Verified:

aponic Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:30:26

Well since I was told by an RD contact that you were teaching them a lesson for 'ruining' your netting set, I figure you are done. Can't see any other legitimate reason you would still be hitting them unless you are driving them off the server.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:37:24

since we're all just posting our opinions, I'll post mine too! :p

Based on my past interactions with PDM, I'd guess they are likely still too pig headed to make peace with RD, even if RD offered.

PDM is probably thinking about how they can ruin some netting fun in the future for alliances they don't like, all the while trying to preach that they are "so hard done by" while adopting policies which are obviously going to get them into conflicts with the alliances they try to enforce them against... which include RD. It's possible that peace with RD isn't necessary, because the conflict isn't even close to being over, in PDM's mind.

On a separate topic, why didn't you tell SoL that their war with iMag should be over a few weeks ago? They were surely taught a lesson well before the actual peace was made...

Edited By: Pang on Mar 23rd 2011, 17:57:54
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:40:55

imag never surrenders though..?
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:44:16

Originally posted by martian:
imag never surrenders though..?

I don't expect PDM would either... at least not to RD, who they have hated for years.

I don't necessarily agree with how everything's gone down, but this kind of trouble seems to follow PDM around. A big part of that is how PDM wants to project its views and beliefs onto others, but seems unwilling to back them up with force. I was on the front lines of that stuff for far too long :p

Edited By: Pang on Mar 23rd 2011, 17:49:29
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:48:45

pdm surrendered to sof once as I recall:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:49:52

Originally posted by martian:
pdm surrendered to sof once as I recall:P

depending on when it happened, I guess that's the same thing as surrendering to RD :p

*ducks*
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:03:01

oh oh.. dem's fighting words!
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

joe2 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:38:33

didnt SoL call a CF with Imag a long time ago but Imag rejected it?

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:43:21

The reasoning wasn't to "teach them a lesson". We stated that due to the discrepencies between our retal policies, their policy didn't work for us.

Since they want to keep thier retal policy and can't compromise on it we have two options.
1. War
2. have a NAP so that the retal policy won't affect us.

We keep offering #2 but they've turned us down time and time again for 2 resets so we keep hitting.

The ball's all in thier court. Whenever we get back a yes we stop.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:49:50

Originally posted by Mr.Silver:
The reasoning wasn't to "teach them a lesson". We stated that due to the discrepencies between our retal policies, their policy didn't work for us.

Since they want to keep thier retal policy and can't compromise on it we have two options.
1. War
2. have a NAP so that the retal policy won't affect us.

We keep offering #2 but they've turned us down time and time again for 2 resets so we keep hitting.

The ball's all in thier court. Whenever we get back a yes we stop.

ya... i've been there. :p
hopefully everyone can work their stuff out

edit:
I really do like PDM, even if it doesn't come across that way, but it's frustrating to see the same kind of stuff keep happening which makes you guys not have as good of a time playing as you could :(

Edited By: Pang on Mar 23rd 2011, 20:15:19
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:54:43

*whistles innocently*
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:55:40

Martians never innocent ;)

ld Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:16:08

i dont like what either side is doing tbh...

diplomacy FTL

Jiman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:27:01

"On a separate topic, why didn't you tell SoL that their war with iMag should be over a few weeks ago? They were surely taught a lesson well before the actual peace was made..."

I am not sure of the details, but I think SoL was helping NA out (dont qoute me just guessing) and once NA and Imag made their peace SOL followed suit with a ceasefire.

Krakken

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:41:44

RD declared war on PDM since some suiciders ruined their chance at netting.

Drow Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:18:20

Martian: that we did :P
Silver: unwillingness to accept c:c or 1:1 retals was what I was told was the issue, because it supposedly means that you have to quote "entirely change the way you play the game". Crap. General opinion on this particular piece of policy seems to be that it is brilliant.
if you are running specific retaller countries, there is NO reason as to why they can't get the land back in 1 shot. and if the original country wants the land back, he/she is free to take as many hits as they need to get it back. seems simple and not massively "game altering" as you guys like to claim.
Personally I would be happy to sign a CF, but I must also abide by what my fellow leaders wish to do.
Drow
PDM Senate.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:28:15

Drow: here's an example for you.

