Verified:

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 12:25:26

I thought I'd make a post here since apparently, more than just EEVIL have accused Fist of "farming" them. I think we probably have the strictest grabbing policies in the game, so I just thought I'd ask for your guys opinions on our policies.

1. No more than 1 hit per Fist member on any established alliance within a 72 hour period (and unlike some clans, we actually enforce policies internally)
2. We'll give you a DNH if we've grabbed you over 10 times (15 for larger clans) and you ask for one (this is provided you aren't grabbing as equally as much or doing something else to piss us off)
3. If we have more than our "normal" amount of grabbing members (ie. between 4 and 6) we'll tighten our policies
4. We accept 72 hours retal windows (provided you let us do the same) and land:land (once again, if you give us the same courtesy) and have a simple and easy-to-understand set of retal policies
5. Unlike some clans, we do not allow grabbing alliances at war even when we had advance knowledge of the FS as well as not-so-great relations with these clans

Obviously we have some exceptions to these policies, such as allowing double taps and farming of people who regularly multi-tap us or have decided to take advantage of us while we go to war, but this applies to approximately 3 people on the server atm.

So, my question to you is: How is it possible for an alliance to be "farmed" by Fist?

With no multi-taps, 72h grabbing windows per alliance and very few grabbers, how is it that alliances with far more lenient grabbing rules (or rules that go unenforced) manage to complain about being farmed by us? Why is it that people who GDI farm untaggeds off the server throw such a hissy fit when they get grabbed once? With ghost acres, why is it that people still think that grabbing can not be mutually beneficial? It just takes some brains, such as a very basic understanding of how networth affects grabbing returns.

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 13:05:01

Looking at the news between you and EEVIL, I don't blame them for hitting you. It's true that you seem to have stuck to the letter of the above policy, but there was definitely some aggressive land grabbing going on.

When you LG aggressively, people will get upset. It doesn't matter what policies you say you're following to keep everything "fair", you're still putting them at a disadvantage and if you push them too hard they will go to war.

You were taking a lot of land from them. For whatever reason, they weren't able to retal effectively. I see no problem with defining that as farming.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 13:23:42

I wasn't referring specifically to EEVIL here, I understand EEVIL's point of view and in the future we're going to be a bit stricter about hitting much smaller clans. Except for EEVIL, because they seem keen to harbour RD fluffwits who take out their own mistakes on us.* We're happy to keep grabbing them, in fact I'm kind of tempted to make an exception to our 72 hour rule for them.

I'm talking about some alliances with between 15-25 members, all of whom we grabbed less than 10 times this set. One I was particularly surprised about because we had no retalling disputes with them, they retalled everything and got their land back on every hit...

* Mr Charcoal - grabbed us, got fluff returns because he doesn't know how to grab, gets retalled and then grabs us 3 times as we get FSed. After getting retalled, he goes for another quad tap which we retal, only to get FSed by EEVIL
Mr Lime - multi-taps us, gets retalled in hits authorised by his clan leaders, gets mad about not knowing his clans policies and suicides us

But I bring those up but this is not about EEVIL, this is about mid-sized clans. If you're playing in a clan with more than 15 members, do you think our grabbing policy is fair?

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 13:41:26

Originally posted by smikke:
I'm talking about some alliances with between 15-25 members, all of whom we grabbed less than 10 times this set. One I was particularly surprised about because we had no retalling disputes with them, they retalled everything and got their land back on every hit...

Who? It's hard to give an opinion without knowing what alliances you're talking about.

If you're playing in a clan with more than 15 members, do you think our grabbing policy is fair?

I'm in iMagNum. We don't have problems like this.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

spawn Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 17:51:07

if you dont have problems like that then dont post here ;)

check our news, if you're lucky you'll find out which clan Smikke means :)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

locket Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 19:29:44

meh RD people never learned to play properly ;)

dustfp Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 21:26:59

fair land grabbing, regardless of how "aggressive" it is, should never be considered farming
that said, though, if a clan can't retal, even one hit will upset them
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 22:28:56

Originally posted by spawn:
if you dont have problems like that then dont post here ;)
That's idiotic. He posted here asking for people's opinions, I decided to offer mine. If he doesn't want the opinions of people who "don't have problems like that" then he'll only get negative opinions because by definition anyone who does see themselves as having this problem will view it as unfair.

check our news, if you're lucky you'll find out which clan Smikke means :)
He came here looking for an opinion, it doesn't matter to me if he gets good ones or not. I asked for the information I need to fulfill his request for a proper opinion. I'm not going to go out of my way to wade through all of Fist's news for this reset and figure out who he's talking about though. It doesn't matter that much to me if his query gets addressed properly.

