Verified:

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 18:52:12

I went to the bank with $600 to deposit after selling 3 cord of wood that I harvested.

I didn't have my account info available, so i asked the teller to provide it to me. He did. As I filled out my deposit slip, he went on his obligatory speech about the benefits of all these different programs/accounts. I humored him by feigning interest and took home some literature. Towards the end of our conversation he gave me a receipt and I went back to the office.

Upon returning to work, I looked at my receipt showing the deposit of $600. Then i looked in my wallet to find $600. He processed the transaction, gave me a receipt reflecting the transaction as complete, but never took the money from me!

Fortunately for the bank, I have morals and I immediately called the bank explaining what happened and that i couldn't get back there today before they closed, but i would be back in the morning with the money.

If I hadn't said or done anything, would this kid have gotten fired? Would I be getting a phone call from the police?

What would you have done?

Shadow1986 Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 19:23:27

He would pay the difference from his salary some banks allow installments for the missing amount but then it goes on his employee file.

Bottom line someone always pays and it's never the bank... but good on ya for doing the right thing.

Poor guy might have spent the next few days looking through his worklog calling customers asking if they had a mistake in their transactions.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 19:27:49

Yea, I don't have the capacity to try and get away with something like that. He was a young kid probably home from college working for the summer, not that the 'who' really matters, but i've been that kid before, and $600 is a lot of money at that age.

I might think differently about it if it was the bank that took the hit, because F banks, but im not naive enough to believe that.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 19:37:06

All transactions are all under a camera. They would have eventually discovered it was you. You did the right thing.

As for the displinary action, you get written up for going +5/-5 cents, LP (loss prevention) doesnt view all transactions of small amounts missing; but, for $600 they would have certainly went over every transaction as part of their investigation. If they could prove it was given away they file charges.

The amount you're allowed to go over varies bank to bank. And you can only have so many.

Edited By: Celphi on Jun 24th 2015, 19:42:32. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Shadow1986 Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 19:53:55

Bank cameras don't catch nearly as much as you'd think they are mostly fixated on the cashbox and the tellers interaction with it and in a situation such as this can easily no provide the necessary info.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 20:04:36

It all depends on the bank. I've prosecuted several cases with bank tellers giving their friends $. Complete transactions caught on camera.

Target [the retail store] is the same way. All transactions are monitored very closely.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 0:50:14

Banks have the abilty to print money any time they like by issuing loans, and they are extremely predatory when it comes to foreclosures on your house, car or farm, and in their interest charges. They are one of the most most despicable forms of institution around. Chemical companies and Government tax collectors have similar moral standards.

If to plan to burn the banks you should do it legally. A mistake at the teller like your $600 wouild quickly be found. The best way is to work for a few years to develop impeccable credit so they loan you lots of money, then you skip. Tell all your neighbors you are moving to Texas to sell swimming pools with your cousin, then go the other way and cross the border to disappear with a truck full of loot. Its a harmless crime since the bank will just write off the imaginary blips that are lost, and there is no actual crime since they voluntarily lent you the money.

Come back in seven years and you can start again

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 0:58:58

I don't think I could borrow enough money to hold me for seven years.
Just shut up and have another beer

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 0:59:26

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
I went to the bank with $600 to deposit after selling 3 cord of wood that I harvested.

I didn't have my account info available, so i asked the teller to provide it to me. He did. As I filled out my deposit slip, he went on his obligatory speech about the benefits of all these different programs/accounts. I humored him by feigning interest and took home some literature. Towards the end of our conversation he gave me a receipt and I went back to the office.

Upon returning to work, I looked at my receipt showing the deposit of $600. Then i looked in my wallet to find $600. He processed the transaction, gave me a receipt reflecting the transaction as complete, but never took the money from me!

Fortunately for the bank, I have morals and I immediately called the bank explaining what happened and that i couldn't get back there today before they closed, but i would be back in the morning with the money.

If I hadn't said or done anything, would this kid have gotten fired? Would I be getting a phone call from the police?

I always use the acronym WWMBD in these types of situations(What Would Michael Brown Do). It has never steered me wrong.
wasn't me...

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 1:06:33

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I don't think I could borrow enough money to hold me for seven years.

I found that with a salary of about $60,000 for 4 years I developed about $250,000 in credit. You don't have to stay the whole 7 years necessarily, but its nice if the seven years in the previous country has passed so you can start right up again when you return there. That keeps the cycle going. :)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 1:10:27

Incidntally, to develop the mazimum credit in the shortest time, get a good job and then go see your bank manager after your first pay cheque and biy a $2000 secured 1 year term loan, and a $1000 secured credit card. In one year you'll have two cars, a house amd $50k in credit cards to enjoy and blow away, all with nothing down.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 1:15:19

Originally posted by Getafix:
Incidntally, to develop the mazimum credit in the shortest time, get a good job and then go see your bank manager after your first pay cheque and biy a $2000 secured 1 year term loan, and a $1000 secured credit card. In one year you'll have two cars, a house amd $50k in credit cards to enjoy and blow away, all with nothing down.

Sounds foolproof when you break it down like that.
Just shut up and have another beer

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 1:20:17

It is, pretty much. Its good to keep track of the banks you burn so next time you find new ones. Also, some outfits will cheat and keep reporting you to Equifax and TRW even thoughtt he 7 years have passed. A call with a sob story about your dying wife, and bringing up your crippled children in poverty will ofen lead a telephone agent to write of an old debt like that so you are completely in the clear.

mrford Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 18:06:38

Lol and banks have poor morals?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Riddler Game profile

Jun 28th 2015, 14:29:20

Originally posted by Jayr:
Originally posted by BUTTMAN:

I always use the acronym WWMBD in these types of situations(What Would Michael Brown Do). It has never steered me wrong.

The answer Jayr is Michael Brown would try to strongarm the bank then go outside and try to strongarm the wrong guy and get shot

earf

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2015, 16:52:31

Originally posted by Celphi:
All transactions are all under a camera. They would have eventually discovered it was you. You did the right thing.

As for the displinary action, you get written up for going +5/-5 cents, LP (loss prevention) doesnt view all transactions of small amounts missing; but, for $600 they would have certainly went over every transaction as part of their investigation. If they could prove it was given away they file charges.

The amount you're allowed to go over varies bank to bank. And you can only have so many.
Are you a lawyer or detective Cellphi

earf

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2015, 21:47:31

This is the number 1 topic in my office today Cellphi the people want to know!!!