Verified:

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:14:03

Originally posted by Brigg:
Originally posted by Thunder:
No Buttman, you're cool. From what I have observed, you have a great understanding of this server. For the record, we were going to come after ya ;) DrunkSEX beat us to it. haha

You're in Elders right? If so, then personally, I would have preferred that.

At least my attitude would have been, "My bad guys! My duplicitous actions got us all killed lol!"

Thats not how this server works apparently because of the way these guys are playing it. You can be KRed while not even provoking them. elders just ended a bunch of countries for no reason. None of them provoked them. You're now getting hit by another clan which you didn't do anything to. Get it? This server is Fed in the head like that. And with less and less players returning. eventually it will be a server with a total of two or three clans of 5 people and two to three untags fighting each other.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:31:01

In all honesty, I'd hate to see that happen. Because ultimately, it looks like people DO have fun in here.

Me, being the new guy, would call it a pretty far stretch to come in here and pretend like I can ask for some ground rules in a server that notorious for having few as it is. So I won't do that. ^.^

What I CAN do is continue learning more about the game, the community, and how people operate around here. I'm a little apprehensive about that, though, because I'm sure I have not made a very good first impression on everyone here. And I'm beginning to feel unwelcome, despite my wanting to make up for the trouble I caused everyone.

So I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'll figure it out.
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:40:07

I would start by:

1) Not caring what people on a message board think of you
2) Going with the flow until you have the strength to enforce your own style of play.

You are admitting and embracing the 'new/rusty returning player' schtick, that is well and good. But as ford mentioned, people have been playing this game off and on for 20 years (myself for 18, although admittedly more OFF than ON) It is silly to assume the server will cater to you.

You are allowed to disagree, but you won't be convincing anyone on the message forums. Develop your play (I will help you if you want strategy tips) and form a team that will give people cause to second guess taking aggressive action. OR, carry over some of the distaste you have from a previous reset and make a FS of your own. Enforcement via in-game action goes a lot farther than whiny message forum posts. I have enjoyed being on your team, its fun to see you having fun, but posting here like you have been will not get you anywhere.

There is always option 3:

Go play Express and Join GDI.. you can be attacked but not killed unless you are the aggressor.

id1028s

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:46:55

In all honesty, I'd hate to see that happen. Because ultimately, it looks like people DO have fun in here.

Me, being the new guy, would call it a pretty far stretch to come in here and pretend like I can ask for some ground rules in a server that notorious for having few as it is. So I won't do that. ^.^

What I CAN do is continue learning more about the game, the community, and how people operate around here. I'm a little apprehensive about that, though, because I'm sure I have not made a very good first impression on everyone here. And I'm beginning to feel unwelcome, despite my wanting to make up for the trouble I caused everyone.

So I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'll figure it out.

"Fun" is relative. The people having 'fun' are the ones picking on random unsuspecting and innocent people and doing 5v1. To the 'bullies' its fun. Flip it around, to the guy trying to net solo that just got ganged on, its not fun.

I'm sure those criminals that engage in those 'knockout games' think its fun too doing a random sucker punch. But its not fun for others and its not ok with the law.

The way this server is being played by some regulars here, and the fact this server has so little people also, means its basically a BS server. What makes this server even worse, is that even as its a free for all BS, ala wild west, they have these arbitrary 'rules' set in place, such as no two teams can gang up on another team at war... blah blah blah. If the teams don't even engage in some kind of honor code, this makes it a shyt fest already. But then to enforce shytty rules on top of that? It makes it ripe for ganging up on smaller teams and using numbers.

Look at what elders did. They announce 'war' against smaller clans. So they engage in them one at a time. But noone else is allowed to 'help' while they are warring one at a time. In the real world, a bunch of bullies tries to pick on people? THe correct result might have been everyone ganging up on them, or a equal or bigger team, acting as the 'police' sets them straight for their sociopathic behaviors.

Edited By: id1028s on Jun 23rd 2015, 18:51:05

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 18:49:18

I know for a fact there are untagged countries that play every reset, they have found a way to play here just fine. id1028s and Brigg, you seem to have a common philosophy about the game and this server in particular, that is a great start to forming a team.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 19:14:21

I'll find a way to make myself at home here without being a pest, and try to integrate myself into the nature of the beast that is the Team server.

For now, I guess I wait for my country to get all the blow-up, then just wait for next reset.

EDIT: Ah, what the hell...I'll fight it out. Gotta learn the ins and out somehow...

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 23rd 2015, 21:08:49
See Original Post

Raging Budda Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 23:18:38

Wow, another thead of mine over 100 posts on team. I even quit commening on it about 20 hours ago.
Your base is mine!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 23:27:26

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
Wow, another thead of mine over 100 posts on team. I even quit commening on it about 20 hours ago.

Yeah, there was a derailment in the conversation somewhere between me complaining the "Declaration of War" was to fast and unfair, and people bringing up how I behaved on other servers.

I'm pretty sure we're resolved...

...maybe...

...dunno.

P.S.: I diffused a bunch of missiles all throughout your team. Last night after you declared war, I managed to spy all five of you without failing. And since at the time I really didn't feel like fighting it out at all, I figured I'd somewhat tweak our chances of survival by pooping on all your missiles.