Originally posted by dustfp:
fair land grabbing, regardless of how "aggressive" it is, should never be considered farming
that said, though, if a clan can't retal, even one hit will upset them
That's the opposite of what's true. There's no such thing as "unfair" landgrabbing because we all start every reset on equal footing. If someone has an advantage, it's because they played better than you. To use an advantage you've earned isn't unfair in any way.

Therefore farming is always "fair"... but it's still farming.

The policies that Fist has in effect do not effect "fairness". They're simply self-imposed limits that Fist hopes will prevent anyone from being pushed far enough that they think it's worth going to war. But the fact is, if you're taking a lot of land from one alliance, it doesn't matter if it's done by 3 attacks every day or 1 attack every 3 days. The damage is the same, and if you push someone too far they'll complain and fight back.

I don't think "farming" is an inaccurate label just because you guys had guidelines for how often you could hit.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2010, 22:36:09

hehe i remember in 2002/2003 I used to define farming of small clans as something around 0.25 hits per member per day for regulating LGing and when we put clans on DNH....
Finally did the signature thing.

dustfp Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 23:18:37

that can be a lot of hits depending on clan size :p
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 23:19:14

1:1
2+:KILL

sounds fair ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 23:23:46

Originally posted by qzjul:
hehe i remember in 2002/2003 I used to define farming of small clans as something around 0.25 hits per member per day for regulating LGing and when we put clans on DNH....

assume your per member means the other clans members, not your own? interesting thought.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2010, 23:46:05

yea, per the other clans members

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2010, 23:46:38

that number was only ever used internally to set clans on DNH ourselves before they started getting pissy :)

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 0:20:07

It looks like we were below 0.25 for the clan in question, and that's with more turns.

*rant about the game being too anti-grabbing*

iXenomorph Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 0:21:42

Fooglmog wins the thread.

The rest of you should just suicide.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

snawdog Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 0:24:47

I thought I'd make a post here since apparently, more than just EEVIL have accused Fist of "farming" them. I think we probably have the strictest grabbing policies in the game, so I just thought I'd ask for your guys opinions on our policies.

1. No more than 1 hit per Fist member on any established alliance within a 72 hour period (and unlike some clans, we actually enforce policies internally)
2. We'll give you a DNH if we've grabbed you over 10 times (15 for larger clans) and you ask for one (this is provided you aren't grabbing as equally as much or doing something else to piss us off)
3. If we have more than our "normal" amount of grabbing members (ie. between 4 and 6) we'll tighten our policies
4. We accept 72 hours retal windows (provided you let us do the same) and land:land (once again, if you give us the same courtesy) and have a simple and easy-to-understand set of retal policies
5. Unlike some clans, we do not allow grabbing alliances at war even when we had advance knowledge of the FS as well as not-so-great relations with these clans

Obviously we have some exceptions to these policies, such as allowing double taps and farming of people who regularly multi-tap us or have decided to take advantage of us while we go to war, but this applies to approximately 3 people on the server atm.

So, my question to you is: How is it possible for an alliance to be "farmed" by Fist?

With no multi-taps, 72h grabbing windows per alliance and very few grabbers, how is it that alliances with far more lenient grabbing rules (or rules that go unenforced) manage to complain about being farmed by us? Why is it that people who GDI farm untaggeds off the server throw such a hissy fit when they get grabbed once? With ghost acres, why is it that people still think that grabbing can not be mutually beneficial? It just takes some brains, such as a very basic understanding of how networth affects grabbing returns.

tl:read the rest

Well, your #'s of grabs per member are either wrong, or not policed very well.
I can say for certain that some mid sized clans have been tagged for more grabs then your policy allows.
Unless this is a new policy..(i mean NEW this set)
ICQ 364553524
msn

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 0:34:07

Originally posted by snawdog:

tl:read the rest

Well, your #'s of grabs per member are either wrong, or not policed very well.
I can say for certain that some mid sized clans have been tagged for more grabs then your policy allows.
Unless this is a new policy..(i mean NEW this set)

Curious to see examples?

I just ran through our news with PDM for the set, we have one double tap - the only violation of our 72h policy with you guys.