RD country (bob) has 35,000 acres

he is in stocking phase so has very little military at the moment.

he is topfed by
PDM Country (snawdog :P) who has 12,000 acres.

-----
according to RD policy. We will hit back as a topfeed action to take land:land. It will likely take 3-5 hits or so to get the land back. We would hit from any country in the RD tag that has military as it would hurt "Bob's" countries caches at doing well this reset if he has to buy up military to do 3-5 PS's

so instead we have country C do the hits on PDM.

PDM's policy doesn't allow this.

PDM would say that Bob has to go buy military and do all the retals himself or they will only accept 1:1 from anyone else.

-----
There's the problem :) THat doesnt work for us and we're not changing our policy for a smaller alliance.

it would be the same if I made our policy 3 nukes per grab, then told SoF they had to accept it.

Obviously it's not going to fly and quite obviously we would be hit for it.

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Mar 23rd 2011, 21:32:51
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:29:09

MrSilver is a fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:31:40

The policy PDM created is an advantage to PDM members and a disadvantage to other alliances.

a typical PDM country is quite land thin and moderat networth, also PDM is notorious because of this for doing topfeeds. PDM countries quite often also continue to grab through the stocking phase till nearly the end of the game.

Now while I understand that each alliance wants to have a policy that helps thier members, hell that's the goal of an alliance to start with.

We just do not accept a policy that hurts our members, especially if we're told to accept it by an alliance the same size or smaller than us.

which is why we offered to make some compromises between policies between us and PDM (told no) and we offered a NAP so policy wouldnt matter (told no) .

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Mar 23rd 2011, 21:35:04
See Original Post

aponic Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:37:17

So to get back to the point of this thread, you will continue farming/killing them until they change their mind. I assume this means next reset also?
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:37:55

Or, are you willing to accept that you made your point even if they don't change their policy once the reset ends?
SOF
Cerevisi

Makinso Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:41:16

Pang SOL stopped hitting right after Imag was tag killed. NA took it from there and they killed each other back and forth. Imag just did not want to ceasefire.

Mr.Silver

Mar 23rd 2011, 21:42:14

Our point was .. " Compromise and meet us half way and figure out a retal policy that works between RD/PDM" or "NAP us"

if that hasn't registered then have we made our point?

Our door's been wide open to talk with them about it since day #1

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Mar 23rd 2011, 23:53:21
See Original Post

dagga Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:06:54

I thought we agreed you weren't going to take random (unjustified) pot shots at SOL anymore Pang?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Notorious Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:21:54

Originally posted by aponic:
Or, are you willing to accept that you made your point even if they don't change their policy once the reset ends?

i would argue that their point hasnt been made if PDM still wont agree to either a policy change or a NAP

if RD decided to netgain next reset, whats to stop the bob/snawdog example from happening again?

i guess i dont understand why pdm would refuse a policy change/nap but also not fight back when RD hit them. is it just spite? i dont know enough about the history between the two groups, but it seems to me that one either attempts to enforce a policy or doesnt.
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 2:41:37

If you are able to reach any kind of agreement with PDM, you will have gotten WAAAAAAY further with them than I ever could, and we are supposed to be "long time natural allies."
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Chewi Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 3:52:06

Originally posted by dagga:
I thought we agreed you weren't going to take random (unjustified) pot shots at SOL anymore Pang?

Looks more like a pot shot at aponic than SoL.

aponic Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:01:40

So to get back to the point of this thread, you will continue farming/killing them until they change their mind. I assume this means next reset also?

Our point was .. " Compromise and meet us half way and figure out a retal policy that works between RD/PDM" or "NAP us"

So that didn't answer the question of whether or not you will continue this into next reset or not. Feel free to tell me to fluff myself, but I feel as if you were not being rhetorical on purpose.
SOF
Cerevisi

Evolution Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:15:12

Originally posted by Pang:
On a separate topic, why didn't you tell SoL that their war with iMag should be over a few weeks ago? They were surely taught a lesson well before the actual peace was made...

dagga was referring to this post Chewi. Pang is merely enforcing the very justified rule, that all threads should be about/mention Sol. It is an offense that an unrelated topic does not mention Sol.

