure that the revelation that the entire server being crushed for nearly a year under the Laf coalition's boot-heel because HLW and TC were cheating did more to hurt membership then Laf getting picked on this set.

Besides, isn't Laf winning the war? Sol, MD, and Evo are fighting you guys like a Jackie Chan movie, they stand in a circle and come at you one at a time - then they wait til the first guy gets his ass kicked before the next guy jumps in.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

May 8th 2012, 14:08:52

how are they supposed to show off their moves to each other if they all jump in at the same time?

locket Game profile

May 8th 2012, 14:13:35

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
how are they supposed to show off their moves to each other if they all jump in at the same time?

It is easier to spin it politically if they only show 1 move at a time too.

Detmer, might I ask at which point you stop calling people cheaters and move on? I only ask because you obviously don't care about what RD did in the past now. Clans have had deletions in EE and I'd be surprised if you weren't allied with some of them. At which point do you decide it is time to stop crusading?

NukEvil Game profile

May 8th 2012, 14:18:37

Originally posted by locket:

Detmer, might I ask at which point you stop calling people cheaters and move on? I only ask because you obviously don't care about what RD did in the past now. Clans have had deletions in EE and I'd be surprised if you weren't allied with some of them. At which point do you decide it is time to stop crusading?

Probably when someone invents a time machine, goes back in time, and stops TC and Hanlong from accessing the game's db solely to benefit LaF.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

May 8th 2012, 14:56:29

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Probably when someone invents a time machine, goes back in time, and stops TC and Hanlong from accessing the game's db solely to benefit LaF.

Ok so RD and many others must have this time machine... I need to play elsewhere to get my hands on it :P

mdemon Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:04:40

If I die I won't be restarting :P
I refuse to be someone's land fluff ...

lostmonk Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:07:24

Detmer, might I ask at which point you stop calling people cheaters and move on?

The PDM hate is great in this one. Detmer hasn't even posted in this thread and is being called out!
Done.

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:12:09

locket just goes on any random AT thread and trolls. he doesn't even care who has posted in a thread, as long as he can troll.

trololol
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:12:17

Originally posted by lostmonk:
Detmer, might I ask at which point you stop calling people cheaters and move on?

The PDM hate is great in this one. Detmer hasn't even posted in this thread and is being called out!

I think the comment was in reply to something Drow said. I think I thought it was Detmer :P It's too early for me.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 8th 2012, 15:15:54

I've still yet to see any proof that LaF had a disproportionate amount of people in RD compared to other alliances.

In fact based on my knowledge there were others who had more.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2012, 15:47:47

Locket, the obvious reason is because RD happened a long time ago and they had to deal with fluff for a long time. Just because they eventually got past it doesn't mean LaF will have an easier time getting past this.

To be fair, I do think a lot of this drama has more to do with politics than just cheating, but the attitude of most LaF guys who defend hlw and TC, accuse Evo of cheating, threaten to quit because Boxcar is now hosted on qz's box (the same one that runs EE) is all pretty ridiculous and obviously isn't gaining you guys any love.

BattleKJ Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:51:00

Watcher: Nice post, where were you when Evo lost 40+ members after being annihilated by LaF two steps in a row? Where were you when SOL lost half their membership at the hands of the LaF coalition that annihilated them multiple sets in a row? Where were you last set when MD lost a good few members after being destroyed by LaF?

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 15:53:15

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I've still yet to see any proof that LaF had a disproportionate amount of people in RD compared to other alliances.

In fact based on my knowledge there were others who had more.

Lol, coming from the guy who bought the hanlong: "i have my sources *wink* *wink*" line.
re(ally)tired

Forgotten

May 8th 2012, 16:08:01

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
Watcher: Nice post, where were you when Evo lost 40+ members after being annihilated by LaF two steps in a row? Where were you when SOL lost half their membership at the hands of the LaF coalition that annihilated them multiple sets in a row? Where were you last set when MD lost a good few members after being destroyed by LaF?

EVO/MD/SOL lost members because of they lost political battles. Whether it be EVO breaking pact, MD...wanted the war?, and SOL was bullying netgaining alliances left and right, one at a time.

LaF is losing members because EVO/MD/SOL wanted their revenge, there is absolutely no justification of this war in the game.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:11:34

He's now changed history.

Before Forgotten started rewriting it:
"SolidSnake broke the Evo/LaF UNAP pact and FSed Evo"

After Forgotten became an EE Historian:
"Evo broke a pact and lost a political battle, which made LaF FS them"

LOL
re(ally)tired

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:12:48

Justification for EVO: You FSed EVO twice in the last year.

Now go away child.
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:13:19

Originally posted by Forgotten:
EVO/MD/SOL lost members because of they lost political battles, mainly due to LaF's omniscience brought about by LaF's Don having unauthorized access to everything. Whether it be LaF breaking pacts over and over again, MD...wanted the war?, and SOL was bullying netgaining alliances left and right, one at a time like 2 years ago.

LaF is losing members because EVO/MD/SOL wanted their revenge, there is absolutely no justification of this war in the game because I'm a crybaby, can't handle what I am more than willing to help dish out, and am still oblivious that my trolling is only hurting LaF's political foundation even more.

Fixed it for you.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Kalick Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:13:24

LaF is losing members because EVO/MD/SOL wanted their revenge, there is absolutely no justification of this war in the game.

How can you say there is no justification for this war? LaF leaders cheated while fighting against and farming SoL this reset. Once the cheating came to light, SoL's FDPs decided this was bullfluff, and that LaF should not be allowed to skate to another easy TNW win off of ill-gotten acres.

You are insane if you think there is no justification.

Forgotten

May 8th 2012, 16:13:46

Rewriting history?

So you are saying that you didn't break the pact saying not to sign with another alliance, by signing with that said alliance?

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

NukEvil Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:15:00

Rewriting history?

So you are saying that you didn't break the pact saying not to sign with another alliance, by signing with that said alliance?

About a reset after LaF did the same thing? Are you really this stupid?

anoniem Game profile

May 8th 2012, 16:15:18

Rewriting history?

Could you translate that into English please?
re(ally)tired

May 8th 2012, 16:17:38

i'm confused. having a bit of a problem working that eestats warstats thingie. so, it's probably politically incorrect to mark LaF as the Good Guys, but if i mark them as the Bad Guys, it kinda looks like the Bad Guys are winning...

Kumander Otbol

May 8th 2012, 16:19:01

lol @ dibs. you see that too?