If that's "not policed very well," how would you describe your 5 RoRs (within 5 days) that weren't related to any policy disputes? (ie. the 48 vs 72 hour thing)

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 0:36:15

And I'm not saying that to attack PDM/you, just throwing it up to highlight that we do enforce the rule relatively well.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 0:38:41

And one more post to clarify... obvious when I said "hit" I meant "grab"

Retals are not included ;)

snawdog Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 0:45:25

So...then, your 'double tap' should be excused..?(not policed)
ICQ 364553524
msn

snawdog Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 0:46:54

When we are RoR'ed..we will use FFR...
ICQ 364553524
msn

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 1:37:22

Originally posted by snawdog:
So...then, your 'double tap' should be excused..?(not policed)

Umm that was the last double tap by the member all set, so you tell me whether our "policing" worked.

Obviously it's impossible to get a 100% mistake free reset or to control your members 100%.

Jofel Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 9:15:54

Fairness is in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, I don't like to see a couple of countries from clan A grabbing clan B multiple times in 1 set, regardless of the time frame. So if country x from clan A grabs 3 countries from clan B in one set with 72h between each grab, that still pisses me off. Especially of there are 2 or 3 other countries from clan A doing the same thing.

So fair or not, that is irrelevant. It's how you're perceived.
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

spawn Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 12:42:33

dont play if you dont like being grabbed or get so much def that is not worth being grabbed

because seriously, grabbing is part of the game, heck the admins even stated so (indirectly) by bringing back ghost acres
and unlike every other clan, we limit our hits, we dont multipletap tagged clan, we dont farm untaggeds. if thats not fair, n00b friendly and not not-destructive to the game then tell me what is..

at fooglmog: you dont need to know the alliances name to post your oppinion about our retal policy. Smikke simply stated that its possible to retal without being d*ckheads
/slap iZarcon

toma Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 14:04:46

Akula funny how I remember you doing 20x demo 2 sets ago and fist never did anything to you for them.
Originally posted by Slagpit:
Ruining peoples fun for no reason is okay, but ruining it for a reason I disagree with isn't okay. Never change, community.

Ruthie

Sep 18th 2010, 14:22:36

dont play if you dont like being grabbed or get so much def that is not worth being grabbed

because seriously, grabbing is part of the game, heck the admins even stated so (indirectly) by bringing back ghost acres

No one LIKES being grabbed so by your statement, not many would be left here.

Defense is pretty much irrelevant and there are always countries out there that can break you.

The truth is that if you are going to be grabbing, be prepared for the consequences, whether its one hit on a tag or 20. Who cares if YOU think your policy is fair or not. Its the country or tag on the receiving end that will decide if they think its fair or not, and what they are going to do about it.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

spawn Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 14:38:44

yeah well, its not like there are many left as it is. but if we want the community to grow again your unfair policies wouldnt help.
we established our policies for the good of the whole game, not just our personal benefit or whatever other reasons there might be

and defence matters, who wants to lose 1m jets over 500a?...
/slap iZarcon

Ruthie

Sep 18th 2010, 15:04:23

MY unfair policies ?

I havent made any policies in a few resets.

However, I would think overhitting smaller alliances doesnt help a whole lot.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

spawn Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 15:05:42

your in the sense of "not ours", its a generalization
/slap iZarcon

BadFish Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 20:10:02

fist wont be around much longer.............................
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 20:16:36

at fooglmog: you dont need to know the alliances name to post your oppinion about our retal policy. Smikke simply stated that its possible to retal without being d*ckheads

Why are you being secretive about this? Is it because the pretext for this post is made-up and no one's actually complained? That's the only explanation I can think of.

The purpose of this post seems to be Fist proving that they're not farming people. I think that it's possible to follow the policy you've outlined and still farm people. So, I want to know what alliances have complained so that I can determine if Fist actually is farming them.

I'm sorry if my asking for facts offends you. I realize that the concept of basing opinions upon facts is foreign to some, but asking what alliances this thread is referring to is hardly unreasonable.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

spawn Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 20:24:17

every clan we have grabbed -1

those have complained one way or the other
/slap iZarcon

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 18th 2010, 20:38:16

Okay, well if you're going to be a d*ck about this -- I'm going to assume that everyone else is right, because it seems unlikely that the whole server would be wrong, and you're not bothering to provide any information that's useful in establishing the contrary.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2010, 22:28:59

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Okay, well if you're going to be a d*ck about this -- I'm going to assume that everyone else is right, because it seems unlikely that the whole server would be wrong, and you're not bothering to provide any information that's useful in establishing the contrary.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Fine, have a look at the grabbing between Fist and Monsters.

And Spawn is correct, with two exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head, every clan we have grabbed has complained either to us or to someone else or had suicides.

And Ruth's point of view seems pretty boring to me. Fine, you don't like being grabbed... maybe they should set up a special all explore server for you to play on.

Ruthie

Sep 18th 2010, 23:15:58

I was referring to Spawn's words ... I never said anything about me personally so no, I dont need an all explorer server. What an fluffhead comment that was.

