Verified:

Forgotten

Mar 16th 2012, 4:34:47

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:

Was is scumpit ?

I cannot confirm or deny because I'm afraid I might get banned for it.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 5:03:40

Originally posted by madjsp:
Originally posted by Forgotten:
anoniem.

You post as HFA of EVO.

You represent EVO

Does this mean that every post that Pang makes represents the clan he is in?

Not to call out Pang or anything, but it is the same concept.

Or, lets take a look at the mods who suicide on alliances. Do they represent the game when they post?

I'd tend to argue that any post by Pang on ingame policy could represent PDM, any post on random topics represents Pang, and any post about ingame code/rules or whatever represents the admin part. So to answer your question I would say yes.

BattleKJ Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 10:22:16

Okay, before it gets out of hand with accusations of bias and corruption. Which is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Lets pose the question; Why was that particular log posted in that way on a LaF forum if it is not what was said?

Jiman Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 10:31:10

And here I was told it was information that hasnt been shared.

What is the real truth here?

-_-

And if what BattleKJ says is true, then at least it wasnt admin abuse.

Edited By: Jiman on Mar 16th 2012, 10:33:12
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 10:38:27

Originally posted by madjsp:
anoniem.

You post as HFA of EVO.

You represent EVO

Does this mean that every post that Pang makes represents the clan he is in?

Not to call out Pang or anything, but it is the same concept.

Or, lets take a look at the mods who suicide on alliances. Do they represent the game when they post?

+999
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 11:03:41

Originally posted by BattleKJ:
Okay, before it gets out of hand with accusations of bias and corruption. Which is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Lets pose the question; Why was that particular log posted in that way on a LaF forum if it is not what was said?

Wasn't that just a forum message dude? That's what seemed to be implied from the conversation that was had here. Unless you are saying it was a forum message that was posted on the Laf site after?

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 12:59:59

As someone with access to every laf forum, i can say with 100% certainty it wasnt posted on a laf board.

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 13:34:37

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
As someone with access to every laf forum, i can say with 100% certainty it wasnt posted on a laf board.

x2

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 16th 2012, 15:39:28

it wasn't on a PDM board either.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 15:55:44

it was never posted on any board. the only place it lived was on the EE site in the form of a private ingame message between me and pang.

it's coming to the end of the road for you KJ ;P

keep on reaching with your lies ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:10:28

oh and earlier this reset when you were talking about LaF/Rival logs from marco, i just looked back it was also a EE private message between me and him.

"From: Marco
To: hanlong
Subject: chat
Date: Sep 11th, 07:48
"

you also posted excerpts of this chat earlier this reset, which wasn't posted anywhere outside of EE forums. i couldn't figure out where you got it from since it was so long ago and i forgot where it was from in the first place, but thanks to your most recent admin abuse case, you connected the dots for me.

marco was wondering why it was leaked to you, but now it's all coming clear to me =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:15:11

Originally posted by hanlong:
ah found it

nukevil used his access to take ee insite private messages and sent it to you and you edited it to post on AT. =)

pretty spot on eh? ;)

Umm...excuse me? I do hope you're joking. The last time I had any sort of admin access to the forums was maybe 3 or 4 months ago when QZ gave me admin access so I could add a feature to the mod log. You can ask QZ about it. Also, about a week or two later, I took my admin access away from me because I didn't need it anymore. So please try not to put my name somewhere it doesn't belong.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:16:01

oh you should blame kj then, because he said it wasn't qz/slagpit so it had to be you ;P

tbh i was hoping it was since i know you aren't as active of a dev, like you also confirmed. then at least we'd slap your wrists a lil and we all move on. if it was a more active dev then it would be more problematic ;P

Edited By: hanlong on Mar 16th 2012, 16:24:25
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:28:54

Originally posted by Jiman:
I am going to dive right into the mod abuse topic.

It better not be freaking occurring on any level at all, ill freaking quit this god forsaken game if its being plagued with inmuture little pricks who think they are gods because they have access that other people do not.

fluffing pisses me off to hell to even have to consider the an admin is abusing there powers.

Pang I really hope this isnt true, because imma nerd raging right now.

