Verified:

Cannabal Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 1:47:36

Right now the game feels "sleepy". The country limit should be abolished or greatly increased (to say 100). This will increase the liveliness of the game.

Empires has the advantage of an involved management. It should simply run an experiment and see what happens.

I've only been here for a few days but I'm an old vet of FFA. I played in the 4th set when there were no country limits and everything ran fine.

Edited By: Cannabal on Feb 11th 2012, 1:50:52
See Original Post

Crippler ICD Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 2:46:06

the game doesnt want to encourage one upping(which will lead to bot/scripting again) and thousands of dormant countries :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dragon Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 2:50:14

If unlimited countries per player were desirable and fiscally feasible, I think the owners would have already implemented it on a server.

I think that's the thing of Pay-to-Play and I can't imagine a scenario under which a significant enough number of players would be willing to underwrite the bandwidth ad storage costs of unlimited countries per player.

Link Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 2:53:34

i disagree, 16 is enough.. no limit and those with ought lives would just reign supreme
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

llaar Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 3:20:23

without?

ought? lol

Drinks Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 4:02:23

yeah unlimited would just make it so like 6 people were running 500 countries each.

And the rest of us wouldnt be bothered playing at all cause we dont have the time to compete with that.

As others said, would also probably promote the use of bots
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

WarTime

Feb 11th 2012, 5:58:23

Unlimited countries would give those that are obsessed the upper hand which is something the rest of us would not enjoy. It's all about equalizing the playing field.

Link Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 10:05:24

i can see wanting to perhaps slightly increase the amount of countries you can have.. but i think 16 is just fine
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

NightShade

Feb 11th 2012, 10:46:41

Unlimited countries would allow alliances like ICD back in the day, no offense Crippy, to have tags upwards of 1k countries with only 4-6 real people in the tag to play them.

Slightly increasing or maybe doubling the current amount would be better than unlimited.

SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Gmann03 Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 14:52:43

naw, 16 countries are more than enuff. I barely have time to play these, with RL pulling on me. AND DON'T LET US GET INTO A WAR, now u crippy PULLING TEETH....lolol
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Gmann03 Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 14:54:01

whips and chains, just to get a decent wc going!!! WUWT???
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Bsnake Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 15:42:36

as one of he worse for running massive country numbers...

this game kicks arse as it is... leave the 16 as it is... fun and fair...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Havoc Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 17:09:21

suiciders are already dangerous enough as they are
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Cannabal Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 17:16:39

Dragon - cost wise it would be negligible. Bandwidth is nothing because there are no images. CPU costs have come down greatly over the years.

It seems people are overwhelmingly for the 16 country limit. Probably because the unlimited people have dropped out over time.

Jade Penn Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 17:26:30

No, the unlimited people are still here. LOL we have just given up talking about it until we were blue in the face. There are enough that are vocal that do not want more countries that I don't think it will change in the near future.

Watertowers

Feb 11th 2012, 18:36:25

Everyone else above has spoken the truth.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 20:04:41

with 500 or 1k countries most countries would be landsource for few countries and that's not exactly idea of game. wars would be really pia with that amount of countries and give alliance which does fs really big advantage.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mdevol Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 20:22:28

Originally posted by Cannabal:
Right now the game feels "sleepy".

what clan do you happen to be playing in?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Marshal Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 21:18:31

Originally posted by mdevol:
Right now the game feels "sleepy".

what clan do you happen to be playing in?

some netting i bet.

Cannabal Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 22:31:55

I'm currently not in a clan.

The game is sleepy with one or two wars a reset. What is needed is more drama.

Popcom Game profile

Feb 11th 2012, 23:28:07

how would 100 countries each be more drama?
this would be prob a dozen people would be left playing cause those playing 100 would clearly take a HUGE advantage and 95% of people wouldn't play even close to that
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Twain Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:08:06

Dragon - cost wise it would be negligible. Bandwidth is nothing because there are no images. CPU costs have come down greatly over the years.