Any time I have been grabbed, which have been few, I have been able to retal with no problem. I am not the one making threads looking for everyones approval for your agressive play style.

You pissed people off, deal with it.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 2:16:48

K, well it doesn't look like Fist farmed Monsters. At least, not unreasonably so.

The people from Fist who're posting in this thread do seem awfully defensive though... especially for a thread which they created to seek out the opinions of others.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Ron Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 4:29:41

seriously, all these 48 hrs 72 hrs 1 hit within 72 hrs no multiple hits on one clan by different members in the clan stuff make my head hurt..

can't we just play by a common set of rules that make sense to all (like previously) n actually have some fun playing?

It's like we spend more time discussing rules n stuff than actually running the country..

Xintros Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 5:04:11

Looks to me this question is being asked due to all the red countries in your tag? You were on the brink of defeat by an itty bitty alliance due to aggressive grabbing before SancT saved your butts. ;-)

EEVIL 1 Fist 0
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

spawn Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 6:13:27

without your little tagjumpers you wouldnt even have been close to where you were, so yeah, you're really too awesome for this world
/slap iZarcon

Fooglmog Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 6:29:15

Originally posted by Ron:

can't we just play by a common set of rules that make sense to all (like previously) n actually have some fun playing?
In my 13 years of playing this game (obviously including 2025), there's never been a single set of retal rules. So I assume you're talking about January 1997 and before.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2010, 7:45:47

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
K, well it doesn't look like Fist farmed Monsters. At least, not unreasonably so.

The people from Fist who're posting in this thread do seem awfully defensive though... especially for a thread which they created to seek out the opinions of others.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Meh, not just to seek out opinions but also to defend our grabbing policies from what we view as unfair criticism...

Pain Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 7:56:21

without your little tagjumpers you wouldnt even have been close to where you were, so yeah, you're really too awesome for this world

OMG 3 tag jumpers NO WAI. still at a 3 country disadvantage. you still had to call in 60 member clan. fist is still scrub city. this thread is just reinforcing to the alliance community you guys dont have fluff all of a clue.

thanks.
Your mother is a nice woman

nimrodix Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 10:37:06

less talk
more killin

Ruthie

Sep 19th 2010, 13:45:21

You still outnumbered them with or without the return of their members to the tag, but you still had to call in help.

I'm just sorry I wasnt able to jump back in time to help them.

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

spawn Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 13:52:24

lol, get real seriously
we didnt call in Collab, i just asked them to kill the tagjumpers

and FSing a clan that has already been FSed isnt too impressive

so props to EEvil
/slap iZarcon

Xintros Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 15:42:06

lol, get real seriously

so props to EEvil

Personally I never said you called in Collab, they did what they wanted to do and as far as EEVIL is concerned our war with FIST is over and considered a win wouldn't even bother to waste a turn on your tag.

If SancT had gone along with your request, you may be having more fun right now. After all your only at war with EEVIL I believe whilst EEVIL is at war with you and Collab? We have bigger fish to fry than Fisties.

And to get back on topic I still believe this question is due to all your red countries. So does that opinion hit home any?

*kills Collab restarts
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2010, 16:12:59

no, this isn't about eevil. eevil's not getting a unap or a dnh next set, its far more likely to get to be an exception to our rules about multitaps (ie. proof that we dont really give a damn about your views on our policy). we know we might have gone a little overboard with you, but any sympathy we might have had you lost when charcoal pulled his fluff.

besides, like pdm (props to them for also being a clan that advocates grabbing) for their policies, we're willing to fight in order to keep this from turning into the 'all-x' server some want it to be

we're asking because some clans claimed we farmed them.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Pain Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 16:27:42

lol, get real seriously

so props to EEvil

you killed a PDM country and formally declared war on AT. the fact that you guys are still claiming that you got "FSed" is making me wonder if you guys even understand how this game is played. you got CSed first of all. second we hit you plenty long after PDM's "FS" on you.

you guys can use all the excuses you want, you lost the war.

Pain Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 16:28:36

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
no, this isn't about eevil. eevil's not getting a unap or a dnh next set, its far more likely to get to be an exception to our rules about multitaps (ie. proof that we dont really give a damn about your views on our policy). we know we might have gone a little overboard with you, but any sympathy we might have had you lost when charcoal pulled his fluff.

besides, like pdm (props to them for also being a clan that advocates grabbing) for their policies, we're willing to fight in order to keep this from turning into the 'all-x' server some want it to be

we're asking because some clans claimed we farmed them.

that exception will get you more red countries next set, tough guy.