Verified:

SPARTACUS

Apr 29th 2015, 14:24:46

mrford Game profile

Apr 29th 2015, 14:26:11

You had 3 choices, doing something about it, ignore it, or fluff about it.

Predictably you chose to fluff about it. Classic.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Die Laf Die

Apr 29th 2015, 15:35:38

bunch of pansies

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 29th 2015, 16:05:24

LAND TRADING IS LAME AND GREATLY DIMINISHES THE GAME. IT CHANGES THIS GAME FROM ONE OF COMPETITIVE STRUGGLE TO A COOPERATIVE, EVERYBODY-WINS-TOGETHER GAME.. LIKE ONE MADE FOR SMALL CHILDREN!

HOWEVER! AS LONG AS THE DYNAMIC IS PRESENT, AND REMAINS FAR AND AWAY THE BEST WAY TO ACHIEVE RICHES FOR YOUR COUNTRY, THE PLAYERS CANNOT BE BLAMED FOR EXPLOITING THE DYNAMIC. LAND TRADING WILL NOT GO AWAY UNTIL THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS FOR CREATING A WINNING COUNTRY.

AND IF LAND TRADING MUST BE DONE, THEN LAF'S CURRENT STRATEGY OF DOING IT INTERNALLY MAKES FAR MORE SENSE TO ME THAN WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST COUPLE YEARS. MEMBERS OF LAF HELP OTHER MEMBERS OF LAF. THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING ON A SERVER WITH TAGS. IN MY OPINION, IF EVERY ALLIANCE WOULD DO THIS (AND EXPRESSLY PROHIBIT THEIR MEMBERS FROM TRADING OUTSIDE THEIR OWN TAG) IT COULD REINTRODUCE SOME COMPETITIVENESS WHICH IS CURRENTLY SORELY LACKING

Trife Game profile

Apr 29th 2015, 16:56:44

Originally posted by mrford:
You had 3 choices, doing something about it, ignore it, or fluff about it.

Predictably you chose to fluff about it. Classic.

+1

mrford for mod

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 29th 2015, 21:46:17

AND IF LAND TRADING MUST BE DONE, THEN LAF'S CURRENT STRATEGY OF DOING IT INTERNALLY MAKES FAR MORE SENSE TO ME THAN WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST COUPLE YEARS. MEMBERS OF LAF HELP OTHER MEMBERS OF LAF. THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING ON A SERVER WITH TAGS. IN MY OPINION, IF EVERY ALLIANCE WOULD DO THIS (AND EXPRESSLY PROHIBIT THEIR MEMBERS FROM TRADING OUTSIDE THEIR OWN TAG) IT COULD REINTRODUCE SOME COMPETITIVENESS WHICH IS CURRENTLY SORELY LACKING [/quote]

This is the way trading should be done!! Why help other tags when you can help your own?

Hawkster Game profile

Apr 30th 2015, 12:42:28

Agreed, land trading with other clans is lame and defeats whole purpose of having clans. Pansy ass server.

I am cheering LaF on from the sidelines.

Arsenal

May 1st 2015, 2:36:29

Boring manipulation of game mechanics.

Arsenal

May 1st 2015, 2:37:17

TC would be calling this generation of LaF's amateur.

Raging Budda Game profile

May 1st 2015, 4:00:03

"Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough with the Dark Side"
Your base is mine!

Hawkster Game profile

May 1st 2015, 5:41:43

Bah, the Dark Side is lame too. The Grey Side is where its at .. you get the best of both the dark and the light sides.

Rasp Game profile

May 1st 2015, 13:35:18

Lowering the bar as usual.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Suncrusher Game profile

May 1st 2015, 14:12:57

war?

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2015, 1:59:54

Originally posted by Rasp:

We need James Cameron to come raise the bar back up!!

locket Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 2:18:51

Lameeeeeeeeee

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2015, 13:12:11

Originally posted by locket:
Lameeeeeeeeee

All trading is lame internal or otherwise.