It seems people are overwhelmingly for the 16 country limit. Probably because the unlimited people have dropped out over time.

I think it's more that the unlimited people were people who were in high school or college and had lots of free time back when that was the case. Now those same people are probably anywhere from 28-35 and have jobs, kids and a mortgage. Making time to play 16 is hard enough sometimes--having to play 100 to be competitive would be an easy excuse to quit and never look back.

Link Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:26:49

those with no lives and nothing else to do would just play countries constantly.. not fair.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

didleoman Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:50:04

this stupid post again. every set this is mentioned..

unlimited... increase the limit... etc

Havoc Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:55:15

Decrease the limit:p
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Angryjesus Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 2:57:29

Originally posted by Havoc:
Decrease the limit:p

I like 16, I wouldn't really mind 12 but any lower than that wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Jade Penn Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 3:08:58

Originally posted by Marshal:
with 500 or 1k countries most countries would be landsource for few countries and that's not exactly idea of game. wars would be really pia with that amount of countries and give alliance which does fs really big advantage.

you must not have played when it was unlimited, the defenders can better counter strike with unlimited So unless you can take out all breakers in your FS your in for one heck of a battle. with more countries in all the tags it's very hard to take out all the breakers before the counter strike starts. new start-ups are then used to finish. There is more advantage now to a FS than there ever was when it was unlimited.

The current game set up though would not be good for unlimited as the current ghost acers would make crazy countries.

Feb 12th 2012, 3:44:47

lae would have a few trillion acer countries with in the first month lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

QM Diver Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 6:11:12

with 500 or 1k countries most countries would be landsource for few countries and that's not exactly idea of game.

Yes, it very much resembles that now, except it's 16 total countries per player and 15 ARE the land sources for the sixteenth.

So, a thousand countries or 16 per player, it's still the same tragedy from my point of view

There's so many people now attacking themselves, it's silly! Seems that the old school classic land grabs will soon be things of the past. This is well on it's way to ruining the dynamics of the games' delicate political attributes, that are just as important as the game itself, in my opinion..

I also think it's pretty weird, when there are clans initiating 'netting police' that are to, protect a clan that refuse to defend their countries' land farms. This is the only way I understand the changes that have quickly changed this game.

NBK has always been against self farming, but we found ourselves resisting even the builders, who have been catering the game play to suit self farmers.

So, we may soon be allowing self farming, ourselves!

Instead of playing an unlimited set,

I'd love to see 1 complete reset, that allows no self farming.

This would certainly bring with it an excitement, back into the game. That type of intense fun, seems to be gone. To be forced to get land the old fashioned way, would be funner than fluff!

I know this thread is 'The country limit should be abolished'
But I think it should read:

... "The self farming should be abolished", Just for one set...

*falls off the soap box*

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

iTz Klutch Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 8:01:27

not many in the lowered player base we have, want to dedicate the amount of time it would take to running anything but landtrading/self-farming/all-x. what use does it have? in this modern game with about 1000 players (wish it was more, honestly, im sad a bit :( ) do we really have to prove anything to each other? who's left to impress. everyone is content with keeping to themselves and improving upon their own records. a few for examples:

what good would it be to out grab NBK?

what good would it be to farm untags?

what good would it be to give an hour a day to countries by having to go through the target selection instead of 10 minutes batching the explore and building every other day?

so many have work and school and families they dont have the time to fulfill your requests QM. sure you could argue honor, pride, self-worth. what good does it do ya when you have everyone feeding off the same group of targets like they do in 1A. overall you will find that, although the caliber of FFA netting has increased in recent years, primarily in this EE FFA, there arent enough players to be able to say "here are the 3-4 in the clan who dont have time and will be exploring or landtrading to get their land, but its alright we have 65 members who want to compete with each other for the top spot"

i think you keep arguing the same argument and not changing anything because you are asking for the equivalent of "let's fight a war with all BR, no one can GS or NM/CM/landkill, that's against the rules."