I should tell you about this one time, a certain Admin(Not pang) came into our IRC channel, to tell me to stop badmouthing him both on AT, and on IRC, about possible admin abuse, or else he would make me quit the game.

so really, you shouldn't dive into that topic, because I barely got out of it alive!

reminds me of JJ23. um, i'm glad that Pang doesn't go around doing that type of stuff, but the whole "a certain Admin" lacks a bit of credibility because everyone has a certain Admin in mind. i usually blame mrford.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:31:30

Well, IIRC, the last time someone got on to me about forum stuff was when I was outing ppl that had multiple forum accounts, and that was like 2 years ago, and I haven't done that since.

I am NOT a dev anymore, neither for EE or the EVO site, haven't been since I added that log feature, and I have never sent logs, PMs, whatever to anyone, unless it was part of my dev duties. I did NOT send KJ any PMs, forum or otherwise.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 16:32:19

case 1

KJ took excerpts of marco's IRC logs from last september. marco says they never posted it anywhere on any site, and i know it was never on LaF's site. i remember reading them but forgot where since it was half a year ago. with the latest clue, i found out it was from my forum messages that marco sent me, and that was the only place it was produced to me outside of the IRC server it was originally from (since from looking back looks like it was on rival's server since the only participants of that chat was Rival people, so Marco sent that to me via a private site message and somehow KJ got them).

case 2

earlier this reset i sent a private message to pang. while i did say "no one outside of LaF heads know this", i never actually pasted this on the LaF forums (as what i'm suspecting what KJ thinks i did, hence why he probably tried to "come out" with these but not the marco logs). it was just shared common knowledge that LaF heads just intuitively know from 1 on 1 private chats (all with different wordings). the only place where that exact text was produced (albeit either KJ edited it, or the guy who gave it to him edited it), was from again an EE private message. pang also verified that he did not share that with anyone NOR did he post it on PDM boards.

conclusion:

i am led to believe KJ read every single one of my private messages with admin help. not like it matters, because there's nothing i wrote there that i need to hide... as long as KJ keeps them in its original form the way i wrote it. =) however, if KJ started editing them to paste them, then of course it's a bigger problem ;P

*grabs popcorn*

Edited By: hanlong on Mar 16th 2012, 16:35:31
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Mar 16th 2012, 16:36:54

interesting. guess somebody should recheck the forum code for other backdoors that Dark Morbid built into it. dowt!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 16th 2012, 17:01:19

if there's a bug in the forum code, please report it to me, qz or zarcon privately. preferably not through the forums.

thanks.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2012, 17:38:23

I'm not sure where KJ gets his information, but why is that if KJ gets logs it's automatically mod abuse, but if you get logs, then obviously someone had to post it on the internet. As far as I'm aware, whenever logs are posted, it is almost always the case that everyone denies posting it. Just thinking Occam's razor, is it more likely that one person lied and did post it (or pasted it to a friend and forgot) or that KJ is either an elite hacker or has inside help?

We all hope there are no admin issues, whether it is on EE or boxcar, and they honestly should be checked as necessary, I just don't understand why it's silly for people to bring up TC as an issue for boxcar logs but not silly for you to slander current and former EE mods?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 16th 2012, 17:44:06

I've seen nothing that says to me admins have done anything illegal -- Boxcar or EE.

this is the double edged sword of active admins:
admin abuse is the catchall for all unexplained phenomena.

especially if it fits your political agenda.
this is not unique to any specific situation, but a general comment based on admin'ing this game + boxcar for like 4-5 years now. damn. boxcar is old.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 17:45:26

Originally posted by Tertius:
I'm not sure where KJ gets his information, but why is that if KJ gets logs it's automatically mod abuse, but if you get logs, then obviously someone had to post it on the internet.

Hanlong even posted the link on AT to the external download link. In this situation you have two individuals, one being an admin, claiming it wasn't posted anywhere else.

You also have KJ claiming it was posted on LaF boards, which is a complete lie. You have KJ (or someone else) changing the message to try to make it incriminating, also proven to be a lie.

In the first scenario there's proof to back up claims, KJ has only been proven wrong. Not to mention a second instance of ee private messages being leaked (Marco/hlw), coincidence?

