Verified:

BeerCrusher Game profile

Nov 22nd 2016, 21:22:59

I notice I'm getting hit a lot by people that are *way* over twice my size; I haven't hit anybody, I haven't been declared war on. I was reading what GDI does and it doesn't seem to work at all.

Trump

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2016, 21:35:46

4x = humanitarians

Also no declaring war on this server, what GDI instructions are you reading?

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels. However, we require your assistance in return. You will be required to pay $5 per acre of land you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once. You can only join GDI if you haven't attacked or done a harmful spy op and cannot leave after joining. In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2016, 21:40:51

they jump after they hit you?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2016, 21:48:36

That ^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 23rd 2016, 2:17:59

1/4 - 4x is gdi restriction here and on express, all other servers 2x with dec war option leaving 1/12- 12x
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

BeerCrusher Game profile

Nov 23rd 2016, 16:38:27

Thanks.

I was reading about it in the game wiki.

'The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of its members. As a member of GDI, you receive the protection of GDI forces. No country more than twice your size or less than half your size will be able to attack you without formally declaring war first. The cost of this protection requires members to pay a small fee per acre of land (see table below) they own to the GDI fund, as long as they are a member. In addition, you are not allowed to commit offensive acts against countries greater than twice your size or smaller than half your size. You cannot join the GDI unless you have not made an attack for at least 18 hours.

After the minimum membership time has passed, you may leave at any time, however, once you do, you will not be allowed to join again for 72 hours.

A permanent GDI bonus is also available, which allows 100% free membership to the initiative, however if you select this bonus, you are not allowed to leave. '

^

It's not really clear that there are differences between game modes other than the cost of GDI itself.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 23rd 2016, 20:42:10

wiki gives general info, detailed info is given ingame.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

now im nothing Game profile

Nov 25th 2016, 0:05:01

Total broke
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 26th 2016, 6:06:28

Bonus
The EEVIL Empire

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 26th 2016, 18:01:38

Well express and primary once you join GDI its permanent, team/alliance/ffa you can leave after 72 hours cannot join it again for 72, BUT!!! if you use the bonus for free GDI while in GDI you are stuck in it for the rest of the set.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

now im nothing Game profile

Nov 27th 2016, 22:02:49

I'll drink to GDI, BROKEN.
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

The fourth Game profile

Nov 30th 2016, 2:20:57

Interesting

TidyTerry Game profile

Dec 4th 2016, 8:06:06

It used to be that GDI protected you from getting hit by people over twice your size, they gone changed it.

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 4th 2016, 22:26:16

Well now on Express and Primary GDI protects from special attacks and harmful ops, other servers its 2x your size or 1/2 your size.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP