----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 20:10:17

Originally posted by Dadgha Mhor:
I'll also add that I am taking the vaccine not just for my own peace of mind, but also for my Father-In-Law who is 82 y.o, on Chemo, and can't take a vaccine. The last thing I would want to do is infect him unwittingly, he has ~ 25% of dying (and nearly 100% chance of being hospitalized) if he were to catch it. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people who are in his same position. Maybe it's the European in me, but I see it as my duty to society in general. I'm also a huge believer in the power of vaccines and the use of mRNA instead of attenuated virus is really revolutionary.
Anyway, let's just hope we can reach herd immunity and we come out the other end of this as soon as possible.

Make sure you wash your hands and wear PPE even after getting vaccinated, you can still spread the virus.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 20:57:52

We've been through that. You can spread it through touch(which in itself is likely only a very minor route of transmission), but you are much less likely to get infected and spread it through respiratory droplets if you take an efficacious vaccine. That assumes you are one of those 5-6% who don't get immunity from 2 doses (Moderna/Pfizer).

Remember these vaccines are much more efficacious than the vaccines to the seasonal flu that some people take every year, and they work very well to lessen the burden of the seasonal flu on health care.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 21:05:58

Correct, that's why you can't assume you won't spread it after being vaccinated, especially if you come in contact with the most vulnerable of our population.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 21:36:26

So far there are ZERO cases worldwide of anyone who had the second dose of the vaccine (Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca) and ample time of it taking hold that caught and died in covid. Thats with a couple millions already getting that second dose.

If someone that has taken the two doses catches covid, transmits it to another vaccinated person who then dies they will make a case study and you will recieve fame and glory. :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 25th 2021, 21:41:07
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 22:01:11

Originally posted by Gerdler:
So far there are ZERO cases worldwide of anyone who had the second dose of the vaccine (Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca) and ample time of it taking hold that caught and died in covid. Thats with a couple millions already getting that second dose.

If someone that has taken the two doses catches covid, transmits it to another vaccinated person who then dies they will make a case study and you will recieve fame and glory. :)

Cute but you missed the entire point, just because you got vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still spread the virus.
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 22:28:16

Originally posted by RickyDee:
Anyone asking for a vaccine passport is spitting on the graves of all of our war veterans who fought for human freedom which includes medical freedom. Thanks to our brave ancestors we have the Nuremberg Code regulating the ethics of medical intervention.

I know people who have had Covid without ever recording a single symptom, they only knew that they had the virus because of mandatory testing for work.

And I have a close friend who is a cancer survivor two times over who got COVID and thought it was going to be a death sentence only to recover in a matter of days. He likened it to a moderate flu bug.

I guess it depends how soft a person is, for myself personally I'll take my chances with the 99.7+% survival rate before I inject myself with a truly experimental mRNA vaccine that was rushed to market

Interesting name btw COVID (Certificate Of Vaccination ID?)

Cheers

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1000
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 22:30:53

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Give me one good reason everyone should get vaccinated.

There are tons of people who are immune already, why force them to get vaccinated? And yes you're being forced in this case, no vaccination = no passport.

HOLY CRAP!!! 2 in one day!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 22:42:10

Prove to me that all these rushed to market vaccinations that have not undergone properly specified testing regimens is statistically significant enough to warrant it.

I think I heard somewhere that the fatality rate of the virus was 0.026%.

When I was a little kid, I used to go swimming in the Schuykill River. Plus, the military vaccinated me against just about anything that's out there. I made it through Chemo OK. A little less toothy, but that's a side effect, you know.

I figure, I'm just too ornery to die.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 22:47:32

Cute but you missed the entire point, just because you got vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still spread the virus.

The by far most major transmission pathway which is respiratory droplets is down in risk by at the very least 95% from these two vaccines that are used in the EU and USA currently. If the virus can't replicate in your body you can't breathe it out on someone.

So out of 20 people taking the vaccine and getting exposed to enough virus to catch covid 1 out of those 20 people will be less infectious, for a shorter time, than had they not taken the vaccine, when they get covid. The other 19/20 do not get covid when subjected to the virus, and therefore will NOT infect people through respiratory droplets.
Thats a risk reduction of at the very least 95%. This this is not trivial in itself for an individual, but is massive on a societal scope.

Assuming that transmission through fomites is possible(which afaik has not been proven to have happened yet), it just means you have to keep washing your hands between shaking people's hands and maybe limit your hugging slightly.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2021, 23:07:51

/facepalm
(•_•)

Dadgha Mhor Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 23:39:52

Just to reiterate, and despite what the Chinese propaganda arm is trying to claim, there has not been a single, documented case of COVID-19 transmission through touching a surface (any surface). While it is theoretically possible, the chances are astronomical against it happening. The source of infection is, and always has been, respiratory droplets in the air. I think this can't be overstated enough.
Also, when you are vaccinated and become immune to the virus, you cannot shed it (at least once the immune response has hit it's peak, ~ 2 weeks after the 2nd dose). To shed the virus, it needs to replicate in your cells, if you are immune, it can't do that, period.
As for my Father-in-Law, there are plenty of precautions I've taken around him long before COVID, and I'll continue to do them, but one thing I won't have to worry about is giving him COVID if I am vaccinated and have had a full immune response.

And Cerberus, the fatality rate for over 85's is >25%, it's 0.026% for infants and children aged 1-10, and runs the entire spectrum in between that depending on age. As for the safety of the mRNA vaccine, I've already said my part earlier. It is far more safe than any previous vaccine technology and instead of freaking out about it, you should be rejoicing that this technology has been developed. It is a game changer, not just for this disease, but for a host of illnesses.
Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 23:41:07

/facepalm

What you are saying is that while you can die doing 75mph at a speed limit of 55mph without a seatbelt, half drunk in a Chevrolet Corvair from the 1960s while steering with your legs and holding a chainsaw at full throttle over your fluff, you might also die doing 55mph sober, stearing with your hands in the ten to two position, while using seatbelt in a modern Mercedes S-class.
While technically you can die in both situations the risks are not even close to comparable and using whataboutism in this way to wish away a proven effect of the vaccine is even less intellectual than my example above.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 25th 2021, 23:44:40

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 23:42:55

Originally posted by Dadgha Mhor:

Also, when you are vaccinated and become immune to the virus, you cannot shed it (at least once the immune response has hit it's peak, ~ 2 weeks after the 2nd dose). To shed the virus, it needs to replicate in your cells, if you are immune, it can't do that, period.

This seems to need to be said more times in more ways. Thanks for helping.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2021, 0:16:14

/facepalm

What you are saying is that while you can die doing 75mph at a speed limit of 55mph without a seatbelt, half drunk in a Chevrolet Corvair from the 1960s while steering with your legs and holding a chainsaw at full throttle over your fluff, you might also die doing 55mph sober, stearing with your hands in the ten to two position, while using seatbelt in a modern Mercedes S-class.
While technically you can die in both situations the risks are not even close to comparable and using whataboutism in this way to wish away a proven effect of the vaccine is even less intellectual than my example above.

Semantics, I can die chocking on a piece of candy or lighting strike, but I digress, I ain't taking the vaccine, haven't been sick in almost two years and that was a mild cold that I got over in less than a week, go on and take the vaccine and hopefully you're all right and it won't give you a bad side effect later down the road.
(•_•)