Let it be known to all, for it is so. I will help Pang with enforcing this most glorious rule.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:22:45

I assume Chewi knows the post you are referring to.. and his point is it is more of a question to aponic.. i.e. why is SOF poking into RD's business re:PDM when they haven't said anything to SOL re:Imag

nimrodix Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:34:59

i am not allowed to comment on this matter.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 24th 2011, 4:53:12

Originally posted by Makinso:
Pang SOL stopped hitting right after Imag was tag killed. NA took it from there and they killed each other back and forth. Imag just did not want to ceasefire.

Originally posted by dagga:

what? both of you should stop reading too much into my posts...
there was nothing against SoL there at all...
I agree that based on SoL's reasoning for going to war, they were certainly well within their means to continue it if iMag didn't want to quit and NA was still asking for help. My point was... "why was aponic calling out RD for a war on PDM, while not voicing any concern about the obviously one-sided 'lesson teaching' war that was going on earlier".

Maki, I already talked to you privately about your war and you should know my opinion on it. It's highly positive, although hopefully this is the last chapter of that saga for a while.

Dagga, I don't know if you misremember our conversation or I do, but I don't believe there was anything of that nature discussed... those who used to troll me do not dictate my posting behaviour. Not that I was even taking shots at SoL in the first place -- you guys are just overly sensitive. :p

Edited By: Pang on Mar 24th 2011, 4:56:23
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mr. Lime Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 6:10:13

So that didn't answer the question of whether or not you will continue this into next reset or not. Feel free to tell me to fluff myself, but I feel as if you were not being rhetorical on purpose.

why would we discuss our plans for next reset on AT. and why are you so interested. as silver said our door is open for pdm to come talk whenever they figure out what they want to say.

PDM was offered a CF on the condition of talking to us and making a deal...48 hours later i was told "we're not sure yet" and we started hitting them again.

before you come after us why don't you go ask pdm why weeks later they can't give us an answer and what they plan to do next reset.

Yamaha Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 8:07:50

For the record, PDM doesn't harbor any long held grudge against RD.

Most of the PDM'ers that fought in the RD wars have:
1)Stopped playing earth since
or
2)Enough intelligence to know that cheating is no longer possible, at least not on a large scale, so this RD is not the RD of old.

We have great pride in PDM's past, but that's much different than carrying a grudge from years and years ago. The current PDM lives in the here and now.

Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

paladin Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 8:57:20

Originally posted by Pang:
since we're all just posting our opinions, I'll post mine too! :p

Based on my past interactions with PDM, I'd guess they are likely still too pig headed to make peace with RD, even if RD offered.

PDM is probably thinking about how they can ruin some netting fun in the future for alliances they don't like, all the while trying to preach that they are "so hard done by" while adopting policies which are obviously going to get them into conflicts with the alliances they try to enforce them against... which include RD. It's possible that peace with RD isn't necessary, because the conflict isn't even close to being over, in PDM's mind.

Sadly at this point in time I have to agree with pang. The PDM I knew and loved died a long time ago.

Edited By: paladin on Mar 24th 2011, 9:00:07
See Original Post
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

snawdog Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 12:38:34

^^from someone without a country in PDM.. Start a country,then fluff about it!
And no Silver, I will not accept L:L from 15 different countries in RD trying to get it...
ICQ 364553524
msn

de1i Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 14:32:18

We continue to hit them because they have requested we do so.

Message from Tank de RD (#1242) sent on 03/24/2011 05:38:29
Report this message
C'mon bring all your RDs and make a KR. ;p

aponic Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 15:09:57

Lime: You seem to have some view that you are teaching them for the sake of the server and that you will continue until they either render their policy neutral toward you or they change it. I am simply curious how far you are willing to go because in my opinion you can't win the 'argument' if they simply ignore you. If the problematic cycle begins all over again next set and they 'top feed' you again then have you proved anything?