So I pooped on them.

Lots of them.

Now they are no good >.>

Link Game profile

Jun 23rd 2015, 23:40:57

hey id1028s. stfu about elders already lol. you say thats when happens to "bullys" and label us bullies right? themn gang up on us and stop whining. we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage ( number wise) rather than FSing a netting tag or killing a spam tag of noobs that made some mistakes but looked like they were trying to get their fluff together lol. we only attacked like 3 tagts lol anmd we told the entire server that they can hit us.

and what we did we did with an actual ( albiet kinda nutty ) cause lol. there is a SOLID chance that because of what we have done here, a (maybe more than 1) new, REAL team of players, bound together by their hate for us... will rise from the darkness with anger and rage on their mind and they will use their common desire to kill us as the mortor of their alliance, and if they fail or if the succeed odds are they will still be around...

or maybe next set there will be a few less noobs trying to stay afloat in rubber rafts....

who the hell knows.

either way... whining about us on every other post in a thread that has nothing to do with us is getting old ;p
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 0:53:49

Originally posted by Link:
hey id1028s. stfu about elders already lol. you say thats when happens to "bullys" and label us bullies right? themn gang up on us and stop whining. we put ourselves at a huge disadvantage ( number wise) rather than FSing a netting tag or killing a spam tag of noobs that made some mistakes but looked like they were trying to get their fluff together lol. we only attacked like 3 tagts lol anmd we told the entire server that they can hit us.

and what we did we did with an actual ( albiet kinda nutty ) cause lol. there is a SOLID chance that because of what we have done here, a (maybe more than 1) new, REAL team of players, bound together by their hate for us... will rise from the darkness with anger and rage on their mind and they will use their common desire to kill us as the mortor of their alliance, and if they fail or if the succeed odds are they will still be around...

or maybe next set there will be a few less noobs trying to stay afloat in rubber rafts....

who the hell knows.

either way... whining about us on every other post in a thread that has nothing to do with us is getting old ;p

So you dish but can't take the criticism afterwards? You don't call 5v1, the kind you engaged in to be bullying? You don't call ganging up on countries that didn't even bother you nor want any part of your stupid war bullying? It is. At least admit it. Just like brigg. Its fine to op people but at least admit its trolling.

Noone can 'bully' you in that game. You have the max number per team. Noone can possibly get more numbers than that. At best it will be a fair fight. But fair fight isn't what you guys look for. Ever. I've watched your 'wars' and its always FS and picking easy targets. At least you should do us a favor ands top calling it 'war' and call it what it is, which is 'slaughtering'. You're just looking to rack up kill points. At least just say that. Don't try to be honorable. There has never been any honor in the way your clan engages themselves on team server.

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 1:04:43

*grabs violin and passes out tissues to everyone*

that....was beautiful man. Look....*wipes eye*...real tear.

the year is 2015....a small community in a world created by1s and 0s....some take it seriously enough to have real feelings over it. For some....butthurt....is strong.

Edited By: Thunder on Jun 24th 2015, 1:10:32
See Original Post
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 1:41:36

Some take it seriously enough to have real feelings over it.

Said the guy with "DEFEATER OF MRFORD!" in his signature.

Pride over defeating someone is a "real feeling", too, you know?

Not a personal attack, Just observing amusing irony, that's all <.< *runs*

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 24th 2015, 1:45:14

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 1:45:26

Pride over defeating someone is a real feeling, too, you know?
lol!!!

What is worse.. getting butthurt or feeling pride over a game?

Colo Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 1:49:37

Jesus Christ.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 1:52:05

That was in fantasy football, like 4 or 5 years ago. It is a running joke and you can't exactly change your signatures anymore.

You should stick to what you know, which isn't much.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 1:56:02

Originally posted by mrford:

That was in fantasy football, like 4 or 5 years ago. It is a running joke and you can't exactly change your signatures anymore.

Actually his point stands. There was irony in what was said because I am sure he derives joy from beating people in this game.

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:00:05

I enjoy winning and winning doesn't always have to be winning a server, a game. Achieving a goal like having fun...is WINNING to me. Today my teammates and I are winning again. Am I happy? hell yeah.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:01:22

And now, we've degenerated to personal attacks on intellect!

Classy! Yay, internet!

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 2:03:36

I don't know much either. Actually I don't know much of anything. I'm a moron. Intellectually inferior and a total mental midget.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:06:16

And now, we've degenerated to personal attacks on intellect!

Classy! Yay, internet!

If you want people to think otherwise you might want to start proving me wrong.

As of now you look like little more than a butthurt nub spy suicider. Atleast you have a sidekick.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 2:08:47

lol what? I'm admitting I'm a mental midget and an all around moron with low IQ, but I am not his 'sidekick' if that is what you're referring me as LOL. This mofo opped me multiples times also from multiple server games. Sidekick? No. If he is as dumb as you're trying to say he is, then fellow moron, perhaps.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:09:39

Definitely a sidekick.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 2:15:59

Well then I'm batman and he's robin.