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 16th 2012, 17:48:23

anythign remotely like that post has most definitely NEVER been posted on the laf site. Not anywhere I've seen anyway.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2012, 17:59:49

SG: what if KJ had made a PDF of all of the messages he's read and put them on a media share site and then said "look you can google it" would you then think differently?

The files still had to come from somewhere first and there is no way of knowing who posted the logs to the greater net.

I don't have access to LaF's site so I can't comment on that.

From general knowledge of Hanlong and KJ, I know that both of them are honest much more often than they are not, but they are both conniving and love to make spin. So unless there is some proof one way or another, I'll tend to lean towards what seems more plausible/simple.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 18:01:05

I'm not sure where KJ gets his information, but why is that if KJ gets logs it's automatically mod abuse, but if you get logs, then obviously someone had to post it on the internet. As far as I'm aware, whenever logs are posted, it is almost always the case that everyone denies posting it. Just thinking Occam's razor, is it more likely that one person lied and did post it (or pasted it to a friend and forgot) or that KJ is either an elite hacker or has inside help?

We all hope there are no admin issues, whether it is on EE or boxcar, and they honestly should be checked as necessary, I just don't understand why it's silly for people to bring up TC as an issue for boxcar logs but not silly for you to slander current and former EE mods?

because i posted stuff that was obviously shared via legitimate means to other parties. one of arsenal/makinso/kj posted it on mediafire with the intent to share with someone else (and they probably did). not only is it crawlable (and like i said earlier, if you search for makinso logs, you see such an example), sharing IRC chat logs by sending it to a different person also creates more avenues for leaks. he can then send it to another person, etc. etc. really it's only a matter of time before it leaks. they all know they sent to different people and really there's many avenues of this leaking, hence why they stopped arguing about it.

what kj posted was never posted anywhere but a private ee msg between me and pang. it's way too easy to track down what goes on in this case... because neither pang or me ever posted it anywhere and the only place it was at was ee private messages.

stop playing dumb tertius =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Mar 16th 2012, 18:13:24

wikileaks.org it's totally obvious that everything is secure, hence if something is posted that was kept private, it's obviously because somebody did it on purpose. now, i don't mean to interfer with your blanant obviousness, but the bloody forum was written by somebody who, um, dang, can't find polite words to express just exactly what that calculating beotch was.

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 18:18:55

SG: what if KJ had made a PDF of all of the messages he's read and put them on a media share site and then said "look you can google it" would you then think differently?

The files still had to come from somewhere first and there is no way of knowing who posted the logs to the greater net.

If there was a file dated between the time of the original messages and uploaded to a third party site that hanlong/pang failed to discredit I would be more inclined to believe this story, yes. Changing the messages in this situation also lowers the credibility of all of his claims and makes you question if anyone he's saying is true.

Besides, KJ could have simply added a ;), =) or =P to the message to increase the credibility of it being written by hlw =p

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2012, 18:22:31

I'm sorry, I'll need a lot more proof before I'll jump on the mod abuse band wagon. It has little to do with KJ vs Hanlong or 2 people in the convo vs three. You understand that it is a much harsher claim and not me "playing dumb." I'm open to it being possible of course, just not the most plausible in my opinion. Note that I'm not saying that I believe KJ's log over Hanlong's or anything, I'm only referring to how the log could have been been exposed.

so stop being a tool hanlong =)

Edited By: Tertius on Mar 16th 2012, 18:25:42
See Original Post

Wharfed

Mar 16th 2012, 18:47:22

I like how everyone is so butt hurt about this. It amuses me.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Forgotten

Mar 16th 2012, 18:57:12

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

reminds me of JJ23. um, i'm glad that Pang doesn't go around doing that type of stuff, but the whole "a certain Admin" lacks a bit of credibility because everyone has a certain Admin in mind. i usually blame mrford.

I do have screenshots, I just can't tell you publicly who it was.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 19:54:25

I'm sorry, I'll need a lot more proof before I'll jump on the mod abuse band wagon. It has little to do with KJ vs Hanlong or 2 people in the convo vs three. You understand that it is a much harsher claim and not me "playing dumb." I'm open to it being possible of course, just not the most plausible in my opinion. Note that I'm not saying that I believe KJ's log over Hanlong's or anything, I'm only referring to how the log could have been been exposed.