Usually people just say they don't like an alliance and that they have a reason to beat on them. Clearly that is not in dispute here, however, you want something more; you want a policy change.

PS: I love trolling RD.
SOF
Cerevisi

de1i Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 15:50:52

We have no views for the sake of the server, we are a selfish alliance.

You're simply curious where you need to play next reset to fight us, I recommend a more subtle approach to the matter. Otherwise you're directing these questions to the wrong alliance.

There is no question that if our point was to get them to stop and they instead ignore it, that our options are very limited as to what we can do. What will PDM have proven if they ignore and repeat an issue we have shown that we are willing to kill them over?

What do you plan to do about a large portion of SoF's membership unhappy with this multi reset UNAP with Evo that was agreed to? Are we going to see a Natural Selection or m0m0 tag next reset to circumvent this? I can only imagine how much the frustration with said term has escalated now that despite an amazing performance it's clear you guys won't pull out the W.

PS - Step your game up.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 16:40:01

Originally posted by de1i:
What do you plan to do about a large portion of SoF's membership unhappy with this multi reset UNAP with Evo that was agreed to? Are we going to see a Natural Selection or m0m0 tag next reset to circumvent this? I can only imagine how much the frustration with said term has escalated now that despite an amazing performance it's clear you guys won't pull out the W.

Ummm, what does that have to do with RD and PDM?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 18:52:01

I'd guess that has to do with what Ivan did a few sets back and he would rather talk about that :P

aponic Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:00:09

De1i: PDM will have to answer whether they are willing to repeat, but my guess is yes.

I don't plan to do anything about 'a large portion' of SOF's members that don't like our pacts. Funny you seem to know more about SOF than SOF.

Did I ever play in Natural Selection?

m0m0 pipe dreams about its own tag every reset. Seeing as you idle in our irc channel it is no surprise you bring this up. Insinuating that more than half of the leadership would leave is pretty laughable.

PS: Trolling success!
SOF
Cerevisi

paladin Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 20:36:38

Originally posted by snawdog:
And no Silver, I will not accept L:L from 15 different countries in RD trying to get it...

wow it only took one comment for you to delete my boxcar account.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Mr.Silver

Mar 24th 2011, 20:55:25

Aponic: That's PDM's answer for us.

Trife Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 22:01:56

In my FA experiences, Detmer and TAN have been very reasonable in our discussions.

So it's odd to find that so many people think that they're stubborn or anything.

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 22:17:53

Originally posted by paladin:

Your access hasn't been deleted, I just checked. :)

snawdog Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 0:52:32

Originally posted by Rolangunslinger:
Originally posted by paladin:

Slinga is correct..1 or 100 posts would never get you deleted Pally..I was just making an obsevation/request..

Your access hasn't been deleted, I just checked. :)
Slinga is correct..1 or 100 posts would not get you deleted..just making an observation/request...
ICQ 364553524
msn

Yamaha Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 3:14:42

Snaw, you just quoted something you said before you said it!

You are a master of space and time!
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 3:16:34

Really? You want to go there? When talking with the guy who has been your biggest advocate on these boards since I came back to this game 3 years ago? Maybe you would be more productive if you asked why he had finally given up on PDM...
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 7:40:36

Originally posted by Trife:
In my FA experiences, Detmer and TAN have been very reasonable in our discussions.

So it's odd to find that so many people think that they're stubborn or anything.

While those in the know may not believe it, I've always been a fan of PDM. My motto has been 'it's just business'. You can ask Tan about a recent stint in eevil which I have PMs collaborating with him. I've always found him to be more than reasonable (considering our past).

The current conflict is a matter of policy. Once the two parties can agree on a reasonable solution there will be no issues. If the two cannnot agree, well there may or may not be a conflict. Who knows. Maybe tomorrow Silver, Lime, Deltron or any other color may say 'hey Detmer, we're sorry brosanne, lets enjoy some smores and an ice cold alcoholic beverage of choice and discuss events of a previous time. Or maybe not. Politics can suck.

I want smores.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.