And you're mrford. What ford? Rob Ford as in THE toronto mayor rob ford?

Enough off topic BSing.

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:16:09

yeah I agree. sidekick for sure
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:20:51

May I refer you to the awesome advice given to me earlier in this thread by BUTTMAN:

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
I would start by:

2) Going with the flow until you have the strength to enforce your own style of play.

I like this advice better. I don't need to prove anything to anyone at this point. I've said my piece about this whole "Declaration of War". Nothing will change, my country will still get the blow-up, and I will still play until I find my niche in here. A nice, fresh game of express just started, and I'm giving the farmer approach a try.

This cavalcade of swirling jabs has far lost its point and is far off its original topic. And I'm almost regretting even taking part of it. Who would have thought that asking "What did we do to you?" back on page one would spawn this conversation anyway?

Edited By: Brigg on Jun 24th 2015, 2:23:13

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 2:21:09

Oh look who came to mrford's defense. Looks like thunder is mrford's sidekick also. LOL you're one for the irony arn't you? A bit oblivious to it I'm sure. Oh.. and 'for sure' too.

id1028s

Jun 24th 2015, 2:22:41

May I refer you to the awesome advice given to me earlier in this thread by BUTTMAN:

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
I would start by:

I like this advice better. I don't need to prove anything to anyone at this point. I've said my piece about this whole "Declaration of War". Nothing will change, my country will still get the blow-up, and I will still play until I find my niche in here. A nice, fresh game of express just started, and I'm giving the farmer approach a try.

This cavalcade of swirling jabs has far lost its point and is far off its original topic. And I'm almost regretting even taking part of it. Who would have though that asking "What did we do to you?" back on page one would spawn this conversation anyway?
Nah, other servers are better. Team server is becoming notorious for this kinda stuff because a few regulars think they 'own' the place and do this stuff every reset. Can't take this server seriously. Other servers might be better. You still run into one or two trolls (such as yourself I might add) but more people play there so it kinda averages out the experience.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:24:58

Me and thunder are a super hero duo. No sidekicks needed.

Sidekicks just don't understand.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Link Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:26:15

There is criticism and then there is whining and fluff riding lol. I hope we kill you next set too.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:29:18

Me and thunder are a super hero duo. No sidekicks needed.

Sidekicks just don't understand.

This looks like bait.

Sleep is more important. Work in the morning. Good night, everyone!

id1028s: I PMed you.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:31:01

Why PM when you can just throw the bat signal up?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:33:27

right on my brother from another!!
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 2:37:36

The troll-o-meter is just off the chart in this thread, Brigg, buddy, you just got schooled dawg!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:56:27

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
The troll-o-meter is just off the chart in this thread, Brigg, buddy, you just got schooled dawg!

And all the craps I give about "Being Schooled" are just raining from the sky!

So much for sleeping...The storm that passed through in the Northeast just decided to put a 300 pound tree branch through my roof. Huzzah! Looks like nature and my insurance company will be the ones "schooling" me today!

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 3:06:53

You shouldn't sleep talk.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 3:11:04

Sorry to hear that Brigg. we experienced those winds twice in the last week.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 3:22:17

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

And all the craps I give about "Being Schooled" are just raining from the sky!

So much for sleeping...The storm that passed through in the Northeast just decided to put a 300 pound tree branch through my roof. Huzzah! Looks like nature and my insurance company will be the ones "schooling" me today!

The only thing that matters is you and your family is safe.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Dissident Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 3:41:34

around here we call those plow winds. tornado strength but no twirling

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 4:16:14

Friday night we had 91mph straight lines, for you metric folk, 146.45 kph. Two nights later we had over 70mph winds straight line also 112.654 kph. There was a town to the east of us that had winds from a thunderstorm that was collapsing hit 141mph, 226.918 kph. No tornadoes, but the sound of the wind rushing by our home sure sounded like one.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 5:10:03

That's awful
(•_•)

Thunder Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 5:14:54

when you live on the northern end of tornado alley, it happens. Sadly, the storm friday night took the life of a resident here. he was 61, lived in a trailer, and from where he was found, probably didn't even hear the storm raging around him as he was wearing his stereo headphones.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 10:26:07

Yeah, it was pretty awful. And at the risk of sounding like a commercial, State Farm was there lol. And thanks for all the condolences and sympathy, gang. And yes, Thunder, that is sad :(

Everyone's safe, and I'm fully covered for the damages. Fortunately, the rain had stopped by the time the branch gave way, and the branch only made it to the attic; not into any of the living space of the home itself. Still sucks tremendously having to assess the damage to the attic and what was stored up there.

Trying to laugh it off and look at the bright side, but it's a little tough. Now I have to try to get to work with half of my routes there blocked by fallen trees. I already called them and told them I'd be late. They found it as no surprise.

Have a good day everyone. I might spend my turns on my lunch break or something.

Donny Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 13:15:10

I was going to sit back and read this.... but NAHHH

<3 HMM (#21)
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

elvesrus

Jun 24th 2015, 23:22:59

damn thunder. the winds have only gotten to maybe 60 around here. not sure how bad they've been down in pueblo that isn't as sheltered by the mountains
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.