Vic Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 13:50:03

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by locket:
Lameeeeeeeeee

All trading is lame internal or otherwise.

Vic Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 13:52:24

Originally posted by Arsenal:
TC would be calling this generation of LaF's amateur.

TC? lol... more than 50% of the current lafers joined laf before TC had.
i missed the whole TC scandal by about 3 months, but I fondly remember prank calling him with my RL friends when I was 13 and 14 years old. His mom would pick up, and in beavis/butthead voices I'd ask for "Turtle Crawler please", and every single time his mom would immediately hand him the phone at which point he'd answer "Turtle Here". Then we'd erupt into laughter and hang up.
(basically my friends just couldn't believe how big of a nerd you'd have to be for your own mother to identify you as Turtle Crawler)

jeffpatate Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 16:57:27

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2015, 20:32:56

Vic, Arsenal just looks for any opportunity to bash LaF it's his MO. Don't fall into his trap :)

By the way that's an awesome story about TC. Also the fact that you think he is a bigger nerd than you is also funny. I think we are all in the same nerd boat here brother!

Raging Budda Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 20:39:17

Originally posted by jjterrico:

+10. I think that South Park episode won an Emmy.
Your base is mine!

Vic Game profile

May 3rd 2015, 0:19:16

Originally posted by Requiem:
Vic, Arsenal just looks for any opportunity to bash LaF it's his MO. Don't fall into his trap :)

By the way that's an awesome story about TC. Also the fact that you think he is a bigger nerd than you is also funny. I think we are all in the same nerd boat here brother!

hehe i'd be honored to be in the same boat as you req, but this is the only online game i play. lots of you guys play lots of games i've never heard of. so you all may rank higher up there and with names like requiem and turtle crawler i think you guys have a few extra nerd points :p

mdevol Game profile

May 3rd 2015, 3:38:06

Nope. All equally nerdy. The thing that separates some of us is the people that use multiple aliai (?) and break the law and the rules/spirit of the game to gain a competitive advantage. Those are the REAL troubled nerds Vic. I am sure you agree with that, huh?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

locket Game profile

May 3rd 2015, 8:50:46

Anyone still playing a text based game from the 90s is a big nerd.

And Requiem, at least trading the way I liked to do it was me trying to win the trade even if I knew both sides would benefit. This is just sad.

Colo Game profile

May 3rd 2015, 9:13:34

Originally posted by jjterrico:

ha

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2015, 12:43:08

I see your point locket but it's really not far removed from what you see now. I told you a long time ago this would be the natural progression.

Want to improve the game as far as competitiveness goes? Get rid of ghost increase bots and let everyone fight over the resources. You know like the late 90s early 2000s.

Edited By: Requiem on May 3rd 2015, 12:49:53
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2015, 12:48:36

Vic is the best ever. A good bro ribbing is always welcome. BTW the boxing match last night was #underwhelming

TBE ehhhhhhh

locket Game profile

May 5th 2015, 6:17:17

I think Ghost acres are good personally. I like having multiple styles to play. Trading should just be the 2nd best way to gain land instead of the best.

And yah I figured it might head there if no one is willing to stop it.

Vic Game profile

May 5th 2015, 11:04:07

Originally posted by mdevol:
Nope. All equally nerdy. The thing that separates some of us is the people that use multiple aliai (?) and break the law and the rules/spirit of the game to gain a competitive advantage. Those are the REAL troubled nerds Vic. I am sure you agree with that, huh?

You mean when I was 16 and a head in multiple alliances (which was never against the rules) and never played more than 1 country? Lol nice try mdevol :p

Ya req I agree, boring fight :/

Vic Game profile

May 5th 2015, 11:05:04

And to be fair, your photos are epic mdevol. I don't even come close to your nerdyness ... But I'd definitely like to try :)

justtaint

May 5th 2015, 19:10:28

Originally posted by Vic:
Originally posted by mdevol:

You mean when I was 16 and a head in multiple alliances (which was never against the rules) and never played more than 1 country? Lol nice try mdevol :p

Ya req I agree, boring fight :/

Whoosh
SlashMD