because it's not against the rules. until it is against the rules, let the players do with the mechanics what they will as long as the administration doesn't feel it's being abused.
[Carpe Cerevisi] in FFA

everything else is JUST A TOY

mrford Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 9:16:25

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Drinks Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 12:23:22

This thread goes to fluff about half way. Stop bringing up self-farming. Its already been beaten to death numerous times.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2012, 14:13:04

HELL no, no upping the limit please
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

rlxdntdt Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 14:33:51

*remembers a 24 hour non stop killing session *

noooO Thanks

Cannabal Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 17:19:16

QM thanks for bringing up self farming. I never knew it was such an issue until you mentioned it. I immediately logged in and we have all these countries with 2 million nw and 10k land.

Ridiculous. There is not real netgaining.

Seems there's a lot of issues with this game that keeps it in the shadow of the original FFA

Feb 12th 2012, 17:52:59

actually the countries with 2 mil nw and 10k land I dont think have selffarmed yet, look for the 2 mil nw with 30k land guys lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 17:55:15

QM thanks for bringing up self farming. I never knew it was such an issue until you mentioned it. I immediately logged in and we have all these countries with 2 million nw and 10k land.

Seems there's a lot of issues with this game that keeps it in the shadow of the original FFA

how is having high acres and low networth not "real netgaining"

actually thats EXACTLY what netgaining is all about, having the least expenses necessary so you have the max production
Your mother is a nice woman

nico Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 18:42:36

skilled players never played the old ffa because of the rampant cheating by bots, self farming (not land trading since i dont remember there being ghost acres in latest earth2025 ffa) and lack of administration intervention.

so tell me how this new ffa is in the 'shadows' of the old ffa? you are just another face here to argue useless semantics because you dont even understand how the game works

Jade Penn Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 19:46:23

Originally posted by nico:

skilled players never played the old ffa

bullfluff, the skills were different but there were more skilled players than now. If you go back far enough there were ghost aces in earth2025 ffa. landtrading and selffarming is why the ghost aces were done away with.

It's a very different game from that time and every vet player that comes back from that time period takes time to adjust. Time and time again returning players gripe about the land trading and selffarming and would like to be able to play more countires.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 20:58:41

Originally posted by Jade Penn:

you must not have played when it was unlimited.

i played on 2-3 last sets of ffa with 16 country limit per player but still many ran way more than 16 and some used bot and some ran those by hand. some tags had so much countries that it would take many if not all current alliances to get to same numbers on 1 tag.

mehul's multie detector was total crap on ffa.

Link Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 21:20:43

new ffa is win.

and self farmers shouls have a * next to their names on the leaderboards :P

Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 21:27:26

25 countries would be sweet
IT'S KILLING TIME

Marshal Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 22:30:03

why grab other alliances and take a risk losing more than gained when can grab own countries and keep land (outside random suiciders).

Link Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:27:06

the risk is part of the fun! :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

kemo Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 1:50:58

not to everyone
all praised to ra

EViL

Feb 13th 2012, 1:59:43

why grab other alliances and take a risk losing more than gained when can grab own countries and keep land (outside random suiciders).

Dumbest post ever. Sadly there are 20 more exactly like it.

Ideals like this will eventually ruin us.

ZIP Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 2:03:31

just the opposite - you need more of this to make the server evolve into something different - go back to alliance. the netters want to net, let them, the fighters will fight, and the losers will suicide.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

EViL

Feb 13th 2012, 2:09:21

I don't play on Alliance server. Played on this server for a very long time, though.

Popcom Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 2:32:35

because you understand how to grab and don't lose more then you took?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 5:20:28

I like attacking really fat FFA countries with war builds. It is loads of fun. Sadly since I always seem to be in war it has been a while.
IT'S KILLING TIME