Given that pang is an admin of boxcar he could verify it was never posted in the laf site, and assuming he didnt ever copy it to anyone, then it would be as close to 100% certain as could be, that some form of abuse took place, be it hacking or mod abuse.

Nitro Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 20:00:02

So how does Evo running landfarms relate to LaF's alert status?

Mar 16th 2012, 20:04:28

I do have screenshots, I just can't tell you publicly who it was.

it's not my responsibility to worry about. i really don't care if they had to resort to cheating to pwn the game.

Forgotten

Mar 16th 2012, 20:13:21

it's not my responsibility to worry about. i really don't care if they had to resort to cheating and still can't pwn the game.

fixed
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 20:17:31

how else is he getting private msgs between me/pang that both of us haven't posted anywhere or told anyone about?

and his logs were edited ;P i already posted the screenshot of the actual source, which is not something a third party can normally see.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Chaoswind Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 20:45:40

Evo has done nothing wrong so stop trying to turn this into something it isn't

NOW, if #485 starts to "Retal" other clans besides EVO, then that will be a problem...

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 21:22:39

Originally posted by Nitro:
So how does Evo running landfarms relate to LaF's alert status?
The thread took a left turn when KJ posted about "Go ask on the LaF site who sent this message and to whom" and has been hi-jacked ever since. Only Watcher seems to be upset about #485.

However, KJ posted a message that all parties involved deny sharing it with anyone else. So one or more of the three (KJ, Pang, Hanlong) are lying. It would be worth while for Pang or someone to run a search on Boxcar insite messages to see if the text exists anywhere else. If not, there has been no creditable disclosure of where the information came from and the only viable suggestion put forth is the highly inflammatory remark of mod abuse (assumedly by qz or another 'evo-friendly' developer).

If KJ has a creditable source for the information, is he willing to disclose the name/contact info to a third party to keep confidential, but verified as a "normal" leak?

jesst Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 21:26:53

A whole lot of Suss fluffing going on..

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 21:31:38

I thought you quit, jesst? Or was it just Muppets that you gave up on?

Jiman Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 21:32:53

Maplehead your awesome.

Cheers.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 16th 2012, 21:55:31

I did do a database search through all of LaF+PDM's Boxcar posts + inbox messages for excerpts from Hanlong/my conversation and found nothing.

So it's not anywhere on Boxcar at all -- messages or forums.

I also checked my IRC logs with the folks I would be most likely to share such a convo with if I were to share and didn't see any excerpts there either.

So something doesn't add up here in some way.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mar 16th 2012, 22:04:33

it's not my responsibility to worry about. i really don't care if they had to resort to cheating and still can't pwn the game.

fixed

Thank you.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:08:48

i dont even need to search because i know i never forwarded that post to anyone or posted it anywhere. it's quite a recent event so my memory is definitely not hazy. not even to my most trusted LaF heads (since they already know that information, just not in that exact wording which i sent pang).
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:12:04

KJ gone silent now? -_-

BattleKJ Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:25:21

I dont need to say anything. Nor will I say anything for now :)

Cougar Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:26:03

Well, the preponderance of the evidence is clearly going against him, why not disappear?

BattleKJ Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:28:31

Let hanlong spin spin spin for a while longer, he loves it.

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:30:41

Let hanlong spin spin spin for a while longer, he loves it.

Telling people how you got the info would work perfectly well if you were to be truthful. The truth tends to sound like the truth. And considering you implied it was on boxcar but it isn't you aren't seeming very truthful.

Forgotten

Mar 16th 2012, 22:30:47

I think when a game Admin asks where you got private information from, he deserves an answer.

it is the integrity of the PRIVATE MESSAGE function of the forums at risk here.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

BattleKJ Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:32:33

I have spoken to pang =) He never asked me any questions!

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 22:33:16

I have spoken to pang =) He never asked me any questions!

you talked to him since his last post where he wanted to know if there were loopholes etc in the forums?